[Q] Root Questions

Search This thread

kamikazepyro9

Apr 8, 2014
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but anyways-

This is my first root project!

I want to root my VZW Note 3. However- I don't want to lose the samsung S-Pen software and features (would defeat the point of the s-pen) I would however like to be able to add more apps to the multi-windows panel as well as add the Note 2 s-pen feature of the "shape shortcuts". I also want to get rid of a bunch of samsungs bloatware.

Any ideas an how/where to go about this?

rndchef

Jun 4, 2009
Los Angeles, CA

I want to root my VZW Note 3. However- I don't want to lose the samsung S-Pen software and features (would defeat the point of the s-pen) I would however like to be able to add more apps to the multi-windows panel as well as add the Note 2 s-pen feature of the "shape shortcuts". I also want to get rid of a bunch of samsungs bloatware.

Do lots of reading on the link above. Kingo is a bit of a pain and I had to use an older version to finally get root. If this is your first root then read, read and read some more. Read how other people have bricked, or thought they bricked, their device and the suggestions people offered. Watch videos and follow carefully. I rooted the GN3 in the first hour I owned it and love the rom I am on. You will find the SPen functional in all roms that I have tried. BajaRom is my daily driver but they are all good. Have fun.

Novakingwai

Mar 10, 2013

If you root you won't lose any features. The only thing root does is give you 100% access to do anything to your device. You can install and uninstall any apps you want.

Mabye you are confusing this with installing a custom ROM? A custom ROM is something someone created to override your particular operating system. Each one has it's own features, and comes with preset applications. Right now all the ROM's for the Note 3 have S-pen features enabled. You won't lose any functionality. There's tons of advantages a ROM will give you over just simply rooting. They often have all bloatware removed and have battery, GPS, or Wi-Fi tweaks.

jbombs16

Dec 13, 2009
Get the latest kingo on their Facebook page. Works for MJE

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Sam Sung

Get the latest kingo on their Facebook page. Works for MJE

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I see that 1.2.2 came out just a few days ago. And it works for MJE on Verizon Note 3?

If so, what differences exist between 1.1.5.x (or 1.1.6x, both versions previously the latest version that worked with VN3/MJE) and 1.2.2?

Last edited:

kamikazepyro9

Apr 8, 2014
Thanks All! Looks like I have a lot to research and learn before I attempt! Will post an update once I have achieved it.

Novakingwai

Mar 10, 2013
It's really easy kamikazepyro. It should only take you a few hours of reading to be root ready. Get to it!