FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

**What phone should I buy next?** -- Not sure what device to buy? Ask here!

14,560 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,271

By KidCarter93, Retired Forum Moderator on 21st August 2012, 11:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th September 2012, 05:14 AM |#201  
Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Tablet Cube U18GT - Is it worth it for a less than $100 7" Tablet?
Hi guys,

This is my first time looking at getting a tablet. I didnt want to spend too much money and then I ran across this tablet:

Cube U18GT (Its not letting me link at the moment but I'll put up a link asap. Till then google it :P)

From reading up about tablets for the last 4-5 days, this seems to tick all my boxes. Even so, I am still wary as I could not find any detailed reviews for this product, although the Cube U30GT seems to be popular enough. Does anyone have any thoughts on this tablet?

Also, I have read that this will most likely not have the Facebook App as well as google talk and a couple of other stock apps as this is a chinese tablet. This is not too much of an issue but if it does become one (with other app restrictions), is it easy to flash the tablet with a custom firmware?

Any thoughts on this matter would be much appreciated!!

Thanks guys

18th September 2012, 06:08 AM |#202  
Sorry I made separate threat, here is my question.

I need to replace ma aged Milestone (OG Droid) and basically this two are the only choice I have (contract, gift etc)

I like the IP67 cert. on the GO and love the idea of dual core cpu, however I am worried about the screen res HVGA on 3.5", will I go blind from the pixel size? 165 ppi

I like the screen size on One V, the ICS and the unibody, but I am worried that it won't be much of an upgrade from my old phone (running at 1 Ghz on CM7). I was looking at some quadrant benchmarks and while it is faster, its not by much. However the 512mb ram would be a huge upgrade to me (milestone locked BL, no swap apps shutdown).

As far as I can tell, they both have decent 5mp cameras and shoot nice 720p videos.

Need advice.
18th September 2012, 12:29 PM |#203  
Flag bangalore
Thanks Meter: 0

More
go for Microsoft Surface its better..!!

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

GO For HTC one X . Samsung devices dont stay on in the market for long.
18th September 2012, 12:31 PM |#204  
Flag Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Tutorial HTC One X or Samsung Galaxy SIII?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoFox69

Hello Guys...

I'm going to buy one of these two "babies" and I would like your opinion.
I already know that Samsung has SD slot and HTC not, and that Samsung has an accessible battery.
But even so, in the global picture, what is the best choice?
I have an HTC Desire for over 2 years, and I like it a lot, and my first choice would be the One X, but I wold like the "expert" opinion.
I live in Portugal, and don't have access to test them live, so I need your help.

Thanks and be cool.
And congratulations to all on XDA, the best community in the world...

Any help, please...
18th September 2012, 03:00 PM |#205  
Flag Kaunas
Thanks Meter: 3

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by suraj beragu

go for Microsoft Surface its better..!!

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

GO For HTC one X . Samsung devices dont stay on in the market for long.

But there wont be a new galaxy s for maybe 6 months...

What about Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1? Will I be able to make calls and to text with it? (SMS)
18th September 2012, 07:24 PM |#206  
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 136

Donate to Me
More
Hey guys, I'm looking for a new phone. I want something with at least ICS, and a good amount of development going on for it. I don't want something with a locked bootloader. 4.3" screen or bigger, 4G probably. Has to be AT&T or unlockable to them. Maybe $300 or less.

sent from my captivate glide running ICS (NardROM 0.4 Rooted)
18th September 2012, 08:41 PM |#207  

More
Hello
If you are thinking beetween S3 or One x, Buy S3! Its awesome device, just looking at it says you what it is, so beautiful screen and only one thing i dont like-touchwiz. But flash a custom rom and problem solved
18th September 2012, 08:46 PM |#208  
Thanks Meter: 343

More
Which one will be better Motorola Defy plus or xperia play ?
18th September 2012, 09:01 PM |#209  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 290

More
wow dude the xperia play is really old (you mean that one certified by playstation, right? ) I would say the defy plus! It looks good, but never touched one, so not sure
18th September 2012, 10:18 PM |#210  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyXPERIAUser

If you are thinking beetween S3 or One x, Buy S3! Its awesome device, just looking at it says you what it is, so beautiful screen and only one thing i dont like-touchwiz. But flash a custom rom and problem solved

If the S3 has a beautiful screen to you I want to see your face when you see a slcd2 screen... Just pure amazing.

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium
19th September 2012, 09:15 AM |#211  

More
Hey!
I would like to hear your opinions on this one. Should I get a ZTE Grand X or a Sony Ericcson Arc S?
Thanks in advance!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
device, new device, new phone, phone, tablet, what to buy, what to choose

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)