Other device, comarisons to other devices, and upgrading phone discussion

Search This thread

shaungregg

Jan 6, 2011
Wasn't Swype the first and then I think came Slide-It? Now swiping has become mainstay for Android users, I wonder who filed the first patent for that idea.

kushXmaster

Nov 26, 2010
Stockton (cali)
Wasn't Swype the first and then I think came Slide-It? Now swiping has become mainstay for Android users, I wonder who filed the first patent for that idea.

I think it was swype. They used t have it years ago Windows and even before that (I think) on a Samsung feature phone. They used to have that commercial with the dude breaking the world record for speed texting. Hard to believe that's a guiness world record, but you know, 21st century living lol.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Aug 6, 2011
San Antonio
Need Help

A vendor sold me a AT&T Note 3 and I have a Tmobile phone account
. Will I loose any features / speed/ quality by using the AT&T model note 3 on a tmobile network rather than the tmobile model?
The vendor is a crook and I got duped. So I am trying to salvage something .
1. Can I us this model on Tmobile network?
2. Does the AT&T note 3 perform slower or have less frequencies (or whatever) or other restrictions.?
3. Can I easily enable this phone to perform as well as a tmobile model would on the tmobile network?
I would appreciate any help. I will deal with this vendor in the a.m. as soon as he opens
so I am trying to get some answers before then.
If it is not a big loss of quality etc then I can make the necc. changes to facilitate using the at&t model on the
Tmobile network.
But, if I will loose any speed or anything else than I would rather get a tmobile model and try to sellll this if vendor won't refund money.
Sorry if this is posted in wrong place I spenrt an hour trying to figure out whrnre to ask a question on this site.
Thanks in advance for some help.

kushXmaster

Nov 26, 2010
Stockton (cali)
. Will I loose any features / speed/ quality by using the AT&T model note 3 on a tmobile network rather than the tmobile model?
1. Can I us this model on Tmobile network?
2. Does the AT&T note 3 perform slower or have less frequencies (or whatever) or other restrictions.?
3. Can I easily enable this phone to perform as well as a tmobile model would on the tmobile network?
I would appreciate any help. I will deal with this vendor in the a.m. as soon as he opens
so I am trying to get some answers before then.
If it is not a big loss of quality etc then I can make the necc. changes to facilitate using the at&t model on the
Tmobile network.
But, if I will loose any speed or anything else than I would rather get a tmobile model and try to sellll this if vendor won't refund money.
Sorry if this is posted in wrong place I spenrt an hour trying to figure out whrnre to ask a question on this site.
Thanks in advance for some help.

AFAIK they use the same frequency. You should be good. As long as you have the correct modem and you've got you're sim you should be good. I know a lot of people that have taken tmobile phones over to att and got perfectly good speeds so I don't see why it wouldn't work the other direction.

Sorry to here someone screwed you. But it should work just fine.

AdmiralCF420

Sep 20, 2013
Kansas City

I am currently running an AT&T S3 on T-Mobile network and it runs perfectly smooth. T-Mobile and AT&T run the same frequencies. The only feature you lose is WiFi Calling and Mobile Hotspot but there are plenty of apps for both. The downside though is that as far as I know the bootloader is locked on the AT&T model so that could be a bit of a pain if you love flashing ROMs like I do.

Last edited:

argoldst

Oct 24, 2007
I currently have both the lg g2 and the note 3 and yet, still cannot decide on which I should keep. Love the size of the g2 and the screen over the note 3. However, the note 3 has an sd card and seems not to have the occasion lag that the g2 has (which may go away with an update).

I would love to hear people's opinion on the two and why they picked one over the other.

phobic99

Jan 29, 2008
I currently have both the lg g2 and the note 3 and yet, still cannot decide on which I should keep. Love the size of the g2 and the screen over the note 3. However, the note 3 has an sd card and seems not to have the occasion lag that the g2 has (which may go away with an update).

I would love to hear people's opinion on the two and why they picked one over the other.

I had the G2 for a week before I got the note 3. Honestly, the G2 is a really nice phone. I love the size and the screen is great.

The only issues I had with the G2 were the fact that I really didn't like the back buttons after using them and I wasn't sure on Dev/Rom support. I also didn't like that the G2 doesn't seem to support AptX and it just feels cheap in my hand while using it. All very minor complaints that will vary from user.

I like the note 3 a lot but I'm actually thinking about getting a Nexus 5 now especially if it comes with the rumored 3000mah battery. We'll see in a few days.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk now Free

kushXmaster

Nov 26, 2010
Stockton (cali)

I played around with the g2 but didn't like the smaller screen. Plus I've been a fan of deviant development, specifically ptmr3's work and knew he was going to make the jump so that's part of the reason I got the note 3.

I just love the size of this phone. I read a lot and watch a lot of videos so it makes it really nice. Plus my hands are fairly large so I don't have any problems using it one handed.

Jan 9, 2012
Hurray, finally got shipping confirmation from Negri

So, like a few people here on xda, I ordered the Note 3 from Negri after seeing a thread here saying how cheap it was. I preordered on October 1st. (3 days before launch), and was about ready to cancel my order after waiting 30 days, when I finally got shipping confirmation. I wish I could post on the original thread to let others who are holding out for their black Note 3s know how the cue is progressing, but it (and threads like it) was closed by ed funky cold, so I'm posting here for anyone who didn't switch to swappa. I'll update when I get it to say whether knox was tripped, etc.

