Google Talk .apk's

Search This thread

Dave the Knave

Apr 18, 2008
Baltimore
So my dad made the mistake of uninstalling all the Google Talk related applications on his phone rendering the Android Market unusable.

This consisted of 3 things:
1) Talk.apk
2) TalkProvider.apk
3) gtalkservice.apk

So for anyone else who has also made this mistake, or just wants to have these .apk's on their computer or phone as a backup... I give them to you :)

IF IT DOESNT HAVE "CWM FLASHABLE" IN THE NAME, DO NOT FLASH IT VIA CWM!

A big thank you to BTRL30NTM for making the CWM zip!!

Last edited:

jcookeman

Aug 2, 2010
Hi. Thanks for posting these. I installed DeFrost4.0 over 2.2-update1 and did a wipe. There is no gtalk on the phone now. Where should I put these apks?

manekineko

Jul 26, 2009
Are these working for anyone? All 3 apks give me "Application not installed" when I try to install them.

HAXSUNG GAL

Aug 4, 2010
San Diego
So my dad made the mistake of uninstalling all the Google Talk related applications on his phone rendering the Android Market unusable.

1) Talk.apk
2) TalkProvider.apk
3) gtalkservice.apk

So for anyone else who has also made this mistake, or just wants to have these .apk's on their computer or phone as a backup... I give them to you :)
I did the same thing and am going to reinstall these on my Evo right now.

I think I love you!

glensta

Jul 1, 2010
Over here

1) Talk.apk
2) TalkProvider.apk
3) gtalkservice.apk

Thanks for this! I made the same mistake - I got all "uninstall happy" with root explorer and started to get that "gapps" force close message.
Installing these got rid of that - Thanks again!

Dave the Knave

Apr 18, 2008
Baltimore
Yupp. Anytime. If you delete anything let me know. I have a full dump of the system with anything you might accidentally delete

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

Reactions: budracer1

gatorp003@aol.com

Aug 10, 2010
Mechanicsburg
Ican't thank you enough

In my tap happy faze I thought I could save some ram and uninstall what i thought was an app i never used! To my sad and flawed reasoning my market apps would not install from device but i could still adb them in so thanks for the file pack. :D

Reactions: Dawerius

Dave the Knave

Apr 18, 2008
Baltimore
You're very welcome. Glad to see it come in handy for so many people

Sent from my Samsung Captivate using XDA App

Last edited:

cashyftw

Sep 11, 2010
Dude, I love you so much! Your definitely solved my problem! Do you have a paypal? I would be happy to donate to you!

Edit: Found it Conformed:9A86195007997842J

pdwh1971

Oct 30, 2010
THANX MAN!!! Works like a charm on my SGS - you're a lifesaver!! And market is up and running again...

cheers,
Peter

cristideca

Jan 12, 2010
Timisoara
I uninstalled from titanium after making a backup. Why does titanium has a "backup" options i don't know? The market didn't worked and had a crash on start-up. Installed and got force closes from market and gtalk. After a restart of the phone and some freezing, everything back to normal.

Thanks for this!

Dave the Knave

Apr 18, 2008
Baltimore
I uninstalled from titanium after making a backup. Why does titanium has a "backup" options i don't know? The market didn't worked and had a crash on start-up. Installed and got force closes from market and gtalk. After a restart of the phone and some freezing, everything back to normal.

Thanks for this!

As far as I know, titanium doesn't back up anything from the system\apps directory. It only backs up the data portion.

Sent from my Captivate

redeuxx

Aug 31, 2010
USA
ribbed.us
Wish I saw this thread before I reflashed my phone after the last time I got install happy.

Nov 8, 2010
Atlantic beach
Tried the apk's

I downloaded the apk's on my galaxy s it fixed the gapps problem but now when I try to download from the market I get a market app error amd it says the apps are fimished dowmloading in the notification bar but they are mo where to be found ahhhhhhh please help ive been trying to fix my phone for 4 days it took me this long to find the for a droid google apk's needed ...........thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1) Talk.apk
    2) TalkProvider.apk
    3) gtalkservice.apk

IF IT DOESNT HAVE "CWM FLASHABLE" IN THE NAME, DO NOT FLASH IT VIA CWM!

A big thank you to BTRL30NTM for making the CWM zip!!
    Just simply install them on the phone. They'll be placed where they need to be.
    Yupp. Anytime. If you delete anything let me know. I have a full dump of the system with anything you might accidentally delete

Ican't thank you enough

In my tap happy faze I thought I could save some ram and uninstall what i thought was an app i never used! To my sad and flawed reasoning my market apps would not install from device but i could still adb them in so thanks for the file pack. :D
    Does anyone have the files for Froyo (2.2)?

Thx

I'm going to need you to be more specific as to what you uninstalled from the phone. The only Talk related app I can find on my phone running 2.2 is simply Talk.apk as there is nothing else anywhere on the phone. I'll add that to the OP for now.