[THEME-MOD][Color Theme Mod v1.5][CROMI 3.4.7][29/04/13]

Search This thread

pjc21

Mar 3, 2012
Melbourne
Are you considering any other battery icons? I really like the 1 you seen my screenshot of my phone.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda app-developers app

No, not for the moment. But any battery icons can be easily flashed using my ECBM (easy custom battery mod).

If you have any trouble using ECBM I am also happy to make a flashable zip with the icons you want, provided the creator of the icons is happy to share, just send me a link to icons and I'll upload the zip :)

Hello,
I just wanted to give some constructive feedback after deconstructing the UI. The circle battery mod displays the remaining battery % within its centre; however, when you bring up ASUS quick settings the remaining battery % is also displayed below the white circle battery icon, which is redundant, as the remaining battery % is already displayed inside the white circle battery mod. If it is possible to get rid of this redundancy it would make the theme feel more native, comprehensive, and complete.

Working on this but have not been fully successful yet, :confused: hopefully maybe by next version.

I also noticed that the colour of the pale white softkeys on the left of the status bar do not match the bright white clock/wifi/battery info on the right of the status bar. If it would be possible to make these the same colout it would also make the theme feel more native, comprehensive, and complete.

Yes, done for next version.

Just a quick question: I flashed the new mod today in yellow. The text inside the battery circle is white. Is that on intention? Just curious, I was using the white theme before.
BTW, yellow is amazing! ;).

Yes I left the text white so it would be easier to see, but can change it to match color if people would like better?

duckredbeard

Aug 21, 2010
Re: [THEME][MOD] Color Theme Mod v1.3 for CleanROM 3.4.1

No, not for the moment. But any battery icons can be easily flashed using my ECBM (easy custom battery mod).

I am also happy to make a flashable zip with the icons you want, provided the creator of the icons is happy to share, just send me a link to icons and I'll upload the zip :)

If I make a theme apk in the uot kitchen, where might I find said icons for extraction? Theming in the uot kitchen also provides options for boot animations, which I'd like to incorporate.

I'm Polish bred, Alabama educated, and government trained. Trust me. If I'm surviving, there's hope for you too!

pjc21

Mar 3, 2012
Melbourne
If I make a theme apk in the uot kitchen, where might I find said icons for extraction? Theming in the uot kitchen also provides options for boot animations, which I'd like to incorporate.

The icons can be found in one or more of the res/drawable-... folders, have a look in drawable-hdpi or drawable-mdpi.
You can also just post link to the apk and I can extract them for you.

Changing boot animation is easily done with a root enabled file explorer or I can make up a flashable boot animation changer zip, just need to make sure images are the correct size for the tablet.

Reactions: duckredbeard

duckredbeard

Aug 21, 2010

can't find those folders...do you know the full path? (HTC Vivid)

Ill try to make a uot theme and send you the link...or the file

duckredbeard

Aug 21, 2010

See what you can get out of this: http://db.tt/xomOHXzl

I'm Polish bred, Alabama educated, and government trained. Trust me. If I'm surviving, there's hope for you too!

duckredbeard

Aug 21, 2010

This theme is still compatible with 3.4.1 and 3.4.2 although it will revert you back to 3.4.1 system files if flashed

This theme was made usingvthe framework-Res from my HTC Vivid. It is the current theme for my phone. Not likely to be fully compatible with the tf700

duckredbeard

Aug 21, 2010

Sorry...I was referring to the uot theme I was trying to use for a battery mod.

Tylorw1

Feb 10, 2013
Ohio
tylorhost.me

I upgraded to 3.4.2 and then reinstalled the color theme mod but am not having any issues? When the themes become updated to 3.4.2 reflashing should replace the system files to the updated correct? As I said no problem so I am not to worries and it running spendid!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Thanks Man :D

Donated some to you to :good:

Thanks for the Awesome CROMI and all the time and effort you put into it. Best Rom out there :highfive:
Also thanks for all the support and testing with CTM

Thanks

Paul.

