[Q] KFHD 8.9 on CM 10.1 want to update to CM 11

Search This thread

Stovall89

Dec 2, 2013
North Platte
Okay i've removed the fire OS off my kindle and am running cyanogenmod 10.1, but would like to update to cyanogenmod 11 kitkat. But everytime I try to flash the rom through TWRP 2.6.0.0 I get a failed error. I understand it's recommended to use the most updated version of TWRP(2.6.3.1) but I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO UPDATE TO THAT VERSION now that I've erased the original OS and am running strictly android OS! (after I successfully erased the fire OS I deleted all the files i downloaded to save space) So now I can't remember how to get my device into bootloader mode to enable fastboot to install the updated version of TWRP.

BUT MY REAL QUESTION is do I even need an updated version of TWRP to move from CM 10 to CM 11???? My drivers are all correct for my current version and can add and move files fine through the USB connection it just fails every time I try to install CM 11.

I am performing a factory reset wipe before I attempt to flash the new ROM, but is there something else I'm missing or is the only way to flash CM 11 with TWRP 2.6.3.1?

Any help I can get on this is appreciated, I've searched for a hot minute and have found some posts saying updated versions of TWRP are preferred but nothing explaining how to install an updated version of TWRP after fire OS has been deleted. I'm sure it's something small and stupid I've been overlooking but after several hours I just need a fresh pair of eyes for help. Please and thank you to all that respond.

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Simple really, download the twrp zip from here, and flash it from in twrp, and I believed after reading the changelog yes you will need it because it has full selinux support and I don't believe your version does, selinux is used on cm11.

Edit: also should mention after flashing the new recovery zip file to reboot the device into recovery again to load the new recovery up.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: Stovall89

Stovall89

Dec 2, 2013
North Platte
you're a gentleman and a scholar!

Simple really, download the twrp zip from here, and flash it from in twrp, and I believed after reading the changelog yes you will need it because it has full selinux support and I don't believe your version does, selinux is used on cm11.

Edit: also should mention after flashing the new recovery zip file to reboot the device into recovery again to load the new recovery up.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app

Ha I can't believe it was that simple, here I thought I had to re-run ADB and SDK on a previous version to make everything communicate but all I had to do was install the update through the current version. Thank you, I am currently running the set up on CM 11, you deserve a vacation, or at least a cuddle.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.