[CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [01/23] FRX04 Reference!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

gehzumteufel

Jul 27, 2006
SoCal
I have installed from this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=601751, I am using a TMobile Touch Pro 2 and copied over the correct startup.txt... Keyboard is working, etc, but No Service... Can someone please help? I went to try and "Find networks" in settings and all it finds is cingular and voicestream?
Voicestream = T-Mobile USA.

Also, I am on T-Mobile, and the latest packages work. I have them on my phone (with the exception of the latest kernel) and it works perfect. Obviously some things are still missing, but otherwise great.

venomshot629

Aug 20, 2009
California
www.verysmartdesign.com
Voicestream = T-Mobile USA.

Also, I am on T-Mobile, and the latest packages work. I have them on my phone (with the exception of the latest kernel) and it works perfect. Obviously some things are still missing, but otherwise great.

Thank you, I will try it out!

Edit: I selected it, and it said "Registered on network", but still shows no bars.. Hm.. Let me make sure i did it right... Copied to storage card / andboot , correct startup.txt file, moved over android apps to one folder up, navigated to Storage Card in Windows phone and opened Haret.exe... Did screen calibration, skipped initial google sync setup...

Last edited:

Greenturtle

Jun 17, 2006
Surrey
I want to say a massive thank you to the developers for creating porting this operating system.

People should really stop whining about how 'unusable it is'. The interface is a hell of a lot better than that of WinMo!

I have one question though, does this count as a 'rooted' Android? There are one or two applications like WiFiSharing that require a 'rooted' Android, but I wasn't so sure.

Thanks.

gehzumteufel

Jul 27, 2006
SoCal
I want to say a massive thank you to the developers for creating porting this operating system.

People should really stop whining about how 'unusable it is'. The interface is a hell of a lot better than that of WinMo!

I have one question though, does this count as a 'rooted' Android? There are one or two applications like WiFiSharing that require a 'rooted' Android, but I wasn't so sure.

Thanks.
It is rooted, yes.

J-Hop2o6

Aug 24, 2009
Seattle, WA
anyone know why my earphone speaker and mic is NOT working?? it used to work for me before.. here's my startup.txt

set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 2292
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz

set cmdline "lcd.density=240 msmts_calib=0x9f.0x39a.0x35c.0x78 clock-7x00.a11=500 msmvkeyb_toggle=off pmem.extra=1 gsensor_axis=2,1,3 physkeyboard=rhod210 pm.sleep_mode=1 rel_path=andboot snd.force_headset=2 hw3d.force=0"
Boot

Reefermattness

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 27, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
anyone know why my earphone speaker and mic is NOT working?? it used to work for me before.. here's my startup.txt

set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 2292
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz

set cmdline "lcd.density=240 msmts_calib=0x9f.0x39a.0x35c.0x78 clock-7x00.a11=500 msmvkeyb_toggle=off pmem.extra=1 gsensor_axis=2,1,3 physkeyboard=rhod210 pm.sleep_mode=1 rel_path=andboot snd.force_headset=2 hw3d.force=0"
Boot

Maybe the force headset?

LoGaY

Feb 19, 2008
Bandung
www.LogayPektay.com
If I want to Install Android OS on my HTC TP2 T-Mobile, i've just following tis instructions?without any instructions before that?

are the any probability that I'll brick my phone if i install Android OS on my HTC TP2 T-Mobile?

and for the installations, should I clean the micro SDCard?

and then, are there any method after activated The ANDROID OS, and I want go back to Windows Mobile 6.5?or just reset it?

Instructions for .cab:
If you are having trouble booting after installing this over an old version of android, make sure that you delete data.img file from your SD card!

1. Copy to SD card
2. Install: This .cab has to be installed directly to your SD card or it will not work!
3. Soft Reset your handset
4. Run Project Android (MJGDroidUtil.exe) from your new start menu icon and enjoy!

Instructions for .rar:

1. Unzip
2. Copy "andboot" folder to the ROOT of your SD card
3. Explore to andboot/Haret, run & enjoy! (Want a start menu icon for the haret in this .rar package? Look Here)

Last edited:

Deafcyclist

Dec 31, 2009
Alexander City
lostear.com
Heh, awesome job with this android port! I'm checking this thread every single day in hope for the power control fix cause my phone is still dying after only a few hours (like 6 hours) so I ended up carrying around an extra battery, heh. I'm most definitely looking forward to at least being able to charge while still in android and the battery meter fix. I know that it'll come when it's ready but I just wanted to tip my hat at the guys involved with this port and thanks you all. I am now addicted to playing around with my phone and loving how much more potential there is in my tilt2 thanks to being able to use both windows mobile and android. Don't ever lose the Haret method, please? cause I love keeping my options open on this phone, heh.

phhusson

Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2009
Paris

set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 2292
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz

Boot
snd.force_headset force the use of wired headset, so how do you want to get earphone speaker and mic working with that ... ?

radi0chik

Nov 12, 2007
Dallas, TX
www.radi0chik.com
i've already installed it...

but i've problem with the screen....when i touch the top screen,but the bottom side response it, when i touch the bottom screen, the top side response it...

any suggestions?

