Power button don't switch screen off

Search This thread

kokonai

Oct 6, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
I just recieved unlcoked version of XT1058. But I was amaizing that power button don't turn off the screen. Not only...if the time for display time out finish, the screen try to go black for a second and after this wake up again.
This make the telefone to wakeup on every 15 secconds as my time out is 15 s.

I cannot turn the screen off in any case.

The telephone is stock AT&T branded.

Any suggestions?

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
I just recieved unlcoked version of XT1058. But I was amaizing that power button don't turn off the screen. Not only...if the time for display time out finish, the screen try to go black for a second and after this wake up again.
This make the telefone to wakeup on every 15 secconds as my time out is 15 s.

I cannot turn the screen off in any case.

The telephone is stock AT&T branded.

Any suggestions?

Well, this is -either- a hardware problem, or a software problem. You can find the "Return to Stock" thread, and flash the entire SBF for your Model/Carrier from here: http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=0

This will replace your entire filesystem, and repair any corruption that may be present. You will be back to 100% STOCK filesystem.

If a FULL SBF to stock does not fix the problem, it is most likely a hardware issue. Hope your phone is still under warranty.

Good Luck.

Last edited:

kokonai

Oct 6, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
Thanks, The phone now is on the way back to the seller.
Moto X was bought via Amazon.com from WIRELESS WORKS.
NEVER MORE. The box was not original but some fake, the phone is non workable, the accesories is China made and again no original.
The phone was sold as NEW ORIGINAL XT1053 but comes XT1058 AT&T
After few angry mails to Amazon the seller accpet return and I hope my money will be return.
So watch out even in amazon for tricky sellers.

Best Regards, Nick