Kernel flashing lines in cmd

Search This thread

iamsuperuser

Aug 15, 2011
Hyderabad
Xiaomi Poco F1
I was flashing rage kernel v2.6 on my st15i. The screenshot below has this S1 partID......... which i pointed out. Does this mean there is something wrong with my ST15i. I'm not new to flashing kernels and roms. Please clarify.

140euiv.png

dumraden

Feb 18, 2008
This is SPARTAAAA!!
Yes there is something wrong. That 179 counts the days that your device will eventually get bricked, it counts down to 0 then boom, you're officially ****ed.

Actually im just trolling :p No there is nothing wrong, its just the hex address of the specific block in which the boot image is written on the internal memory of the phone. :p

Reactions: iamsuperuser

iamsuperuser

Aug 15, 2011
Hyderabad
Xiaomi Poco F1
woof! I would have been runnin around the net if would not have read the last part. Thanks anyway.

So every time I flash a kernel different addresses are used OR a particular kernel uses only particular address ???

Someguyfromhell

Feb 2, 2012
woof! I would have been runnin around the net if would not have read the last part. Thanks anyway.

So every time I flash a kernel different addresses are used OR a particular kernel uses only particular address ???

Depends on kernel, but mostly should stay same addresses.
Don't worry, if it is different, nothing bad will happen.

dumraden

Feb 18, 2008
This is SPARTAAAA!!
I think its based upon the kernel. CM kernels might have a different address shown on there, Stock ones a different address and so on.

All these are speculations ofcourse, its what i make out of the lines. Its nothing to worry about :p

puppet13th

That address was absolute kernel blocks address.
0x00000148 - 0x00000179 = 32 blocks
1 block = 256KB
So kernel partition size :
32 x 256KB = 8192KB

Your device will doomed if you have alot of bad block.

Sent from my ST17i using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes there is something wrong. That 179 counts the days that your device will eventually get bricked, it counts down to 0 then boom, you're officially ****ed.

Actually im just trolling :p No there is nothing wrong, its just the hex address of the specific block in which the boot image is written on the internal memory of the phone. :p