Lol didn't realise that was you! Should have looked closer! Thanks for the donation! We just traded some goods. :good: :D :laugh:

spidasense

Feb 19, 2013
Re: [THEME][MOD] Color Theme Mod v1.4 for CleanROM 3.4.4

sd! anyway to change the color of the actual status bar?

spidasense

Reactions: snypa

spidasense

Feb 19, 2013

well im sure if sd would decide to do something like that it would be for the colors that are out with the mod right now, I dont think it owuld have to be one color. but hey there you go sd, duck would like a grey status bar, and that may even be a good idea since it would go with any other color

spidasense

pjc21

Mar 3, 2012
Melbourne
I would like to add status bar color options to mod but have not yet tried but think it would involve changing a color value in one of the xml files in SystemUI.apk and this is where I hit a crossroad. (if it turns out to be xml in framework-res then ignore below)

The way CTM works at the moment is the only complete apk replaced with color theme is the framework-res.apk as there are xml modifications related to color theme in here.

The SystemUI.apk that is replaced is not themed but used as a base for the system type you want, ie 4 options, stock, stock no text, no notification, no notification no text. Then themed images are patched into that apk, this way I only need 8 systemUI.apk's for the 4 options in both deodex & odex.

I have not found a way to patch just the modified xml files into the existing apk yet without error :confused:.
I have read that apps like metamorph can do this and would like to be able to do this with mod so as not to need to replace the complete apk.

So at the monent I could have different colored status bars as part of theme mod but would then need to have 8 systemui.apk files for each color to kept all 4 system type options which would add about 200mb to the mod or I could change it from black to 1 other color like duckredbeard suggested which would not increase the no# of systemui.apk's or size.
I can try look at how metamorph does this and maybe apply to mod?

If anyone knows of a way/script that can patch xml's in existing apk please let me know and I'll add to mod.

If people are happy with large file size could go that way?
or could make flashable zips for more options?

Suggestions.:D

timberwolf671

Jun 11, 2009

I would like to add status bar color options to mod but have not yet tried but think it would involve changing a color value in one of the xml files in SystemUI.apk and this is where I hit a crossroad. (if it turns out to be xml in framework-res then ignore below)

The way CTM works at the moment is the only complete apk replaced with color theme is the framework-res.apk as there are xml modifications related to color theme in here.

The SystemUI.apk that is replaced is not themed but used as a base for the system type you want, ie 4 options, stock, stock no text, no notification, no notification no text. Then themed images are patched into that apk, this way I only need 8 systemUI.apk's for the 4 options in both deodex & odex.

I have not found a way to patch just the modified xml files into the existing apk yet without error :confused:.
I have read that apps like metamorph can do this and would like to be able to do this with mod so as not to need to replace the complete apk.

So at the monent I could have different colored status bars as part of theme mod but would then need to have 8 systemui.apk files for each color to kept all 4 system type options which would add about 200mb to the mod or I could change it from black to 1 other color like duckredbeard suggested which would not increase the no# of systemui.apk's or size.
I can try look at how metamorph does this and maybe apply to mod?

If anyone knows of a way/script that can patch xml's in existing apk please let me know and I'll add to mod.

If people are happy with large file size could go that way?
or could make flashable zips for more options?

Suggestions.:D

Search XDA for VR theming. It is a way to patch xml's and images into an apk without disturbing the signature. I have not tried it for the table but it works very well for phones. It's also a way to cut down the size of files. Instead of having a complete systemui.apk for each battery mod. You can inject just the battery icons into the apk.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Color Theme Mod v1.5
    For CleanROM Inheritance 3.4.7 (DEODEX/ODEX)

Screenshots:
    Screenshot_2013-02-05-12-26-18.jpgScreenshot_2013-02-05-12-27-44.jpgScreenshot_2013-02-05-13-05-07.jpgScreenshot_2013-02-05-13-05-30.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-09-21-11-11.jpgScreenshot_2013-02-09-21-11-44.jpgScreenshot_2013-02-18-13-49-54.jpgScreenshot_2013-02-18-13-50-21.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-18-13-53-28.jpgScreenshot_2013-02-18-13-53-42.jpgScreenshot_2013-02-18-14-00-21.jpgScreenshot_2013-02-18-14-00-36.jpg

Requirements:
    1. Must have Root
    2. Custom Recovery Installed (TWRP or CWM)
    3. CleanRom Inheritance 3.4.7

Files affected:
    • framework-res.apk
    • Browser.apk
    • Settings.apk
    • SystemUI.apk
    • TaskManager.apk
    • Transformer.apk
    • Stock Launcher (optional)
    • JB Launcher (optional)

Instructions:
    Download the zip and copy to internal or external memory, boot into recovery & install mod zip. Enjoy.

