FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

**What phone should I buy next?** -- Not sure what device to buy? Ask here!

14,560 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,271

By KidCarter93, Retired Forum Moderator on 21st August 2012, 11:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th August 2019, 08:27 PM |#11711  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Which forum would I post in, pertaining to a question about smart Glasses?

Bump

22nd August 2019, 06:26 AM |#11712  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pich78

Hi all,

I'm searching for a low cost ( max 200€ ) phone to be used with android - vanilla version.

Requirements:
- good support of Android P ( and then Q )
- porting of the google camera app
- at least 4 gigs of RAM
- display of at least 5.5"

Go for Samsung s7 or s8. At second hand, of course.
22nd August 2019, 02:14 PM |#11713  
Flag Velletri, RM
Thanks Meter: 132

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pich78

Hi all,

I'm searching for a low cost ( max 200€ ) phone to be used with android - vanilla version.

Requirements:
- good support of Android P ( and then Q )
- porting of the google camera app
- at least 4 gigs of RAM
- display of at least 5.5"

If you consider also preowned devices, a Mi a2 is great Android one phone for less than 200 and great support
23rd August 2019, 08:23 AM |#11714  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 16

More
I have been using Asus Max Pro M2, but it's having some minor issues. Hence, looking for new new android phone. I'm waiting for asus rog phone 2 to launch. if its under 35000 inr, i may go for that. otherwise redmi k20 is looking good to me. i also thought of going for razer phone 2, but it's hardware is kind of on low end considering its cost.

I'm open for other suggestions (android only, no samsung please). i have asus rog phone 2, asus 6z, redmi k20 in mind right now but if there's something at lower end, i can go for that too.
23rd August 2019, 02:21 PM |#11715  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Needs:
Rootable
Vanilla Android
Sprint
Replaceable Battery
SD Card

1-2 options. Not looking for expensive, but I do not really care about specs because I do not use android as a computer, just a phone. The area I am in has no 5g...

Anyone know if I can take advantage of the $25 kick start plan, and hotspot (hack) that thing to use sprint data for anything?
24th August 2019, 10:47 AM |#11716  

More
hiii..
I wanted to buy Xiaomi Mi A3 with Android One, but they released really a lite version without NFC. So I think about Motorola Moto One Vision. Any experiences with it? I use smartphones as multimedia device, so I'd like good photos, good audio output as well. How is running Exynos on it?
Or is any chance that Xiaomi will release any Mi A3 Pro with better parameters?

Thanks
24th August 2019, 12:28 PM |#11717  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Hi to all, any suggestion to small phone, max 135-140 mm height, approximately 5", Android based, min. 3 GB RAM? Thanks alot for possible feedback.
24th August 2019, 04:24 PM |#11718  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdawg

Needs:
Rootable
Vanilla Android
Sprint
Replaceable Battery
SD Card

1-2 options. Not looking for expensive, but I do not really care about specs because I do not use android as a computer, just a phone. The area I am in has no 5g...

Anyone know if I can take advantage of the $25 kick start plan, and hotspot (hack) that thing to use sprint data for anything?

Any luck here?
25th August 2019, 10:32 PM |#11719  
Flag England
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Hi everyone. Just wondering if the Pixel 3A will feel like a good upgrade (worth the £300) coming from an A2 Lite.

I have the A2 Lite right now. The specs are pretty good for the price, however it does feel slow from time to time in general use. Also it seems like the A3 is a downgrade with just a 720p screen, so I was thinking about getting a Pixel 3A.

The screen is similar size and resolution to the Pixel 3A but IPS not AMOLED, and it seems like the 3A suffers from the screen changing to purple/pink over time?

So other than the camera and better CPU/GPU/RAM are there any other improvements? I'm sure it will be an improvement, but Is it worth the money?
28th August 2019, 09:58 AM |#11720  

More
Guys, what do you think about Iphone 8?
28th August 2019, 12:12 PM |#11721  
Flag Velletri, RM
Thanks Meter: 132

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik1000

Guys, what do you think about Iphone 8?

I used Iphone 8+ and it is probably the best iphone for your penny worth... Camera is crazy good and it is waterproof, tested in the Italian (salty) sea

You may consider to save money with a Pocophone that also rocks when running gcamera and Lineage OS, besides, for the price that you can get an Iphone 8 or 8+, you can get a new Pixel 3a for example or a used 3XL
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
device, new device, new phone, phone, tablet, what to buy, what to choose

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)