[Q] Custom Rom for Flipside??

Search This thread

xaser66

Oct 4, 2010
well, I hope that may be now, the flipsides are reaching the hands of people that may have more interest in see a ROM for them... in fact it is a nice hardware platform, with decent specs for a light ROM and with a strong keyboard implementation, so...

please, if there more interested friends around may sahre there comments or if possible their findings or testings, and best if may be possible some info about what could be needed to tweak in order to make FlipOut and may be BackFlip Roms to work with the MB508 FlipSide.

thanks and best regards!

thebluetoothkid

Feb 10, 2008
Well the site won't let me post the link until I have at least 8 posts and you have to wait 5 mins between posts. so i'm not going to sit here for 40mins just to post a link. so here is the info and eventually I'll post the link.

"Motorola and AT&T are happy to announce a pre-release of the FroYo (Android 2.2) software upgrade* for FLIPSIDE with MOTOBLUR, before it is officially released to all customers. We are recruiting 200 FLIPSIDE owners to test and provide feedback on the upgrade.

This registration period will be open until we receive our limit of qualified applicants. Note that you must be a member of the Motorola Owners' Forums to register. If you're interested in testing and want to take part, just join Motorola's community now and then fill out the short registration form**.

Please note that registering will not guarantee you'll be among those testing the software upgrade as testers will be chosen on a first-come, first-served basis, and on valid registration responses. Registration tenatively closes at 8am Central time 7/18/11. Selected users will receive additional information to prepare for the update via email when the trial begins.

A list of enhancements will be available at a later date.

Thanks!

Motorola Community Management

* Motorola Software Pre-Releases are final software checks, with a limited group of users, before upgrades/updates are provided to the general public. Software tested may be no different than what other users receive once testing is complete.
** If you have registered previously and have a new IMEI please re-enter registration to update your IMEI.

*** Please do not contact customer service regarding this FLIPSIDE™ upgrade as they will not be able to provide assistance until the upgrade is available to everyone. Please check back here for updates on availability."

DeadlyCZ

Apr 21, 2011
finally got froyo...through official update :) thanks motorola

but it would be still better to get rid of that motoblur - custom rom...any progress ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Flipside runs pretty well if your root it and remove the AT&T stuff. I use LauncherPro as my home app.

Edit: don't add your social networks as Blur accounts. Use the Android FB widget and other apps to access that info.
    I don't think anyone has cooked up a custom ROM for the Flipside. The phone's not really supported and known by most people. Everything is for higher end Android phones.

I have ADW EX on my Captivate over a ROM, and put it on my girlfriends Flipside. It's definitely a step up because of the animations, themes and options with the launcher. Honestly... Motoblur is hideous.
    +1 for ADW Launcher, between that and removing most of the motoblur / AT&T stuff with Titanium Backup the interface gets much better. I'm sad that I'm still stuck with the motoblur contacts/dialer, but at least I was able to use the modded messaging app from Cyanogen 5.

Try Dialer One. Very nice free dialer.
    Check over at modmymobile there is a thread I made to start one for flipside, kinda works related to the cynogenmod.