S-View Flip Kit Kat 4.4.2 Problem

Search This thread
Sure, i was going to send you a link from my ebay "purchased list", but I bought it a long time ago so my link expired.. :S

If you want I can send you a photo of my S view cover, and my chip.

Btw; on the chip says: " A10
D8V "

Thnks.. yeah a picture would do good.. or the seller name ?
Thx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

marko901

Mar 25, 2014
Didn't the seller gave you feedback they do that almost everytime just look at the date and you will probably see from who you've bought it

Yes, the seller name isn't the problem, I found the seller and visited his "store" on the Ebay, just he is not selling that particular cases any more... And that one seems to be working with the 4.4.2 Kit Kat.

Reactions: izzet3838

ckhurana

Nov 23, 2010
Ghaziabad
Hi guys

I received update yesterday night through kies and left update overnight for download.

I tested with my sview this morning with my spigen slim armor view and it is working back now D-)

Only downside is that it doesnt wake up with home button. I have to press power button to wake up to sview
:(
jybevy3e.jpg

Hi

About the Note3's S-View Spigen issue, I have the N9005 version of Note 3 as below

I had the issue with S-View, and was talking with Spigen on the resolution. They sent me a replacement chip, which I installed but haven;t been able to run the s-view continuosly for even an hour.

It crashes out completely until i take it out and re-seat it back in the cover.

Anyways, are you guys (incl. Nitish) able to confirm that the kitkat Samsung fix is still working for you?

Also, did you get any updates after the ENB4 version? Please refer my about screen above and let me know.

My last resort would be to buy an original s-view and harvest the chip from there. Foolish, I know, but what to do :(

Let me know please!

Attachments

• tempFileForShare.jpg
    tempFileForShare.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 209

marko901

Mar 25, 2014
Hey, my friend also had problems with his Note 3 , and he was also on ENB4 version.
On the other hand, I'm running a ENC2 (see the pics attached) and everything runs just fine. S view cover, third party accessories, all works for me.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1395960485503.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1395960485503.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 229
Hi

About the Note3's S-View Spigen issue, I have the N9005 version of Note 3 as below

I had the issue with S-View, and was talking with Spigen on the resolution. They sent me a replacement chip, which I installed but haven;t been able to run the s-view continuosly for even an hour.

It crashes out completely until i take it out and re-seat it back in the cover.

Anyways, are you guys (incl. Nitish) able to confirm that the kitkat Samsung fix is still working for you?

Also, did you get any updates after the ENB4 version? Please refer my about screen above and let me know.

My last resort would be to buy an original s-view and harvest the chip from there. Foolish, I know, but what to do :(

Let me know please!

Hi

I can confirm that my Spigen Slim Armor View works flawlessly. See below my config.

ja3eta7u.jpg

One thing is there, though, once you reboot with the case still on, it stops working. No crashes, it only does not work for me. But I only need to take it out and back in. And this solves the issue until my next reboot. But then, this had been the case even with 4.3

Thanks

dsp0704

Jun 6, 2012
My spigen s view case never worked even in 4.3. Reinstalling case worked for maybe an hour or so. I never returned it for replacement and I was hoping with 4.4 update it would magically work but now even with re - casing the phone it won't work.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ckhurana

Nov 23, 2010
Ghaziabad
Hi

I can confirm that my Spigen Slim Armor View works flawlessly. See below my config.

ja3eta7u.jpg

One thing is there, though, once you reboot with the case still on, it stops working. No crashes, it only does not work for me. But I only need to take it out and back in. And this solves the issue until my next reboot. But then, this had been the case even with 4.3

Thanks

Ok, so it seems the replacement chip which was sent is having some faults then... My S-View works but only for 2-3 times when I open/close the case. It does not work again till I take it out of the case and place it back again.

Can you or anyone point me to a cheap s-view case (which ships to India) so that i can harvest the chip to test this?

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
Ok, so it seems the replacement chip which was sent is having some faults then... My S-View works but only for 2-3 times when I open/close the case. It does not work again till I take it out of the case and place it back again.

Can you or anyone point me to a cheap s-view case (which ships to India) so that i can harvest the chip to test this?

There are about 7 different chipset available, you just have to be lucky.

My friend got a few s view covers and they all had problems (not working, black screen or sometime work/not working), apparenty, the cover all had the same chipset, so I would think it's the batches they come in, I changed all her chipset and they all work afterwards.

abilgen73

Mar 28, 2014
I took care of the problem .. Note 3:cool:

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

10 ways not reply but today I will not send from ..

SladeZero

Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
Well... my question has been answered... guess I'll wait to buy a Sview case. I'll use my cash to get a LoveMei case instead. Fishing season is coming. :)

abilgen73

Mar 28, 2014
Released Android 4.2.2 for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Note 3 after update KitKat you know, the fake S-View sheaths (at the mouth of the people windowed case) began to run. Samsung Galaxy Note on the subject of the third and accessories you want to get the best results, use the original product in the form of something that made ​​a statement but forgotten after root sheath able to run it. Let me explain step by step how to do this operation:

1) Galaxy Note 3 rootl and KitKat your device must be installed. Some of these operations are performed in Custom Rom there is no need to do it again, but because some of Stock and Custom Rom Rom is necessary in the make or not to make the device completely root your preference and is your risk.

2) Device Installer program called Xposed install. From this site you can find the current version.
http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.robv.android.xposed.installer

3) Xposed by supers to allow the installer.

