LG G2/Mahdi Rom : Rooted, TWRP installed and..."failed to flash"

Search This thread

accelahpp8

Aug 4, 2012
Hello all ! :)

I'm not new in the custom ROM environment because I've already flashed my Xperia Arc with tons of differents ROM's. Of course I'm not a flashing expert and this is why I'm here today...

I have a new LG G2 and I would like to flash it with Mahdi Rom. This is what is already done :

- Rooted with IOroot25 -> all is OK because I checked with "Root Checker" and it says OK
- Install TWRP -> all is OK because I performed a backup of my current configuration with it
- Flash Mahdi Rom -> when I select the .zip to flash, I get a message :

- Unable to open mahdirom.zip
- Updating partitions...

I know there is a new problem with Android 4.4.2 about files permissions. So I installed "SD Fix" to solve this problem. I've also try to dowload another archive with the same result.

I have 2 questions now :

- How can I manage to successfully flash my device ?
- Is it normal that I can't directly transfert the .zip file to the internal memory ? I have to put the .zip into a directory and then transfert the directory.

Thank you for your help ! :good:

simon_lefisch

Dec 8, 2010
Hello all ! :)

I'm not new in the custom ROM environment because I've already flashed my Xperia Arc with tons of differents ROM's. Of course I'm not a flashing expert and this is why I'm here today...

I have a new LG G2 and I would like to flash it with Mahdi Rom. This is what is already done :

- Rooted with IOroot25 -> all is OK because I checked with "Root Checker" and it says OK
- Install TWRP -> all is OK because I performed a backup of my current configuration with it
- Flash Mahdi Rom -> when I select the .zip to flash, I get a message :

- Unable to open mahdirom.zip
- Updating partitions...

I know there is a new problem with Android 4.4.2 about files permissions. So I installed "SD Fix" to solve this problem. I've also try to dowload another archive with the same result.

I have 2 questions now :

- How can I manage to successfully flash my device ?
- Is it normal that I can't directly transfert the .zip file to the internal memory ? I have to put the .zip into a directory and then transfert the directory.

Thank you for your help ! :good:

What variant do you have? Are you on official KK? What version TWRP are out running?