[Q] Daily use experience and Chrome behavior?

Search This thread

jdfloresd

May 28, 2011
I really like the idea of the Padfone-X and I am kind of ready to pull the trigger, however, I read on a review (Zdnet I think) that chrome does not adjust well to the change when docking in the station, that Chrome never shows the tablet sites, but always the mobile sites, is this true?

Also in general, what is the experience on a daily basis using this combo?

I am coming from a LG Optimus G + Sony xperia tab Z

Your inputs and experience are appreciated!

dibblebill

Jun 3, 2012
Raleigh, NC
www.youtube.com
I really like the idea of the Padfone-X and I am kind of ready to pull the trigger, however, I read on a review (Zdnet I think) that chrome does not adjust well to the change when docking in the station, that Chrome never shows the tablet sites, but always the mobile sites, is this true?

Many apps don't support the change without rebooting the app. I haven't had issues with it loading phone vs tablet sites more than any other device. Many sites seem to just ignore tablet mode and go straight to the mobile site, even on my old Nexus 10.

jdfloresd

May 28, 2011
Many apps don't support the change without rebooting the app. I haven't had issues with it loading phone vs tablet sites more than any other device. Many sites seem to just ignore tablet mode and go straight to the mobile site, even on my old Nexus 10.

So, it is just a matter of re-starting the app? I know some sites do not have tablet site and they send you straight to mobile site, that also happens on my sony Xperia Tablet Z....

So, how do you like the combo, is worth and more useful vs a phone + tablet pair?

Thanks!

dibblebill

Jun 3, 2012
Raleigh, NC
www.youtube.com
Despite having a radio antenna go out and a defective display, I love the device to death. I use it HEAVILY for productivity as a laptop and tablet, and slip it into my pocket on the go. It does take a good 10-15 seconds once in a while to transition, but I almost always have it in tablet mode.

Scott@ASUS

Jul 14, 2014
www.asus.com
ASUS

Hello,

I know some sites support viewing in desktop mode through chrome. Tap settings and select desktop view. This transfers easily between the phone and tablet mode. Should you need further assistance, please email me at CL-Scott1@asus.com and place case # N140846720 in the subject line.

Thank you for considering an ASUS product.

Regards,

dibblebill

Jun 3, 2012
Raleigh, NC
www.youtube.com
Hello,

I know some sites support viewing in desktop mode through chrome. Tap settings and select desktop view. This transfers easily between the phone and tablet mode. Should you need further assistance, please email me at CL-Scott1@asus.com and place case # N140846720 in the subject line.

Thank you for considering an ASUS product.

Regards,

I was referring more to shortcomings of the website. I have found websites that ignore that setting across multiple devices.

Sent from my ASUS PadFone X using XDA Free mobile app