Jan 9, 2012
Got the phone

So, like a few people here on xda, I ordered the Note 3 from Negri after seeing a thread here saying how cheap it was. I preordered on October 1st. (3 days before launch), and was about ready to cancel my order after waiting 30 days, when I finally got shipping confirmation. I wish I could post on the original thread to let others who are holding out for their black Note 3s know how the cue is progressing, but it (and threads like it) was closed by ed funky cold, so I'm posting here for anyone who didn't switch to swappa. I'll update when I get it to say whether knox was tripped, etc.

Got the phone on Friday, it was delivered in the box with thermal shrink wrap, everything was included except for the T-mobile SIM and the quick start guide. I don't know if it has already been SIM unlocked, I haven't gotten my Straight Talk SIM yet. I checked KNOX, it wasn't tripped. I update when I get my SIM.

kevroc

Feb 20, 2006
Got the phone on Friday, it was delivered in the box with thermal shrink wrap, everything was included except for the T-mobile SIM and the quick start guide. I don't know if it has already been SIM unlocked, I haven't gotten my Straight Talk SIM yet. I checked KNOX, it wasn't tripped. I update when I get my SIM.

That's great news. The wait finally paid off for you!

hcyplr29

May 30, 2011
Sin City
Does anyone have a comparison of the HTC one and the note 3? I would love to know as I might be switching. It won't be my first Samsung I had the s2, s3, note2. The only thing I did not like about the note 2 was the screen resolution but since this is a 1080p display it should look awesome.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I just switched from the HTC One to a Note 3. We all know the features etc etc, and all I will say is I like the Note 3 much better even though I was in love with my One. I was afraid of the size of a note trying to carry in my pocket and I will say that its not a big deal at all (I'm 6-2 225 so I have big pockets) :D The S-pen is a huge pleasant surprise. I never used one before and it just makes things much easier for the things I need my phone for. There is a cure for one-handed operation where you can shrink the screen and move it to a side where you hand is. I can go on and on but I'm still learning about it and after 2 days my mind is blown away with what this thing will do. Oh.............and don't forget an SD card slot inside...HUGE. Just my 2c ;)

Reactions: snifdat

Limeybastard

I just switched from the HTC One to a Note 3. We all know the features etc etc, and all I will say is I like the Note 3 much better even though I was in love with my One. I was afraid of the size of a note trying to carry in my pocket and I will say that its not a big deal at all (I'm 6-2 225 so I have big pockets) :D The S-pen is a huge pleasant surprise. I never used one before and it just makes things much easier for the things I need my phone for. There is a cure for one-handed operation where you can shrink the screen and move it to a side where you hand is. I can go on and on but I'm still learning about it and after 2 days my mind is blown away with what this thing will do. Oh.............and don't forget an SD card slot inside...HUGE. Just my 2c ;)

being a big lad I did not think you would need one handed operation .;)

kushXmaster

Nov 26, 2010
Stockton (cali)

Another handy trick is you can set up app couples for multi window so you tap one icon to launch to apps at the same time. Very handy if you use two apps for multi window a lot.

Sent from my Jedi powered Note 3

deeznutz1977

Jul 4, 2010
cHARMcity,MD
The dreaded G prs. :(
7ybugu4y.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

DWebber18

Dec 16, 2013
I too am enjoying my Note 3. I was a bit worried about the size but now I really like it and have a hard time going back to a smaller 4.5" screen size like my wife's S3.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please use this thread to discuss devices other than and any comparisons with other devices on or about the Note III in this thread and any other off-topic issues that are not needing a new thread.

Post with respect, this is a helpful community, hope we all learn from this stuff in here.
    Just upgraded to a T-Mo Note 3 from an AT&T branded HTC One X (unlocked and on T-Mo). Looking forward to joining this community. Cheers! :cheers:

Another handy trick is you can set up app couples for multi window so you tap one icon to launch to apps at the same time. Very handy if you use two apps for multi window a lot.

Sent from my Jedi powered Note 3
    Not going to wait out for the max version ? Howard forums reviewed the M8 ( mate?) And said the One had better Boom Sound. I must confess that I do like the premium fit and finish of the M8 however I know in my heart a smaller screen that what I'm currently using might bug me.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Ive loved HTC since the Ipaq. And as you all know (specially from my sig) i've modded roms for almost all the HTC phones. The DNA was a let down because Verizon discontinued it 3 months after release. So i jumped on the Note bandwagon for resale reasons. I wanted the OG One, but Verizon took so long to release it, it was pointless buying it almost a year after it's outing. Now that the M8 has everything I want, i'm going back to HTC. I love the big screen on the Note 3, but the bugs, even at my level of development can't be fixed. So time to go back to Sense and the easily fixable bugs of High Tech Computers. OH, and i frickin hate the help menu that Sammy has on the phones. I'm tired of getting asked, "ARE YOU SURE" everytime i do anything on this phone. And I really don't appreciate Sammy's , Microsoft approach to it's phones. If i want to use Sammy Search and SVoice, then let me decide, don't make it so that i "HAVE" to use it. I actually like Google Now. So i should be able to make that a short cut. S-Finder is pointless piece of crap.

That's great news. The wait finally paid off for you!