[ROM][Unofficial/Experimental][Android 4.3] CyanogenMod 10.2 for SGS4A (int'l)

Search This thread

LeJay

Apr 5, 2011
I've just built this rom using the above described method, and got my prop files from the supplied github link. Copied them into where they are supposed to go (I think, it confused me). Anyway, everything appears to be working except I don't see any camera preview. I've obviously ballsed something up. :silly:

You're supposed to use the extractfiles shell script (in device/samsung/jactiveltexx) in order to copy the files. I'm not sure I understand what you did. The rom is also,up, so you can download that

Last edited:
Reactions: msmall22

snadge

Dec 10, 2009
You're supposed to use the extractfiles shell script (in device/samsung/jactiveltexx) in order to copy the files. I'm not sure I understand what you did. The rom is also,up, so you can download that

I tried copying the files from the github link provided in the OP. I wasn't exactly sure of the structure or where to put those files. Usually they go into vendor/samsung. Anyway, I flashed your build 10.2 rom, camera worked on that. Ran extract files, rebuilt the rom, and now it appears to be working. :) So I must've had a derp moment when copying the files into vendor/samsung, or simply copied the wrong ones. No matter.

Last edited:

LeJay

Apr 5, 2011
I tried copying the files from github link to the proprietary files provided in the OP. I wasn't exactly sure of the structure or where to put those files. Usually they go into vendor/samsung. Anyway, I flashed your build 10.2 rom, camera worked on that. Ran extract files, rebuilt the rom, and now it appears to be working. :) So I must've had a derp moment when copying the files into vendor/samsung, or simply copied the wrong ones. No matter.

I have a different issue with SU and Titanium Backup Pro failing to restore apps. Chainfire's SuperSU is supposed to fix the problem, but I'm having troubles installing that.

You can't just manually copy the files into vendor. The extract files script builds makefiles as well as copying them.

I do see a lot of reports on issues with Titan and cm10.2. I don't use Titan so I can't test myself, but did you try:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=44706885

I don't think there's any reason to install supersu on cyanogenmod, unless someone specifically suggested it as a solution.

Reactions: snadge and aquarat

skimboynemo

Sep 5, 2009
Adelaide
Is this a working ROM now?

Sent from my GT-I9295 using XDA Premium HD app

its great rom since CM has not released their official yet, thanks for the hard work.

just flashed and everything seems working fine, has not tried the HDR or other fun in the Camera set, but normal shoot works brilliant, I will try out few days then will update more thoughts.

again, thanks alot for this rom.

re

T

Reactions: eggpresso

colida

Jul 22, 2006
Just a quick question. The IR Sensor isn't mentioned, so I assume it is working properly?

Big thanks to the developer!

Cheers

Edit:

Just found out, that you can use Samsungs "Watch On" App. Should work, but I did not try it yet.

Last edited:

LeJay

Apr 5, 2011
Just a quick question. The IR Sensor isn't mentioned, so I assume it is working properly?

Big thanks to the developer!

Cheers

Edit:

Just found out, that you can use Samsungs "Watch On" App. Should work, but I did not try it yet.

If the hardware is the same as in SGS4, it should work. At least in theory :). I haven't tested though.

Camera HDR does not work and it will crash the camera app. A 3rd party camera app, such as CameraMX will probably give a better experience for the time being.

Last edited:
Reactions: fschmidteu

aquarat

Nov 18, 2007
This ROM is amazing LeJay! It's actually usable :D . I tried it today and my battery disappeared really quickly(12 hours)... but I think it's because I was doing speed tests on LTE the whole time :p (LTE and the CPU were the major reasons I got the phone over my Nexus 4).

snadge

Dec 10, 2009
Just a heads up everyone. I don't want to steal LeJay's thunder, but the next build may or may not include a fix for the low quality video camera preview. ;)

Make sure you guys click "Thanks" on the OP, and whenever someone posts something that you personally find useful/informative. :good:

Reactions: msmall22

msmall22

Nov 24, 2009
Is there a way to speed up the Wi-Fi connection? It's the only thing that seems slower than stock. Great work!