Aroma Install Options:

Rom Version:
    • DEODEX
    • ODEX

Themes options :
    • Blue
    • Green
    • Orange
    • Purple
    • Red
    • White
    • Yellow Gold

Softkey options: (colored to your theme of choice)
    • Stock Android Softkeys
    • Stock Asus Softkeys

Softkey Color: (choose softkey color)
    • Blue
    • Green
    • Orange
    • Purple
    • Red
    • White
    • Yellow

Launcher options: (colored to your theme of choice)
    • Stock Launcher
    • JB Launcher
    • Stock Launcher – Keep Layout (ONLY IF STOCK IS YOUR CURRENT LAUNCHER)
    • JB Launcher – Keep Layout (ONLY IF JB IS YOUR CURRENT LAUNCHER)
    • Skip Launchers

System Type: (Remove Notifications & Battery % text)
    • Stock
    • Stock - No Battery Text
    • No Notifications
    • No Notifications - No Battery Text
    • Skip (If your installing CTM after a custom systemui flash)

System Bar Color: (choose system/status bar color)
    • Blue
    • Green
    • Orange
    • Purple
    • Red
    • Yellow
    • Grey
    • Black
    • Skip (If your installing CTM after a custom systemui flash)

Battery Mods: (Skip to kept stock look battery)
    • Blue Circle
    • Green Circle
    • Orange Circle
    • Purple Circle
    • Red Circle
    • White Circle
    • Yellow Circle
    • Colored Circle
    • Blue Sphere
    • Skip

Mouse Color: (skip will kept chosen theme color)
    • Blue
    • Green
    • Orange
    • Purple
    • Red
    • White
    • Yellow
    • Black
    • Skip

sdbags – for his Awesome Rom, how to odex apk files & testing.
    timberwolf671 – for help with how to compile systemUI & testing.
    Goddly – for testing.
    elesbb - for No SD & No Dock Notification Mods and help with SystemUI f/c issues & testing.

Change Log:
    29/03/13 v1.5
    • Updated for CROMI 3.4.7
    • Added options to select softkey style & color
    • Added options to select System/status bar color
    • Added theme color to Transformer charge icons

03/03/13 v1.4
    • Updated for CROMI 3.4.4
    • Added option to remove battery % text under battery icons on notification menu
    • Added highlights to softkeys
    • Updated white theme softkey color

26/02/13 v1.3
    • Updated for CROMI 3.4.1
    • Added Softkey options (Android or Asus)
    • Modified Transformer.apk to fix f/c issue with 1% batteries for dock.

19/02/13 v1.2
    • Rewrite of updater-script (changed the way it themes some of the apk)
    • Added Stock Purple Theme
    • Added Stock Yellow Gold Theme
    • Added Stock White Theme
    • Added 1% Battery Mods for dock & tablet
    • Added option to change mouse color
    • Added more colored images in themes (home, recent, back etc)

10/02/13 v1.1
    • OXED Compatible
    • Added Stock Red Theme

06/02/13
    • Initial release v1.0

Download Link
    CTM v1.5 for CROMI 3.4.6-7

Bugs:
    • No know bugs, please let me know if you find any.

Will also make requested system/status bar colors as flashable zip files.

Hit thanks if you like my mod.
    Updated CTM v1.4 for CROMI 3.4.4

Updated CTM v1.4 for CROMI 3.4.4

Changelog:
    • Updated for CROMI 3.4.4
    • Added option to remove battery % text under battery icons on notification menu
    • Added highlights to softkeys
    • Updated white theme softkey color
    Screenshots of v1.2

Here are some screenshots of v1.2, download link should be up by tomorrow.
    Also now posted Easy Custom Battery Mod

Change log v1.2
    - Rewrite of updater-script (changed the way it themes some of the apk's)
    - Added Stock Purple Theme
    - Added Stock Yellow Gold Theme
    - Added Stock White Theme
    - Added 1% Battery Mods for dock & tablet
    - Added option to change mouse color
    - Added more colored images in themes (home, recent, back etc)
    ODEX Update v1.1

Finished uploading Update v1.1
    • ODEX Compatible
    • Stock Red Theme
    Screenshot_2013-02-09-21-11-11.jpg
    Update v1.3 for CROMI 3.4.1

Updated CTM v1.3 for CROMI 3.4.1

• Updated for CROMI 3.4.1
    • Added Softkey options (Android or Asus)
    • Modified Transformer.apk to fix f/c issue with 1% batteries for dock.