(bootloader) modelid: 0P6B10000
(bootloader) cidnum: 11111111
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: 0a41237a
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11

Can I now flash the 1.54.401.5 FW?

Good sunday to all....Someone can confirm me If I now can flash 1.54.401.5 FW?! :D

gooface

Feb 20, 2012
Buckley, WA
Just successfully flashed this on my Tmous S-OFF M8, worked perfectly the first time. I love this phone so much, so glad I made the switch from the m7. This took a while to get on my m7 (since S-OFF wasnt accomplished this fast on it)

I followed this guide after downloading the firmware:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2365506

so now I am sporting:

S-OFF
Tampered notification is gone
1.54.401.5 firmware
ARHD 5.0

couldnt be better (other than getting TMOUS WIFI Support, but good things will come to those who wait. I love this experience with this phone so far, I cant wait to see what the future holds with it.

edit: my only complaint is I had to flash TWRP again after flashing this firmware.

Last edited:

seanyuan62

Oct 2, 2010
Just successfully flashed this on my Tmous S-OFF M8, worked perfectly the first time. I love this phone so much, so glad I made the switch from the m7. This took a while to get on my m7 (since S-OFF wasnt accomplished this fast on it)

so now I am sporting:

S-OFF
1.54.401.5 firmware
ARHD 5.0

couldnt be better (other than getting TMOUS WIFI Support, but good things will come to those who wait. I love this experience with this phone so far, I cant wait to see what the future holds with it.

edit: my only complaint is I had to flash TWRP again after flashing this firmware.

So you flashed away your T-Mobile radios?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

seanyuan62

Oct 2, 2010

so now I am sporting:

S-OFF
1.54.401.5 firmware
ARHD 5.0

What is your problem with TMOUS WI-FI support? What is wrong? WiFi or WiFi calling

seanyuan62

Oct 2, 2010
So this is the same as flashing a dev edition ruu.exe to xompletley convert except you won't have a dev edition stock Rom you will have your old Rom?

gooface

Feb 20, 2012
Buckley, WA
So this is the same as flashing a dev edition ruu.exe to xompletley convert except you won't have a dev edition stock Rom you will have your old Rom?

Not exactly sure since I have never done that. This is updating the firmware which updates the radio and drivers and a number of other hardware related things that you mostly won't notice but its nice having the latest and greatest.

This way as well you get to match firmwares with ROM releases so it's all up to date and synced together. Usually carriers do this when you get ota updates.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Toxicology

Aug 30, 2011
Heidelberg
OnePlus 8 Pro
So I flashed it also on my German tmob device with SuperCID and s-off... Works good. Used vomers M7 guide, but only had to flash it once. The only strange thing is, afterwards my root was gone somehow and bootloader doesn't show os-version anymore. Could that bring complications?

Sent from my M8

nasty159

Jan 31, 2011
I have a Telstra branded HTC One M8 from Australia. It would be most appreciated if someone can let me know if it is safe to flash 1.54.401.5 on my phone.

CID: TELST001 (I will change this to superCID)
MID: 0P6B11000
product: m8_ul
version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
version-main: 1.12.841.17
version-bootloader: 3.16.0.0000

Our Aussie M8s have the 2.5ghz processor. Not sure if that makes a difference with firmwares? So I am S-OFF and currently running firmware 1.12.841.17.

I just want to know if I can flash firmware 1.54.401.5? Thanks.

Toxicology

Aug 30, 2011
Heidelberg
OnePlus 8 Pro
I found a strange habit after flashing 1.54.401.5:

After flashing in fastboot oem rebootRUU (which I only did one time, cause it says "Succesfull") I get this getvar-all:

C:\sr\htc\adb>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 3.16.0.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.15.2133156.UA13G
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 1.54.401.5 <- The version main is changed!
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) imei2: Not Support
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m8_ul
(bootloader) platform: hTCBmsm8974
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 0mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: ab0efa49
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11 <- I'm not sure about that, cause inside android-info.txt it says hbootpreupdate:12
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.031s

After complete booting device and then adb reboot bootloader I get this getvar all:

C:\sr\htc\adb>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 3.16.0.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.15.2133156.UA13G
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: <- Version Main Info is missing!
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 0mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: ab0efa49
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.031s

Can someone pleaaaase tell me, why this happens? Someone who succesfully flashed 1.54 can show how the bootloader looks like?
I dunno exactly, but it seems something isn't flashed well. And its also strange, why I only have to flash once - usually there was Failed 90hbootpreupdate and the message to flush again immediately. With this firmware I don't get that - just Successfull at the end.