4) Open the installer Xposed Framework Open menu.

5) From the dropdown menu Install / Update, press and turn the unit off.

6) Xposed Module Download Installer and press Open.

7) Press the Search button in the upper part of his lens-shaped stands.

8) Search Type 3 and S-View ALL Note instead of the covers (Note 3) to download the latest version of the software. And if he asks for installation of dry.

9) Press the module from loadersnowblowersweepervacuum Xposed.

10) S-View ALL the covers and then activate the device reboot. You can now use the desired case.

will hopefully benefit ..

Rafik.1

Mar 17, 2014
Toronto
Hey all

I just recd my OEM Samsung sview. Although a great case.. I have a few issues that I'm sure others ran into.. Or maybe not:

1. When flipping the front cover over to the back, the screen always goes in sview mode and there is no other way around it. I always have to keep the front flap open in order to use the phone... Anyone else have this problem?

2. The sview doesn't work when I restart or shut off my phone. It will once I take out the cover and replace it. Anyone counter this issue?

I hope someone can help out with these issues. It may be that the case I got was defective but essentially since it's a Samsung original, it shouldn't have these problems to begin with! Thanks for all your help.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app

hzh

Jan 23, 2014
Hey all

I just recd my OEM Samsung sview. Although a great case.. I have a few issues that I'm sure others ran into.. Or maybe not:

1. When flipping the front cover over to the back, the screen always goes in sview mode and there is no other way around it. I always have to keep the front flap open in order to use the phone... Anyone else have this problem?

2. The sview doesn't work when I restart or shut off my phone. It will once I take out the cover and replace it. Anyone counter this issue?

I hope someone can help out with these issues. It may be that the case I got was defective but essentially since it's a Samsung original, it shouldn't have these problems to begin with! Thanks for all your help.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app

I have the same problem. Every time I restart or turn my phone on I have to remove the back cover and put it again to allow the chip to be installed again while the phone is on so that the s-view works again. I have no idea why. I appears to be software related. btw I am on kitkat (n9005).

c5ho

Nov 13, 2009
I have the same problem. Every time I restart or turn my phone on I have to remove the back cover and put it again to allow the chip to be installed again while the phone is on so that the s-view works again. I have no idea why. I appears to be software related. btw I am on kitkat (n9005).

I'm having the same issue as well. I have a Canadian N900W8 and my baseband is N900W8VLUCNB7.

I just bought my Note 3 and got the case off Ebay from a seller that claimed that it was "official" Samsung.

Any help?

Rafik.1

Mar 17, 2014
Toronto
I'm having the same issue as well. I have a Canadian N900W8 and my baseband is N900W8VLUCNB7.

I just bought my Note 3 and got the case off Ebay from a seller that claimed that it was "official" Samsung.

Any help?

I am due to receive a replacement on my case. The seller said they have tested the new one and everything seems to be working fine. So I will keep you all updated. If anything is wrong, I guess my Note 3 will need some kind of repair!

hzh

Jan 23, 2014

Any help?

Hello there:

Yesterday I have received a small firmware update on my n9005 (about 1.2 MB saying it is a stability update). Now the cover works perfect after I restart or turn my phone on.

best.

Reactions: N1T15H

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nope, after a whole bunch of 'feeding' it various values, I think I need to get an official case to see what actually gets sent over to the device. I've ordered one from Amazon, so we shall see. If I can effectively copy the values that are read from an official case then should not be a problem.

I shall be back on the 'case' when I get my new case :)
    Hello every one !

I have one solution to S-View Flip. Today i have buy one official cover and proceded a chip swap to Official & Spigen Slim Armor View.
    Nice it work ! but the solution is expensive, buy the spigen SAV + Official Cover, the operation is not without risk. Rest one problem, the Home buton not work.

The home button is not only blocked from SView, it's blocked completely with the screen off, the event watcher is not registered for it.

I've been digging through all this code, and oh my word have they gone to town, and although our 'unofficial' stuff has stopped I don't think that was the primary reason for Samsung to do this, it seems they have registered a whole bunch of other identifiers, so that other official 'devices' whether they be cases or whatever can be identified uniquely.

The 4.3 way of doing things was :

Check for chip - if exists is it's vendor name Samsung - If so turn on S-View

in the 4.4.2 world :

Check for chip - if exists is it's vendor name Samsung - If so What's the Device ID - If it's 0x1 then S-View on if it's 0x2 then it's FlipView case (no S-View, just turn screen off, and turn on again when opened)

The problem we have, the chips our devices use Doesn't have an ID, Just the Vendor name.

What we need to do is force the detection code to identify the chip as an S-View no matter what.

I'll have another look later, only had a couple hours today.

Just so you know the status.
    Wow, the more I dig the more horrified and impressed I am!

There's code in here to detect what colour the case is that you are using, and then it can set the background to match, there's code for different size 'openings' in the case, and for no opening at all....

I might need to get hold of an 'official' device so I can see what these things are being set too!

For now though, I'll try hack around it ;)
    It say this
    _a235@hlte:/ $ su
    root@hlte:/ # echo 1 > /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/w1_master_check_id
    tmp-mksh: can't create /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/w1_master_check_id: Permission denied

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Okay, here's another APK, can you try that? http://dl-count.xposed.info/modules/com.mohammadag.sviewverificationbypasser_v3_be39c1.apk

Reboot after you see the "modules list updated toast"
    Heh, so I didn't waste 85$ (in a way)

Here's a support thread for the module since it works :)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49664676