[RECOVERY] Unofficial ClockworkMod v6.0.4.8 for m8vzw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
Weird. Mine are in /data/media/clockworkmod

Do you need root to view???

I have s-off, this recover, i then did a backup with recovery took about 8min, reboot system. Now before i flashed the supersu.zip to have perm root i wanted to make sure my backup was of a non rooted device. I went to try and copy and paste the backup to my laptop and can't find it anywhere! I'm using the file explorer on the laptop via usb correct? In emulated / 0/ storage data folder has nothing. Clockworkmod folder is there and empty. Where is this backup?

wonkizzle

Feb 12, 2010
After reboot to bootloader, I get

C:\Adb>fastboot flash recovery cwm_v6.0.4.7_m8vzw.img
error: cannot open 'cwm_v6.0.4.7_m8vzw.img'

Any ideas? The top says S-OFF and unlocked, not sure what to do from here. I verified the md5sum, it checks out.

EDIT: Noob mistake. I was putting it on the root of the M8, not the ADB folder. Carry on.

Last edited:

kremer4

Feb 6, 2010
Download again looks like a corrupt file

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

replica9000

May 31, 2009

Any ideas? The top says S-OFF and unlocked, not sure what to do from here. I verified the md5sum, it checks out.

The path to the file is probably incorrect.

Tomsgt

Do you need root to view???

I have s-off, this recover, i then did a backup with recovery took about 8min, reboot system. Now before i flashed the supersu.zip to have perm root i wanted to make sure my backup was of a non rooted device. I went to try and copy and paste the backup to my laptop and can't find it anywhere! I'm using the file explorer on the laptop via usb correct? In emulated / 0/ storage data folder has nothing. Clockworkmod folder is there and empty. Where is this backup?

check for backup in data/media/clockworkmod

Tomsgt

You r not understanding. If you are looking at anywhere labeled storage emulated or elsewhere your not going to see it.. navigate to ROOT click /DATA then click /MEDIA then CLOCKWORKMOD
What this
This: http://youtu.be/QDFSSC3R1vc
sent from:)::§:::)

yeah thats it. This recovery only backs up to internal sdcard at /data/media/clockworkmod/backups

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
OP updated

Now you can read the text without squinting =)

http://invisiblek.org/m8/cwm_v6.0.4.7_m8vzw-2.img

Thank you but after installing, then open recovery via fastboot screen on device after install, all looked good and improved font size. Then i select reboot system and got a message saying root might not be installed correctly or something like this. Asked me to then if i wanted to fix root or not, i selected yes fix root then it rebooted.

Is this an issue? I have s-off, already flashed supersu.zip on your first recovery, verified root with root checker and some rooted apps working, then just flashed this recovery over the original recovery.

Thank you but after installing, then open recovery via fastboot screen on device after install, all looked good and improved font size. Then i select reboot system and got a message saying root might not be installed correctly or something like this. Asked me to then if i wanted to fix root or not, i selected yes fix root then it rebooted.

Is this an issue? I have s-off, already flashed supersu.zip on your first recovery, verified root with root checker and some rooted apps working, then just flashed this recovery over the original recovery.

That's normal. Cwm tends to do that. Don't remember twrp much..

Sent from my VK810 4G using XDA Premium HD app

JelloB

Jul 12, 2010

EDIT: Noob mistake. I was putting it on the root of the M8, not the ADB folder. Carry on.

Where exactly do we put the image?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now that s-off has been released, here's a working ClockworkMod for the Verizon M8.

Pre-Requisites:
    - s-off (I'm sure you can use the search button and figure out how to do this)
    - fastboot and adb binaries (I'm sure you can use the search button and figure out how to do this)
    - download this: http://d-h.st/aXs (md5sum: 725cafdc16a6a50e760d3161c70c5fa2 )

Boot into fastboot mode:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

Install the img downloaded from above:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery cwm_v6.0.4.8_m8vzw-3.img

You may then either boot back into your rom using: fastboot reboot
    or
    Use the menu in the bootloader to reboot or (via the HBOOT menu) reboot into recovery
    48213118.jpg

Really just a joke but thanks!
    OP updated

Now you can read the text without squinting =)

http://invisiblek.org/m8/cwm_v6.0.4.7_m8vzw-2.img
    OP updated, new version out
    - external sdcard working
    - swipey controls on
    - key repeating on
    Not working for me....just boots back to bootloader.

sorry about that, re-download, double-check the md5sum and you should be good