Sent from my GT-I9295 using XDA Premium HD app

LeJay

Apr 5, 2011
Just a heads up everyone. I don't want to steal LeJay's thunder, but the next build may or may not include a fix for the low quality video camera preview. ;)

Make sure you guys click "Thanks" on the OP, and whenever someone posts something that you personally find useful/informative. :good:

Hah... I really don't mean this as stealing my thunder back, but I think I solved that. Don't know if you've solved it a different way?

Also, by removing ZSL you can make hdr mode slightly more stable. Though, I think the problem is deeper. Look at logcat and /proc/kmsg when the camera app is open. It's a mess. I'd love to talk to someone from sgs4 development team.

Last edited:

snadge

Dec 10, 2009
Hah... I really don't mean this as stealing my thunder back, but I committed that two days ago. Don't know if you've solved it a different way?

Also, by removing ZSL you can make hdr mode slightly more stable. Though, I think the problem is deeper. Look at logcat and /proc/kmsg when the camera app is open. It's a mess. I'd love to talk to someone from sgs4 development team.

No, I had only just noticed your patch when I synced, but saw that the build hadn't been updated, and that it hadn't been noticed or mentioned yet.

I haven't ever played with HDR before, so I don't think it's something I'm really going to be all that bothered about. If that's the only issue of great concern. Happy days. :laugh:

I have noticed that the lowest volume setting for the loudspeaker, is actually quite loud. Turning the volume up above that, makes it louder again, and at the highest levels, it's quite distorted. I wonder if there's a gain setting somewhere that can be adjusted, or if that's just normal.

LeJay

Apr 5, 2011
No, I had only just noticed your patch when I synced, but saw that the build hadn't been updated, and that it hadn't been noticed or mentioned yet.

I haven't ever played with HDR before, so I don't think it's something I'm really going to be all that bothered about. If that's the only issue of great concern. Happy days. :laugh:

I have noticed that the lowest volume setting for the loudspeaker, is actually quite loud. Turning the volume up above that, makes it louder again, and at the highest levels, it's quite distorted. I wonder if there's a gain setting somewhere that can be adjusted, or if that's just normal.

No, I hadn't mentioned it. Sorry if you spend time coming up with same solution. I, for one, have certainly spend way more time on this stuff than I should :).

I'm really just learning on the fly, so i don't know how volume is adjusted, but I'd guess it's similar display brightness that's controlled by device a file:

# echo 0 > /sys/devices/platform/mipi_samsung_full_hd.2305/lcd/panel/backlight

turns backlight to lowest setting. It's probably some user space setting(i.e. not the kernel) how volume is adjusted.

Edit: It could be some of the audio blobs. They are still taken directly from SGS4:
# Audio
lib/libacdbloader.so
lib/libaudcal.so
lib/libcsd-client.so

Last edited:

mrvovven

Feb 25, 2010
LTE data problem

I am now using CyanogenMod 10.2 - 20130910 rom.

It's running nice, but i have one problem. When I'm connected with LTE my mobile data is not working. It looks like it only works wit 2G.

*edit*

I solved the problem, looks like it was a problem with the network operators OTA config.

If you are user the Swedish operator Tele2/Comviq you need to manually enter the APN: 4g.tele2.se to get LTE data to work. The default internet.tele2.se was not working for me with LTE.

Last edited:

dest4b

Oct 11, 2011
On my 9295 it works without problems..
only the light sensor seems to be a bit confused.
Also i did not tried the HDR function.

puh im away from touch wizz ;)

Reactions: Tazzmanien

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    -------------------------Warning!-------------------------------------

This ROM is for SGS4A (int'l) ONLY. Does not work on SGS4 from AT&T as it has a locked bootloader.
    Please refer to this thread for a bounty on the bootloader.