Crazypinoy9

Jun 19, 2010
So I flashed it also on my German tmob device with SuperCID and s-off... Works good. Used vomers M7 guide, but only had to flash it once. The only strange thing is, afterwards my root was gone somehow and bootloader doesn't show os-version anymore. Could that bring complications?

Sent from my M8

That exact same thing happened to me too. Root Checker said it wasn't rooted but everytime i tried weaksauce it said I was already rooted. All it took was for me to reflash ARHD and root was back. Kinda strange but it's working fine again. Hopefully that helps you like it did me.

Reactions: Toxicology

Toxicology

Aug 30, 2011
Heidelberg
OnePlus 8 Pro
That exact same thing happened to me too. Root Checker said it wasn't rooted but everytime i tried weaksauce it said I was already rooted. All it took was for me to reflash ARHD and root was back. Kinda strange but it's working fine again. Hopefully that helps you like it did me.

I just flashed ARHD 5.0 - root is there again. But I still have to mentioned problem, that my version-Info in Bootloader is missing.
Have you flashed the firmware twice or just one time? Do you have supercid and s-off or HTC__001 (or HTC__102) and s-off?

the_scotsman

Assistant Forum Admin
Staff member
I have a Telstra branded HTC One M8 from Australia. It would be most appreciated if someone can let me know if it is safe to flash 1.54.401.5 on my phone.

CID: TELST001 (I will change this to superCID)
MID: 0P6B11000
product: m8_ul
version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
version-main: 1.12.841.17
version-bootloader: 3.16.0.0000

Our Aussie M8s have the 2.5ghz processor. Not sure if that makes a difference with firmwares? So I am S-OFF and currently running firmware 1.12.841.17.

I just want to know if I can flash firmware 1.54.401.5? Thanks.

Perfectly safe. I have the 2.5GHz telstra M8 and have flashed the newer firmware and running a custom ROM. Everythign works as it should.

makomek

Jul 2, 2009
Area 51
Work perfect on my At&t M8 ,update firmware in 30sec. The radio in this firmware is a lot better on tmobile US service than the at&t radio, I got full bar most of the time .

Toxicology

Aug 30, 2011
Heidelberg
OnePlus 8 Pro
I found a strange habit after flashing 1.54.401.5:

After flashing in fastboot oem rebootRUU (which I only did one time, cause it says "Succesfull") I get this getvar-all:

(bootloader) version-main: 1.54.401.5 <- The version main is changed!
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:

After complete booting device and then adb reboot bootloader I get this getvar all:

(bootloader) version-main: <- Version Main Info is missing!
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:

Can someone pleaaaase tell me, why this happens? Someone who succesfully flashed 1.54 can show how the bootloader looks like?
I dunno exactly, but it seems something isn't flashed well. And its also strange, why I only have to flash once - usually there was Failed 90hbootpreupdate and the message to flush again immediately. With this firmware I don't get that - just Successfull at the end.

Found something out - could be interesting, cause I never had that before with my HTC M7.

When I switch the cid to HTC__102, HTC__001...the version-main-info keeps displaying in bootloader and getvar all and also the red Warning at booting device is gone. As soon as I change back to supercid the version-main-info in bootloader and getvar all dissappears and red Warning Text at boot is back again. Switching again back to a regular Cid makes again version-main-info available in bootloader. Seems something new in M8.

c5satellite2

Mar 2, 2012
Found something out - could be interesting, cause I never had that before with my HTC M7.

When I switch the cid to HTC__102, HTC__001...the version-main-info keeps displaying in bootloader and getvar all and also the red Warning at booting device is gone. As soon as I change back to supercid the version-main-info in bootloader and getvar all dissappears and red Warning Text at boot is back again. Switching again back to a regular Cid makes again version-main-info available in bootloader. Seems something new in M8.