Yes, read the first post. It says "If you mis-calibrate your device: Boot back into WinMo, delete ts-calibration file from your SD card, and re-run Haret!"

You weren't paying attention when you loaded it the first time. it runs through a calibration screen. You have to touch the white dots and it'll calibrate it. So go delete the ts-calibration file and then reload android. it'll have you cal it again.

kaybegod

Apr 23, 2009
Can not wait for sound.

I would like to start by saying thanks to all the developers working on this. I can not wait until there is a fix for the sound on the Sprint TP2 version. It would be nice to know when I can hear a phone call come in

apax

Mar 1, 2008
first off, thank you developers on making this possible....
i have a question before i install this app...if i install this app, will i be able to turn this off and on (if i like to switch back to flo3D and iphone today, in the today plugin)

thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all, we've got a new release for you tonight.

No it's not Gingerbread :(

XDAndroid 2.2.1 Build FRX04 is out now.

It includes 3D improvements from [acl], as well as synchronizing the minor changes from the upstream Android froyo branch. System image and OTA package are both available from the above link.

Thanks!
    Folks, I'm pleased to announce our first public testing release of XDAndroid Gingerbread.

This is a work-in-progress build, of course. But it is also already well-refined. Performance is on-par with or improved from Froyo in most cases. Core system applications are mostly stable.

KNOWN ISSUES:
    • Google Apps will behave badly from time to time (arrrghhh noted blank window issues, for example)
    • GPS is not working (driver needs to be reimplemented) and Location services are generally missing as well
    • Accelerometer support is missing (driver needs to be reimplemented)
    • Bluetooth is not working, even on TI devices (crashes when activating - disabled in this build)
    • Other functionality and stability issues will occur

The system image is available for download immediately at http://files.xdandroid.com/system-gingerbread-testing.ext2.zip. This has been signed with our release keys, which means you might be able to use a froyo data.img with it, but this is in no way supported (it's a testing build after all). If you have issues with previous data images, start fresh and try again before reporting issues.

If you are going to use this build, please report issues via our IRC channel or bug tracker. Thanks!

And go easy on arrrghhh. It's tough answering the same questions over and over! :D
    Another release!

This time it's the Froyo branch. We've got build FRX05 available for download now. This is a minor release with a major new feature. :)

The short list of changes from FRX04 to FRX05...

• Camera support - both photo and video capture (without sound currently) are working. This depends on kernel support, so only Rhodium and Topaz are supported currently. Huge thanks to Jerome Bruneaux (viruscrazy on XDA) for basically doing all the work.
    • Switch build variants from engineering to user-debug for slight speedup.
    There's no OTA update.zip this time. I accidentally got rid of the FRX04 target files, needed to generate the incremental patches.

Thanks for using XDAndroid!
    [12/11] Updated version of FRX03 Package

XDAndroid2.2.1.FRX03.Froyo.121110.zip

Contains:
    • Version 2.2.1 FRX03 system.ext2 (taken from xdandroid.com)
    • Latest RootFS (rootfs-20101115-42b44e2)
    • Updated Kernel to Dec-11 (htc-msm-linux-20101211)

Hi guys. I hope this isn't stepping on any toes with the XDAndroid maintainers but I have put together a rebuild of the FRX03 archive package because it was becoming painful to watch how many people were just installing the old cab version of FRX03 (Froyo 2.2) from Project Android page. :eek:

Even though the setup utility will automatically update the kernel and rootfs, it still doesn't fix the broken system.ext2 that is in that cab (you have to go and get that manually from xdandroid.com). Furthermore I have updated the kernel to the Dec-11 release that (AFAIK) will not be available to the utility until the glemsome autobuild is working again.

I realise that we have just had an unofficial Dec-16 kernel pop up in the 3d driver thread (and I am testing that right now) but since it is only a few hours old I didn't want to put that straight into this package.

Hopefully this will help a few folks getting started with FRX03 :)

EDIT: Oh, I just realised that something I did not change (even though I probably should have) is the default 700MHz overclock that this package already had in its startup.txt (don't blame me, I didn't put it there). If you use the startup utility, make sure you go into "Advanced" settings and consider disabling OC until you have tested without it ;)
    FRX04 packages now. :)

Was going to do it yesterday but my birthday party started very early. LOL

Also manually updated the kernel update tool, you guys should all be seeing a new update for today. :D

http://reefermattness.scepterr.info/XDAndroid2.2Froyo.012211.rar

http://reefermattness.scepterr.info/ProjectAndroid2.2Froyo.012311.cab