FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] Official ViPER4Android Audio Effects (FX v2.5.0.5) - New Features & 7.0 Support

4,134 posts
Thanks Meter: 14,607

By zhuhang, Recognized Contributor on 15th March 2013, 05:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd July 2016, 07:13 PM |#23121  
Flag Newburgh
Thanks Meter: 136

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardedhero

What player?

Google Play music, YouTube, various games, V4A reports Processing: No.
2nd July 2016, 07:34 PM |#23122  
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 2,285

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CZ Eddie

Do any other platforms have this issue?

Moto X Pure on Marshmallow.

You can supposedly use V4A to increase volume level/output gain.
But it doesn't actually increase it.
It simply makes it so full volume is at like 6 out of 10 on the volume slider instead of 10.
So full volume at 10 on the volume slider is the same SPL, it does not get louder.

I tested with an SPL meter and a test tone.

• Test tone without V4A = 90db at 3 inches from the meter.
  • Test tone with V4A = 90db at a lower volume level and does not increase any higher than 90db.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer2329

That's called gain.
2 main places places to change gain
1) playback gain control
2) At the bottom, master gate limiter

Make the gain to loud and all you will get is garbled audio. Or you may blow cheap headphones.

Thank you, but yes I did adjust gain in #1 and #2 of your post prior to making my post above. And I'm not using cheap headphones. I'm using a high quality speaker and 100 watts.
The problem is not garbled audio. The problem is Bluetooth volume does not get any louder. It simply gets loud sooner.

Can anyone help?
2nd July 2016, 09:46 PM |#23123  
Flag Little Rock
Thanks Meter: 23,875

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by usafle

Google Play music, YouTube, various games, V4A reports Processing: No.

Uninstall driver and delete or uninstall v4a after rebooting from the driver uninstallation in case the installation script of the zip doesn't target your current installation during the removal portion of the zip installation. Simply flash with no wipes and report your status after setting everything up.
2nd July 2016, 10:41 PM |#23124  
Flag Newburgh

More
Quote:

Uninstall driver and delete or uninstall v4a after rebooting from the driver uninstallation in case the installation script of the zip doesn't target your current installation during the removal portion of the zip installation. Simply flash with no wipes and report your status after setting everything up.

Not sure if I am supposed to flash that first zip you sent after flashing the V4A zip? I've flashed the V4A zip and didn't wipe cache.
Still the same. Processing: No.

Even after flashing your original zip (libeffectproxy) after the V4A zip still the same. Processing: No

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuska

Finally... I'm using this method..

Work... Stock Music.. Playerpro (no DSP plugin).. Pixel Player..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=3072183

Maybe you can take a look.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Thanks. Can't do all that at this time. Currently traveling and don't want to risk making a mistake with screwing up permissions on files and boot looping the phone with no way to recover it.
2nd July 2016, 10:48 PM |#23125  
Flag Little Rock

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Not sure if I am supposed to flash that first zip you sent after flashing the V4A zip? I've flashed the V4A zip and didn't wipe cache.

Even after flashing your original zip (libeffectproxy) after the V4A zip still the same. Processing: No

Did you delete MusicFX or something? Storage permissions enabled through v4a's App Info page? Something is very wrong as I've built various v4a installations with Nexus 6 since the phone came out and to this day. What does Driver Status show? I was assuming everything looked correct except for Processing: No.
2nd July 2016, 10:55 PM |#23126  
Flag Newburgh

More
Quote:

Did you delete MusicFX or something? Storage permissions enabled through v4a's App Info page? Something is very wrong as I've built various v4a installations with Nexus 6 since the phone came out and to this day. What does Driver Status show? I was assuming everything looked correct except for Processing: No.

This is what I get (had musicfx named as musicfx.bak from someone's previous instructions. Renamed it to .apk and rebooted)

Everything says it's fine except for the processing:no

Tried to restart the install process from scratch after renaming musicFX but apparently your zip file turns V4A into a system app? I was able to remove the driver however.

I'm going to stop at this point until I hear back from you. Don't want to cause confusion.
I'll be in a plane for the next six hours so won't be able to respond or tinker for a while.

So I reinstalled the driver and after reboot I see this:

HOWEVER as soon as I start playing anything it returns to "Processing: No"
Freaking nuts.
3rd July 2016, 01:31 AM |#23127  
Flag Little Rock

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

This is what I get (had musicfx named as musicfx.bak from someone's previous instructions. Renamed it to .apk and rebooted)

Everything says it's fine except for the processing:no

Tried to restart the install process from scratch after renaming musicFX but apparently your zip file turns V4A into a system app? I was able to remove the driver however.

I'm going to stop at this point until I hear back from you. Don't want to cause confusion.
I'll be in a plane for the next six hours so won't be able to respond or tinker for a while.

So I reinstalled the driver and after reboot I see this:

HOWEVER as soon as I start playing anything it returns to "Processing: No"
Freaking nuts.

OK, it's starting to make a bit of sense now. The instructions resulting in Music.bak is a terrible suggestion and unfortunately, it sounded intriguing enough and has caused a /data conflict. I suggest enabling MusicFX in:

Settings > Apps > Menu > Show System > MusicFX > Enable

after a reboot if you still need to rename to /system/priv-app/MusicFX/MusicFX.apk or set apk permissions to 0644. Before rebooting again after you've enabled MusicFX, delete the following folders from /data:

/data/data/com.android.musicfx
/data/data/com.vipercn.viper4android_v2

After booting having done everything above, set up v4a again and test audio playback processing. Whenever it's convenient for you, let me know how you're doing at that point.
3rd July 2016, 02:47 AM |#23128  
Flag Bandung
Thanks Meter: 353

More
Quote:

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Thanks. Can't do all that at this time. Currently traveling and don't want to risk making a mistake with screwing up permissions on files and boot looping the phone with no way to recover it.

Make a nandroid backup first would be safe.

1. Download audio_effect.conf.zip
2. Rename audio effect.conf to .bak
3. Copy audio effect.conf from zip and set permission 644
4. Freeze adapt sound and sound alive with Titanium backup.
5. Install Viper or if you already install it.. Uninstall driver. Reboot.
6. Install driver.... Reboot
7. Done.

That's what i do.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
3rd July 2016, 11:52 AM |#23129  
Flag zaanstad
Thanks Meter: 245

More
Hey guys I switched a Rom a days ago.
On my previous Rom viper was the default equalizer trough the whole system.

Now on this 6.0.1 Rom the Samsung equalizer is the main one.

Is it possible to 'turn off' the Samsung one and make viper as the main?

Tnx for the support

Sent from my SM-G903F using XDA-Developers mobile app
3rd July 2016, 01:03 PM |#23130  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdx10

Hey bro its me again. Just flash via custom recovery the zip file i attached below. This is not my work. Big thanks to @guitardedhero. hope it works with you

F..... ME
Okay so this file have worked for me before but now after installing official 5.0.1 rom it makes recovery do the restart...
I use TWRP recovery and when im trying to flash this zip file it makes restart of recovery WTF?
I got 5.0.1 soft + root by CF AUTO ROOT + TWRP recovery other than that everything is like in oficial rom can somebody help me?

Why is it so hard to install this app on official rom?
3rd July 2016, 05:19 PM |#23131  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi all,

I can't find my Viper4Android folder anywhere after installing it and the drivers. I have tried to find it with various file-explorers including the default system one and ES file explorer (root access enabled). I even tried installing the Viper4Android app from the Play Store, but no luck, no folder. Can't put my IRS files anywhere!

- SElinux set to permissive btw
- Root access granted for the necesary apps
- Busybox installed

Oneplus One with Resurrection Remix Marshmallow and TWRP.

Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
best settings, convolver, cure tech+, fx xhifi, irs impulse response sample, settings, viper4android v4a, virtual headphone surround engine+

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)