-------------------------Please note---------------------------------

This is an experimental build of CyanogenMod 10.2 running Android 4.3.
    Meaning there's a couple of known issues with the camera. It is my hope these will be sorted out over time.
    If anyone has any interest in helping out, please PM me. Or simply fork the code if you want.

-------------------------Instructions---------------------------------

1. Install CWM recovery from here.
    2. Download most recent ROM from here.
    3. Download most recent Google Applications for Android 4.3 from here.
    4. Boot into recovery by holding the Volume Up button as the phone is booting.
    5. Back up your current ROM inside CWM recovery.
    6. Flash CyanogenMod ROM to your device using CWM recovery.
    7. Flash Google Applications to your device using CWM recovery.
    8. Do a wipe data/factory reset from within CWM recovery.
    9. Reboot system

---------------------------Known issues-----------------------------

1. Several camera functions such as HDR don't work.

---------------------------Build from source------------------------

Please consult this guide for setting up CyanogenMod for compile.
    Please use
    Code:
    repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b cm-10.2
    when you initialize the CyanogenMod repository so you get the source for CM-10.2.
    Download roomservice.xml (see below) and put in ~/android/system/.repo/local_manifests/.
    Run 'repo sync' and compile with 'brunch jactiveltexx'. You can get the proprietary files from the ROM.

As always, I take no responsibility in case your phone blows up.

And thanks to the CM team for all their hard work.
    Downloads

---------------------------CM-10.2 ROM (Android 4.3) -------------------

---------------------------cm-10.2-20130917-----------------------------------
    CyanogenMod 10.2 - 20130917
    CyanogenMod 10.2 - 20130917 (mirror - thanks to mrvovven)
    ---------------------------cm-10.2-20130910-----------------------------------
    CyanogenMod 10.2 - 20130910
    CyanogenMod 10.2 - 20130910 (mirror - thanks to mrvovven)

---------------------------CM-10.1 ROM (Android 4.2.2) ----------------

CyanogenMod 10.1 - 20130810

----------------------------Google apps -------------------------------

Download the official Google apps. Need to download this in order to have apps like Google Play.

For CM-10.1 choose Android 4.2 apps.

For CM-10.2 choose Android 4.3 apps.

http://goo.im/gapps

------------------------------------- KERNELS ---------------------------------

- SGS4A android 4.2.2 kernel for CM10.1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oo1hr2n6evp3zu9/sgs4a-cm10-1kernel.zip
    ----------------------- Changelog--------------------
    -------CyanogenMod 10.2 - 20130917----------
    - Fixed video preview resolution
    - Disabled zsl for slightly more stable camera app.

-------CyanogenMod 10.2 - 20130910----------
    - Updated kernel to most recent version of cm-10.2 for SGS4.
    - Replaced all sensor drivers with SGS4A kernel sources.
    - Replaced several camera blobs in /system/lib/* with SGS4A versions enabling basic camera functionality.

-------CyanogenMod 10.1 - 20130810----------
    Initial build.
    hello

anyone tried this out ?

feedbacks ?

thanks in advance :D

This is not something you should install unless you want to be compiling and debugging yourself. It's far from usable as day to day rom. I hope I'm clear on that.
    LeJay - Does in call audio work for you in your 10.2 build? I had a very brief poke around with it before I flashed back to 10.1. There are a few minor differences in audio_policy.conf, but I didn't have a chance to try to look into it further. I remember seeing a kernel or logcat message which said something like alsa cannot open capture device. Given that most of the dev focus is on 10.2 at the moment, it seems logical to me try to get the camera working with that. Does CAF have any updated kernel or camera stuff that could be of any use?

I don't know.. I'm back to 10.1 and focusing on the camera. I prefer having one problem solved before I find more :).

EDIT: speaking of which, I just got it working. Well, I can take pictures anyway. Video and other stuff to come. Feel like an idiot for taking this long.