One V kernel sources available

Search This thread

mikeyd85

Dec 23, 2009
Leeds
Wonder why LorD ClockaN said there were no similarities between the One V and the DHD (and by extension the DS)... The man's a legend and these things must be right up his ready reckoner... so i don't know what to make of it....:confused:

Anyway, go Nexx, go!!!

He was sure that the ro.board.platform for the One V would be MSM8xxx. Simple error really.

mizerok

Feb 15, 2012
Kharkiv
Really good news guys! I've been waiting for this for 2 month) Now Nexx is working.. he said that it will take some time... and camera can be fixed...

P.S. Waiting for Primo-S(or another Sense 4 ROM) on Kernel 3!

Reactions: GGLDN

Bulkatos

Really good news guys! I've been waiting for this for 2 month) Now Nexx is working.. he said that it will take some time... and camera can be fixed...

Proxuser isn't a Kernel dev. He's a ROM porter (no shame!). For working sense kernel 3 we've to looking at virtuous team. Specialy mdj.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA

R

rasputyn

Wonder why LorD ClockaN said there were no similarities between the One V and the DHD (and by extension the DS)... The man's a legend and these things must be right up his ready reckoner... so i don't know what to make of it....:confused:

Anyway, go Nexx, go!!!

I suppose there is no real difference between 7230 and 8255. It's just cosmetic?

According to GSM Arena Desire S, HD and One V are all named as 8255. Only Desire Z is named as 7230 because it's underclocked.

Last edited:

zachs_xda

Feb 24, 2011
Melbourne

Anyway, go Nexx, go!!!

I think Lord's got One S confused with One V.

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

I suppose there is no real difference between 7230 and 8255. It's just cosmetic?

According to GSM Arena Desire S, HD and One V are all named as 8255. Only Desire Z is named as 7230 because it's underclocked.

No difference besides clock speed, but SoC and board platform are two distinct subjects. All those phones you mentioned have different boards.

Last edited:

palej

Mar 21, 2012
Kharkiv
As far I know, HTC already developed ICS update and deploy it by FOTA for Sensation and Incresible. Does they have another camera than Desire S? Maybe need combine One V kernel with drivers from Sensation?

mizerok

Feb 15, 2012
Kharkiv
As far I know, HTC already developed ICS update and deploy it by FOTA for Sensation and Incresible. Does they have another camera than Desire S? Maybe need combine One V kernel with drivers from Sensation?

No no) Sensation has another platform... but One V has the same as DS... so developers are working.. wait some time and we will see)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HTC One V kernel sources are out finally. It will hopefully solve our stability issues on ICS.

Don't expect camera to be fixed though....

Good Job HTC :D

Untitled.jpg
    Check the CM9 thread, good news :)

Nexx is working on it now!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium