[DEV] ICS for SGS i9000 - Uploaded - DEVELOPMENT ONLY

Search This thread

jimbo77

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
Guatemala
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
IMHO I think this should be moved to General Section until something is RELEASED for real. Otherwise a lot of noobs or Flashing addicts like myself will start throlling on this so called "Development" thread :D

nex1685

Oct 20, 2010
toronto
i think it will be fun to try, looking forward to give ics a try thank you for playing with this and letting us try it.

ali1276

Jan 11, 2011
DFW
Hey galnet and lttldvl,

I am posting here a version that should have a bunch of things fixed such as touchscreen, audio, bluetooth (I used the bluetooth.apk from CM7 for Vibrant, so you might need to use them from I9000 CM7) you will probably need to change the GPS libs back to I9000, (they are the Vibrant ones right now). You also might need to change the button mapping. This also uses the apk's straight from the Galaxy Nexus, not from the SDK. The problem is, I could never make a working kernel. So if you could just PM me the kernel or post it on the thread that would be great.:) You are free to add on to this if you find anything you can fix.

Here is the rom: http://www.multiupload.com/B0B9Y33QW4(It has no boot.img in it for now)

Last edited:

lttldvl

Feb 17, 2011
Inverurie
we are currently uploading a botting version at the moment.

we have been working on screen fixes to get the res set correctly, but you guys will all have the files to work on it yourself.

Galnet and I have one request though. We would like this to be a group effort, so please add in any fixes you have in this thread.

As for non technical users, DO NOT FLASH if you don't know what you are doing!

EDIT:

Please keep an eye on the OP, Galnet is going to edit it very soon!

Last edited:

ali1276

Jan 11, 2011
DFW
we are currently uploading a botting version at the moment.

we have been working on screen fixes to get the res set correctly, but you guys will all have the files to work on it yourself.

Galnet and I have one request though. We would like this to be a group effort, so please add in any fixes you have in this thread.

As for non technical users, DO NOT FLASH if you don't know what you are doing!

Did you check out my version. Here, let me tell you what I did. To get the touchscreen properly working, you have to do the following: Go into MiUi or CM7 and find system/usr/idc copy that file into the ICS system/usr/idc and delete everything else in system/usr/idc. For audio, you need to copy ginger CM7 audio libs into ICS lib. Finally, for bluetooth, you must copy the Bluetooth.apk from ginger CM7 into system/apk. Hope that helps.

galnet

Jul 6, 2010
Prestwick
www.galnet.co.uk
Did you check out my version. Here, let me tell you what I did. To get the touchscreen properly working, you have to do the following: Go into MiUi or CM7 and find system/usr/idc copy that file into the ICS system/usr/idc and delete everything else in system/usr/idc. For audio, you need to copy ginger CM7 audio libs into ICS lib. Finally, for bluetooth, you must copy the Bluetooth.apk from ginger CM7 into system/apk. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the information, very much appreciated. ;)

lttldvl

Feb 17, 2011
Inverurie
Thanks for that.

As for this project, Galnet and i would love to show off what the true power of open source can do. If we can all work together on this and show our worth, hopefully Google, and other corporations will sit up and take notice of the benefits we can provide them if they open their sources fully.

Dorilife

Jan 25, 2011
Fajardo,PR
People coming together on this project seems great!
Goodluck guys!

Too bad I don't have a i9000 anymore;(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

bhu1

Aug 1, 2011
Jaipur
questions, will cwm remain if i flash it and will it wipe everything. Just wanted to get a taste of ice cream sandwich for 10 minutes.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

titooo7

Sep 29, 2010
London
As the source code hasn't been released yet I know this rom will probably have lot of bugs... but I can't wait to test it!

Thanks for your work guys ;)

Enviado desde mi GT-I9000 usando Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Taking a break from MIUI over the weekend we thought we'd work on trying to port ICS over to the SGS.

icecream2.jpg

Please note the version posted will be a proof of concept version, and IS NOT for daily usage nor for people unknown to flashing etc.

It is being posted for development purposes only, however Lttldvl and I wish for this to be an open community, and which for other developers to help fix the issues that are still present.

The rom DOES NOT currently get passed the lockscreen, as touch sensors and screen resolution need fixed.

Edit: using 2 fingers or back key and menu key will get you past lockscreen.

This is a product of open source, let's see what WE CAN ALL DO with it..!

How to flash:

Exactly the same process as MIUI or CM7

DOWNLOAD NOW

http://rommaster.miuiscotland.co.uk/ICS-alpha-galnet-lttldvl.zip

Galnet and Lttldvl
    Ok, i'll start a new thread as soon as i reach home, now another heads up:

2g/3g up and running ok..

Cheers
    Finally im able to post in dev section.

I don't have a i9000 (international) i have an i9000b, so far scroll for i9000b version works, i'll re check the patch and compile a new version for i9000 today to see if that fix the scrolling.

Flicker is due to hardware acceleration still not working, i'll continue checking on that.

i've tryed syndtr sources but pvr still does not work.

cheers
    Quick heads up:

Sdcard working (internal at the moment, external probably in some time)

Hardware acceleration gralloc is not giving errors, however, it gives bad device so i have to find the correct drivers.

i cannot upload the image now (at work, dang firewalls) i'll try to get a couple of more things working before i upload it tonight

Cheers.
    Back on game, sorry for the delay (i was needing some sleep :p )

I9000 kernel update (it should fix the touch screen)

http://www.multiupload.com/REABV0MQ6J

Update also contains the SD card enable files.

I9000b update

http://www.multiupload.com/U8EZ8C5PFF

Kernel does not have a biggest changes, but update include sdcard enable files.

Cheers.