Unlocking bootloader on Xperia Arc S

Search This thread
Apr 7, 2013
Good Afternoon,

I want to install cyanogenmod 10.1 on my xperia arc S. tried to follow a tutorial, but when it came to the part of booting the device in recovery mode I found that my bootloader was locked. Apparently, on the Rooting Status it says: bootloader unlock allowed: NO. So, my question is, what should I do in order to unlock the bootloader and install the cyanogenmod. thank you vm for your time.

Bernardo.

izida

Apr 2, 2013
Beograd
Good Afternoon,

I want to install cyanogenmod 10.1 on my xperia arc S. tried to follow a tutorial, but when it came to the part of booting the device in recovery mode I found that my bootloader was locked. Apparently, on the Rooting Status it says: bootloader unlock allowed: NO. So, my question is, what should I do in order to unlock the bootloader and install the cyanogenmod. thank you vm for your time.

Bernardo.

Try this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1034087

Reactions: happysmile

vinuyyy

Aug 1, 2013
Cant Unlock Bootloader

Dear Sir

i Have Done all Instructions But It shows failed pls find below details.. please hellp me as soon as possible

Dear syed h done all what you mentioned but it shows error.. please find bellow.. and please reply me as soon as possible...
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
C:\Documents and Settings\ssubramanian>cd desktop
C:\Documents and Settings\ssubramanian\Desktop>cd flash boot
C:\Documents and Settings\ssubramanian\Desktop\flash boot>cd fast boot
C:\Documents and Settings\ssubramanian\Desktop\flash boot\fast boot>cd fastboot
C:\Documents and Settings\ssubramanian\Desktop\flash boot\fast boot\fastboot>fas
tboot.exe -i 0x0fce getvar version
version: 0.3
finished. total time: -0.000s
C:\Documents and Settings\ssubramanian\Desktop\flash boot\fast boot\fastboot>fas
tboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xDDA4329E6C449072
(bootloader) Unlock phone requested
FAILED (remote: oem unlock failed!)
finished. total time: 0.016s

Someguyfromhell

Feb 2, 2012
I too have a Sony Ericsson (pro) with bootloader unlock allowed: NO. I've scoured the Web and only come up with this site http://www.wotanserver.com/en/sony-ericsson/xperia-pro-mk16/unlock-tool/debranding-flash
Which claims that if I pay 7.99 euros I'll be able to unlock my bootloader. My question is what am I paying 7.99 for? What does this service give that I can't be found out for free?

It works only if your phone is manufactured before 12W11. Check it under the battery.

shehrozlt18i

Aug 12, 2014
I am having problems in unlocking my xperia arc s lt18i boot loader. I have tried every sungle method of unlocking bootloader. my phone shows Boot loader allowed: yes and it is not sim locked as well. I am using the correct IMEI code and I have got correct unlock code from sony and still I am getting error remote: oem unlock failed. Help!! Help!! Help!! Please!!!

bejunk

May 9, 2013
Berlin
I am having problems in unlocking my xperia arc s lt18i boot loader. I have tried every sungle method of unlocking bootloader. my phone shows Boot loader allowed: yes and it is not sim locked as well. I am using the correct IMEI code and I have got correct unlock code from sony and still I am getting error remote: oem unlock failed. Help!! Help!! Help!! Please!!!

okay this problem have many other of my friends. in 99.9 % i requested a new code from sony website & it all worked :good:

also check in the cmd window if the divice is connected before trying to unlock!

shehrozlt18i

Aug 12, 2014
okay this problem have many other of my friends. in 99.9 % i requested a new code from sony website & it all worked :good:

also check in the cmd window if the divice is connected before trying to unlock!

Actually I have tried every single thing and everytime I ask for a new code I get the same code as before from sony and I have installed proper drivers as well because it states that my device is connected

Reactions: bejunk

bejunk

May 9, 2013
Berlin
Actually I have tried every single thing and everytime I ask for a new code I get the same code as before from sony and I have installed proper drivers as well because it states that my device is connected

i dont be rude bro, but i had this situatzion atleast over 20 times here with friends or others from my country (then i done the job over teamviewer lol, what a pain in ass)

theres a simple calcultion which allways was right for me:

- service menu says: bootloader unlocked allowed: YES [x] (check:good:)
- installed all the drivers & stuff properly
(you say that cmd tells you device is connetced, so:) [x](check:good:)

if its then still not working, ITS 100%:

a human (your) fault.

- maybe request wrong code (99%)
- ???

i say that because i have friends which telled me same thing. they said "i read it thrice & requested code more than 5 times...... bla bla" - & those a were mostly smart people. (no n00bs)

guess what, after triyng help them for hours (!) over internet, i go to them next day & unlocked phone in 5 mins. lol
i dont know what they doing wrong. or why its not working. i only know if you do it carefully,patiently, read all & DO IT EXACTLY like stated it allways works. because its my way & it allways worked (even they say they done it same.)

but keep in mind that maybe your carrier locked it in some way. here in my country its not allowed for carriers. but idk how its in yr country

Last edited:

SnakeByte

Feb 8, 2015
Alberta
then there is no free way of doing this?

I really hope you found a way to unlock your bootloader. If not, go on this site, just provide your email, confirm email, type your emai number and they give you the code instantly: https://developer.sonymobile.com/unlockbootloader/
I did worked for my xperia arc. Good luck ;)

---------- Post added at 09:45 ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 ----------

As of March 2015 is there any free way to unlock the bootloader if it is not allowed?

I really hope you found a way to unlock your bootloader. If not, go on this site, just provide your email, confirm email, type your emai number and they give you the code instantly: https://developer.sonymobile.com/unlockbootloader/
I did worked for my xperia arc. Good luck

Top Liked Posts