ART>Dalvik

Search This thread

TheBananaz

May 19, 2014
I've you've never used ART runtime, you should try it. I'm using it on the latest CM11 nightly, and it sure does make a huge difference, especially in returning to the homepage and switching between apps. To do this, go to Developer Options>Select Runtime. Just thought I'd share this with anyone that wanted to try ART but was worried about stability problems.

Reactions: alvareo

Wistake

May 9, 2014
leiria
Im using Art aswell, but I have no root,
the battery life has increased a lot
for now all apps that I have, run perfectly

andromobilogy

Dec 2, 2013
Am using ART since a few months now on Stock Rom of Moto G and can tell there is a light difference in better performance.

vkk178

Feb 6, 2012
Bangalore
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
ART is still under development. And real world performance is not very different ATM. AFAIK optimized dalvik may be faster ATM . Hopefully next release 4.4.3 will have more bug fixes and optimizations and faster ART as well .

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

Reactions: diecast

diecast

Nov 4, 2012
Sony Xperia XZ1
Guys i got my phone with dalvik ofc then switched to art and then i turned back to dalvik is it okay to go again Art?

Στάλθηκε από το XT1032 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

motogmoko

Mar 16, 2014
I have enabled art before but im trying it again now and i cant seem to enable it. After the restart it didnt perform the "conversion" where in it converting all the apps. After the restart mine just look like a regular restart. And stays on dalvik. Does having a custom recovery affect it? I just installed twrp weeks ago.

cesc1972

Feb 10, 2011
I have enabled art before but im trying it again now and i cant seem to enable it. After the restart it didnt perform the "conversion" where in it converting all the apps. After the restart mine just look like a regular restart. And stays on dalvik. Does having a custom recovery affect it? I just installed twrp weeks ago.

Do you use xposed?

motogmoko

Mar 16, 2014
Oh yeah. Im using xposed. I forgot, ive read somewhere xposed is not compatible with art, right?

asdgonzalez

Jun 15, 2012
By my side, i was not so comfortable with ART. Had lags switching between menus, and when an app was intalled from play it freezed. That never happens with dalvik

TheBananaz

May 19, 2014
Personally I've had no problems with ART, and noticeably better performance. So much so that I tried out xposed, but deleted it because I wanted the performance of ART

MufcTK

Feb 27, 2012
I dont see the difference between ART and Dalvik but then again i just got the phone a few hours ago and switched to ART in an hour.

Sent from my GT-S7562 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've you've never used ART runtime, you should try it. I'm using it on the latest CM11 nightly, and it sure does make a huge difference, especially in returning to the homepage and switching between apps. To do this, go to Developer Options>Select Runtime. Just thought I'd share this with anyone that wanted to try ART but was worried about stability problems.
    ART is still under development. And real world performance is not very different ATM. AFAIK optimized dalvik may be faster ATM . Hopefully next release 4.4.3 will have more bug fixes and optimizations and faster ART as well .

Why should I use ART if some of my Apps do not work?

However, yes, it works much better