FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

**What phone should I buy next?** -- Not sure what device to buy? Ask here!

14,560 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,271

By KidCarter93, Retired Forum Moderator on 21st August 2012, 11:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th January 2014, 01:27 PM |#5101  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
New mobile.. Mid range
Hey guys.. M from India. Suggest a mobile around INR 20K.
my priority are:
1. great battery life
2. good memory, ram and processor.
rest everything has to be comparatively decent.
M thinking of Lenovo p780 whose price is 18K INR.
Please give opinions and suggest other models.

13th January 2014, 07:02 PM |#5102  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
xperia z or galaxy s4
I'm going to buy a new phone which I will use for penetration testing with reaver, aircrack, backtrack etc.. I have two choises and they are "Xperia Z C6603" and "Samsung Galaxy S 4". According to what I read on this forum the wifi chipset of Xperia Z is not suitable for such things, is that real? And can I use wifi adapters with OTG cable with both phones? The price is almost the same so its not a big deal. Thanks
14th January 2014, 08:43 AM |#5103  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
XPERIA ZL v/s NEXUS4
Hey guys, I am from India and i want to buy to buy either nexus4 or xperia zl because both are in same price in India around 24000 ₹. So which one should i buy, plz suggest me.
14th January 2014, 11:09 AM |#5104  
Thanks Meter: 108

More
GUYS WHAT IS THE CURRENT PRICE FOR GALAXY S3 I9300 32GB????..

i searched on the net and most of the prices are not updated..

Sent from my Xperia Live with Walkman using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
14th January 2014, 11:53 AM |#5105  
Thanks Meter: 566

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooladityarai

Hey guys, I am from India and i want to buy to buy either nexus4 or xperia zl because both are in same price in India around 24000 ₹. So which one should i buy, plz suggest me.

I'd say the N4.
If you go for the ZL, be prepared to expect that 4.4 might be the last update it gets.
If you don't mind the limited storage, go for the N4.
So it's basically updates vs storage. Choose as per your priority. The N4 does lack some megapixels but I really don't think the difference is huge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvster

GUYS WHAT IS THE CURRENT PRICE FOR GALAXY S3 I9300 32GB????..

i searched on the net and most of the prices are not updated..

Which country?

SGS2. Still Going Strong!
14th January 2014, 04:41 PM |#5106  
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vj_dustin

I'd say the N4.
If you go for the ZL, be prepared to expect that 4.4 might be the last update it gets.
If you don't mind the limited storage, go for the N4.
So it's basically updates vs storage. Choose as per your priority. The N4 does lack some megapixels but I really don't think the difference is huge.

Which country?

SGS2. Still Going Strong!

What about in malaysia?

14th January 2014, 05:23 PM |#5107  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi, i need suggestions when buying a new phone. My budget is up to 180EUR (250USD). Im looking for maximum performance for the money and preferably a phone with dimensions up to 130x66x...(thickness doesnt matter), basicly a screen up to 4,5". For this small budget, I am currently looking at huawei honor 2 or the Moto G but dont know what to get. Happy to look into anything else, all recommendations are helpful
14th January 2014, 05:36 PM |#5108  
Thanks Meter: 566

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvster

What about in malaysia?

Did a bit Google search, seems it's around 1150-1250 Malaysian ringgits.
And since it is available for about INR 23000 here in India, it matches up to the current price.
The Following User Says Thank You to vj_dustin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vj_dustin Ad-Free
14th January 2014, 06:27 PM |#5109  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi all!!

Im looking for a new phone must be android and must be able to be rooted, decent size screen to play games on like gta, wifi and 3g, google app store, etc for under £50 any suggestions?
14th January 2014, 07:00 PM |#5110  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Kazam is in this price, but it's a weak phone. There's also Goclever quantum 4 in Poland for about 60£ (licensed Chinese phone, maybe someone know what's the name in other countries). It has got 480x800 4 inch screen, dual core 1.2 GHz processor, adreno 203 and 512 mb ram. Every game will work, but I can't say every game would work smooth. Price isn't from space - there's only 2 mp rear camera and 0.3 mp front.

Sent from my LG-E610 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Goclever quantum 4 has got Mali400MP2

Sent from my LG-E610 using xda app-developers app
14th January 2014, 07:37 PM |#5111  
Flag «ALO»
Thanks Meter: 56

More
So I currently have a Motorola RAZR M and I really like it, but there's just one problem. About a week after getting the phone, I saw that the LED was blinking green and the screen wouldn't turn on. I did a hard reset and it booted back up. Since, this problem has reoccurred much more frequent, almost every night. I've never had it lock up while in use (during the day), but when I get up and take it off the charger, there's a chance I'll find it in the locked up state. I've long voided the warranty and thought a custom recovery and ROM may eliminate this problem, but it hasn't :/

Thus I've decided it's the phone and I need a replacement. I've done a lot of independent research and narrowed it down to to either the Moto X or the Nexus 5. I really like the Moto X for the Active display notifications, touch less control, MotoMaker customization (I'm thinking bamboo back), and the Motorola Skip. The Nexus 5 though has a higher resolution screen, "pure" Android KitKat, and is much cheaper. This is where I'm having my dilemma. I'd like to have a phone without a contract and the ability to use Verizon CDMA and GSM (mainly AT&T) but if GMS is the only option, so be it. The reason I'd like Verszon is it's a bit better than AT&T in my area, but both have a good amount of coverage where I go. Any input would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
device, new device, new phone, phone, tablet, what to buy, what to choose

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)