[Q] Just purchased S4, how to root with ucufnb1?

Search This thread
Hello,

Just to say at first, I like the people here at XDA and the developers, my Capitivate lasted and sadly my NAND failed yesterday for my S3. My S3 got softbricked and Odin says NAND Write failed all versions... :crying: Trying to revive it but anyways..

I just purchased the AT&T 1337 yesterday, and I noticed many forums about the UCUFNB1, not too happy what I am seeing. :( Is there a possible root for this version yet? Or is it still in development? I haven't done custom ROM's before, I just stick with stock and just want root accessibility. I have many apps from my S3 that I had backed up with Titanium Backup, but finding that the latest version of kitkat is an issue bums me out. :(

If there is any help or something of a source, can you point me to the direction? And any input on this stock rom or going to a custom would be great.

Thank you

G

GuestX0019

I am at work, but wanted to point you--

look in general and/or q&a for nb1/mk2 threads

you will need to go back to mk2 to root, nb1 doesn't have it yet

will need to use safestrap 3.71?

no custom recoveries, no custom kernels

Thanks

Thanks rug and JD, that is very helpful. :D However I am at work too, I'll wait to try after my class tonight. Plus I saw something about the SIM Unlocking on MK2, that would be useful for going overseas. Also, i see many things about the wifi not working on MK2 is that because of the rom?

G

GuestX0019

not sure on the wifi--i have an early phone and not restricted--jd will know--:good:

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota

Top Liked Posts