[GUIDE] ICS Theming Discussion/Guide

Search This thread

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
Alright I followed the instructions in the OP to get rid of the tint on the notifications. I'm on the latest AOKP and was wondering if there is something else that needs to be modified. After changing the value to 100% it seems the tint is still covering the notifications... Any help you guys can offer would be great as its driving me crazy not being able to see the notifications lol.

Sent from my US HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

I do this with every ROM I use and never had any problems..All you need to do is change that one line in dimens.xml

Paste me the line you're using..

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
Alright I followed the instructions in the OP to get rid of the tint on the notifications. I'm on the latest AOKP and was wondering if there is something else that needs to be modified. After changing the value to 100% it seems the tint is still covering the notifications... Any help you guys can offer would be great as its driving me crazy not being able to see the notifications lol.

Did you change the transparency settings in rom control for AOKP? This will override the xml change

Smokem_I

Nov 24, 2010
Peoria
I do this with every ROM I use and never had any problems..All you need to do is change that one line in dimens.xml

Paste me the line you're using..

Yeah it seemed pretty easy and I'm sure I edited it correctly.... I'll paste the line when I get to my computer. Thanks!

Did you change the transparency settings in rom control for AOKP? This will override the xml change

No I didn't change the transparency settings in rom control. I just left them default as it said it would increase battery usage. Thanks for the replies I'll keep trying.

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
No I didn't change the transparency settings in rom control. I just left them default as it said it would increase battery usage. Thanks for the replies I'll keep trying.

Ok If you dont change it there then nothing you do to the xml will work. With AOKP the rom control settings over ride the default xml entries. Yes it will use up more battery to make them be brighter but not enough to notice. I have mine maxed out so dim effect at all. And have not noticed a difference

Reactions: Smokem_I

Smokem_I

Nov 24, 2010
Peoria
Ok If you dont change it there then nothing you do to the xml will work. With AOKP the rom control settings over ride the default xml entries. Yes it will use up more battery to make them be brighter but not enough to notice. I have mine maxed out so dim effect at all. And have not noticed a difference

Okay thanks a lot! It's seems I didn't even have to make the edit myself lol. You were correct. After looking through rom control I found a setting for icon transparency.... I changed it to 100% and all is well now. Thanks again! Now off to theme chooser land :)

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
Okay thanks a lot! It's seems I didn't even have to make the edit myself lol. You were correct. After looking through rom control I found a setting for icon transparency.... I changed it to 100% and all is well now. Thanks again! Now off to theme chooser land :)

Glad it helped. Just remember that if there are any settings in rom control Any XML settings for that will not work. So just double check first

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Smokem_I

vikasb32

Recognized Themer
May 9, 2011
Hardwar
OnePlus 6
Guys i made green ics theme for theme chooser every thing is working but the download progress is still blue.i did every thing to solve that problem but no luck:(.please someone help me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fellow themers,

I have started putting together this guide for theming ICS. Some stuff I figured out myself and some was done by others so credit to all who figured it out first.

Please post your findings as well and I will add them here.

Happy theming.

GUIDE

Tools:

Update your sdk to 4.0
    Latest Apkmanager (5.0.2) (make sure you replace the aapt with the latest one from your 4.0 sdk install/ Apk Multi-Tool
    Latest Apktool

Install the framework:

Code:
    apktool if framework-res.apk

Framework Compilation Errors:

You will notice that you get a lot of 'plurals.xml line 79' errors when trying to compile the framework.

You have to go the line 79 in each xml that gave an error and add a % in front of the 2nd %d.

For example in values/plurals.xml, change the following:

Code:
    <item quantity="other">%d of %d</item>

to:

Code:
    <item quantity="other">%d of %%d</item>

It will compile ok after that.

Clock/Carrier/Ticker/Text Highlight colors:

In framework-res/res/values/colors.xml, change the following to your desired hex color code:

Code:
    <color name="holo_blue_light"></color>
    <color name="holo_blue_dark"></color>
    <color name="highlighted_text_holo_dark"></color>
    <color name="highlighted_text_holo_light"></color>

Notifications background color:

In SystemUI/res/values/drawables.xml, change the following to your desired hex color code:

Code:
        <item type="drawable" name="notification_item_background_color"></item>
        <item type="drawable" name="notification_item_background_color_pressed"></item>
        <item type="drawable" name="status_bar_notification_row_background_color"></item>
        </item>

Changing the statusbar image:

In SystemUI/res/values/drawables.xml, change this one line and change the corresponding image in drawable-hdpi/xhdpi:

Code:
        <drawable name="status_bar_background">@drawable/status_bar_bg_tile</drawable>
        </item>

Changing the notification pulldown image:

In SystemUI/res/layout/status_bar_tracking.xml, add ---android:background="@drawable/pulldown"--- to the first line and add the corresponding image in drawable-hdpi/xhdpi:

Code:
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.TrackingView android:orientation="vertical" android:background="@drawable/pulldown" android:paddingLeft="0.0px" android:paddingRight="0.0px" android:paddingBottom="0.0px" android:focusable="true" android:visibility="gone" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants"

Removing the tint that Google inexplicably added to all the notifications:

In SystemUI/res/values/dimens.xml, change this value to anything you like:

Code:
        <item type="dimen" name="status_bar_icon_drawing_alpha"></item>
        </item>

Changing it to 100% will get rid of the tint altogether.
    Reserved for later...
    One more for later...
    @AvatarOfFrost you said it's different for other places, but IMO it's global: \framework-res\res\drawable-nodpi\background_holo_dark.png

Glad it helped. Just remember that if there are any settings in rom control Any XML settings for that will not work. So just double check first

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2