keeping root with hc 3.1?

Search This thread

case0

Feb 5, 2010
Liking it so far, although some of the browser changes are a bit crap!

Last edited:

case0

Feb 5, 2010
Mine is really buggy.. the browser is messing up. Can't backspace, searching in addres bar doesn't work, sometimes keybboard goes full caps, and clicking post reply on this thread kept opening it in a new tab. Plus I don't have gmail widget. :(

If I wipe do a lose all my apps? I have the modified wm which doesn't wipe /data but I'm not sure..?

Gig11gs

Sep 13, 2010
Kuwait
Mine is really buggy.. the browser is messing up. Can't backspace, searching in addres bar doesn't work, sometimes keybboard goes full caps, and clicking post reply on this thread kept opening it in a new tab. Plus I don't have gmail widget. :(

If I wipe do a lose all my apps? I have the modified wm which doesn't wipe /data but I'm not sure..?

get titanium backup and back up all ur apps only! not system data and then go to CWM and do wipe/factory reset and the do wipe cache then go advance and wipe dalvik cache then install from zip from sd card and restart

rcm_rx7

Mar 14, 2008
just flashed the root version, thanks for that! Went pretty smooth. Just tried YouTube and it does work better, but I am noticing weird things in the browser.

case0

Feb 5, 2010
I think I'll look at it tomorrow, maybe there will be another rom out then, this one doesn't seem to like my tf lol.

Oh yeh and there's a new live wallpaper on there called holo spiral which is pretty nice.

And also, don't try to change the system ui.apk to get xoom style buttons because it really buggers things up, had to reflash the rom hehe

singlebyte

Oct 12, 2009
just wanted to say thanks!! Everything is working great. so far i dont see any problems.

Curtisbeef

May 14, 2010
If you lost your Gmail widget do this:

Copy Gmail.apk from /system/app to /sdcard.
Use TitaniumBackup to Uninstall Gmail
Reboot(might be optional)
Copy Gmail.apk from /sdcard to /system/apk
Click Gmail.apk to install it.

You should have the gmail widget now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://www.multiupload.com/175TGHLP8K

It only flashes boot.img and /system so you keep your CWM.

Only changes are that I added in root,insecure boot (for adb remount), and removed ASUS update notifications.

I've only tested this on my personal Transformer (US, Prime 1.3r2)

MD5: 19403eb6a9fe090f99d3f74112908409
    Working on putting something CWM flashable together. I'll post it if someone else doesn't get to it before I'm done.
    ok is there anywhere i can grab the 3.0.1 rom from? dont see it on asus site just usb drivers etc

Look here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1102445

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Should I flash back to stock kernel (currently on netformer) first?

Worth noting that Netformer will not work on the 3.1 update, even with root.
    and what's the point of your post? Obviously you don't read either. He has apologized and he stated he understand now what he need to do. All you internet tough guys need to quit *****ing and cluttering up threads.

And what is the point of yours? You are full of fail if you think:

"Yer right...i apologize...gawd, u try 2 not **** up something that u worked hard for a full week to get an order in, and some idiot just smashes u 4 it...n some other idiot praises that...! PISSED me right off!
    But yeah, I read ur post, thanks. I actually had read up on everything before, rooting, cwm, blobs, just that I was on 3.13 and all the guides are till 3.9, so wasn't totally sure. Thanks though, m gonna downgrade and try to root."

is an apology...Since the guy is too busy to read, I held his hand and gave him a link that explains everything for him, it has been on the front page for 2 days and has a very self explanitory title, not hard to find, just takes 'NOT' being lazy.