Maybe hboot checks both CID locations now to see if they match.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

sep2.png

This thread is a placeholder for all possible firmwares we can get from official HTC OTA's.
    Your CID number must be exactly the same. If it's written "HTC__001" it means you can't flash it, if your CID is "02__001". The whole text must match!

Please READ this small F.A.Q. before continuing!

What is firmware.zip?
    Firmware.zip is a part of each OTA update from HTC. It contains important part of the firmware like radio, bootloader, recovery, kernel etc..

Why it's important to flash firmware.zip and when should I flash it?
    It is recommended to have flashed latest firmware on your device for best modem performance and system stability. Sometimes it's necessary to have latest bootloader flashed because otherwise your device might not work well with new system update.

Does firmware.zip contains radio?
    Yes, it does contain radio, and for S-ON devices the only method to update radio is to flash latest firmware.zip

Why it's important to flash it before flashing custom ROM?
    Because firmware.zip contains boot.img (ramdisk and kernel) that will replace custom boot.img from any custom ROM you have. That's why you have to flash firmware.zip first, because otherwise boot.img will be overwritten with stock one.
    If you already flashed firmware.zip after flashing custom ROM, just flash this particular custom ROM again.

Does firmware.zip contains recovery?
    Yes, it does contain recovery image, that's why after flashing firmware.zip you will have to flash custom recovery again, to be able to flash custom ROM afterwards.

Can I flash this firmware.zip on any HTC One?
    Not if your device is S-ON. To be able to flash it on S-ON device, your modelid (example: PN0710000) and cidnum (example: HTC__001) must match the firmware.zip version you are about to flash.

If my modelid or cidnum doesn't match, can I brick my device if I try to flash firmware.zip anyway?
    As long as your device is S-ON flashing firmware.zip with non matching modelid or cidnum will result in error and nothing will be flashed, so there is no risk of brick.

Do I need to have locked, unlocked or relocked bootloader to be able to flash firmware.zip?
    Your bootloader needs to be relocked.

If I can't flash newest firmware.zip because of wrong modeid (MID) or cidnum (CID) does it mean I can't use custom ROM based on the latest HTC update?
    In most cases you should be able to run any custom ROM as long as hboot update is not mandatory.

What if there is no firmware.zip for my MID/CID?
    Try to find latest OTA update for your original stock ROM and send it to me. I will post firmware.zip here.

Downloads.png

How to flash?
    (bootloader needs to be relocked)
    1. If you are S-ON ---> Re-lock your bootloader (this will most probably wipe content of your device)
    2. If you are S-OFF ---> no need to re-lock the bootloader.
    3. Copy downloaded .zip to fastboot.exe location (e.g. c:/SDK/platform-tools/fastboot.exe)
    4. Re-name .zip file to firmware.zip
    5. Open command prompt
    6. Boot your device in fastboot mode (vol down + power ===> fastboot)
    7. Connect device to the PC
    8. In command prompt cd to fastboot.exe location
    9. Make sure you have correct modeid and cidnum (type: fastboot getvar all)
    10. Type: fastboot oem lock (if your device is not relocked yet or in case it's S-ON)
    11. Type: fastboot oem rebootRUU and wait for device to reboot
    12. Type: fastboot flash zip firmware.zip and wait for process to complete
    13. Sometimes flashing for the first time doesn't work, so flash firmware.zip again just to make sure.
    14. Type: fastboot flash zip firmware.zip and wait for process to complete
    15. Type: fastboot reboot
    16. Unlock your bootloader and flash custom recovery if you are going to use custom ROM.

RUUs variants:
    Click here
    Just got my M8 today, managed to grab the 1.54.401.5 OTA zip. Thought I'd post the firmware zip here

1.54.401.5 firmware

Code:
    HBOOT 3.16.0.0000
    RADIO 1.15.2133156.UA13G
    OS 1.54.401.5
    3.28.401.6 fimware added.
    4.16.401.10 added to the collection :)
    For continuity, here's the 1.54.401.10 FW package as well...

https://www.hightail.com/download/ZUczc0w1MHdFc0lLSk5Vag