FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] [4.2.2] [ No-name CM10.1 nightlies ] [ Standard & Linaro ] [TF101 / TF101G]

2,243 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,448

By josteink, Senior Member on 21st February 2013, 02:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th June 2013, 10:20 AM |#1001  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oslo

More
I've looked into the tabletUI thing, and that seems to be an issue with auto-patcher.

It crashes and does bad things. I've reported it to auto-patcher, but I see others have done that as well already. We'll see when it gets fixed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to josteink For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift josteink Ad-Free

29th June 2013, 10:37 AM |#1002  
Flag Tarnów
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Hi, josteink

I just installed Your latest stable build. Everything is working fine right now, but it's to early to say anything . Quick question though, your rom doesn't support Exfat on micro sd. Is it because of rom or kernel ?. I guess it kernel related but want to be sure.
29th June 2013, 10:41 AM |#1003  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oslo

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zboq

Hi, josteink

I just installed Your latest stable build. Everything is working fine right now, but it's to early to say anything . Quick question though, your rom doesn't support Exfat on micro sd. Is it because of rom or kernel ?. I guess it kernel related but want to be sure.

Latest builds has extra support. Just use those

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
The Following User Says Thank You to josteink For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift josteink Ad-Free
29th June 2013, 10:49 AM |#1004  
Flag Tarnów

More
On it, thanks. It does say in the op that exfat is supported by the 23.06.2013 build and that got me confused a little couse that's the one I installed

Edit: Nope, it still doesn't work. I installed latest build, latest kat kernel and have a 64GB sandisk card. When I plug it into tablet, I get the message saying that card is empty.
29th June 2013, 11:19 AM |#1005  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oslo

More
Quote:

On it, thanks. It does say in the op that exfat is supported by the 23.06.2013 build and that got me confused a little couse that's the one I installed

Edit: Nope, it still doesn't work. I installed latest build, latest kat kernel and have a 64GB sandisk card. When I plug it into tablet, I get the message saying that card is empty.

Dont install katkernel seperately. It's already baked in. Installing it seperately replaces the stuff and modules we have which ensures that we do have exfat support.
29th June 2013, 11:36 AM |#1006  
Flag Foshan, China
Thanks Meter: 1,926

More
Hi Josteink,

I see that Samsung is on the verge of releasing android 4.3, any idea when CM would move towards it and what the extras (if any) would be for our beloved tf101?

Sent from my Transformer using xda premium
29th June 2013, 11:41 AM |#1007  
Flag 127.0.0.1
Thanks Meter: 269

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinaboy5216

Hi Josteink,

I see that Samsung is on the verge of releasing android 4.3, any idea when CM would move towards it and what the extras (if any) would be for our beloved tf101?

I don't think it's a good idea, we'll probably have problems with NEON support...

Regards
29th June 2013, 11:55 AM |#1008  
Flag Tarnów

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by josteink

Dont install katkernel seperately. It's already baked in. Installing it seperately replaces the stuff and modules we have which ensures that we do have exfat support.

Ok, so how can i go back to your kernel ?. I already installed latest build without installing the kernel afterwards.
29th June 2013, 11:56 AM |#1009  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oslo

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinaboy5216

Hi Josteink,

From what I've read, 4.3 is still "jellybean" and there doesn't seem to be an earth-shattering amount of changes.

That said:

- CM wont touch this until there is a AOSP source drop. So far there hasn't been any.
- From source-drop to a CM-release based on that source can take anything from weeks to months
- Once the CM-team has something about based on 4.3, chances are there will be no official support for the TF101, just like it was with 4.2.
- If we're lucky, the changes between 4.2 and 4.3 wont be that major and we will be able to keep on maintaining a compatible device-tree so that we keep up to date.

This is all speculation and DON'T consider this me making any promises about anything
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to josteink For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift josteink Ad-Free
29th June 2013, 11:58 AM |#1010  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oslo

More
Quote:

Ok, so how can i go back to your kernel ?. I already installed latest build without installing the kernel afterwards.

If you installed the latest build, you should be all set. Have you tried unmounting and remounting the Micro SD-card after boot?

Worst case scenario, you can't make it work no matter how, I'll give this a try myself. I personally commited code to make this thing supported, and it would be a shame if it doesn't work out of the box
29th June 2013, 11:59 AM |#1011  
Flag Foshan, China
Thanks Meter: 1,926

More
Maybe a stupid question but what is the whole story with the NEON thing? I have no idea what it is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magissia

I don't think it's a good idea, we'll probably have problems with NEON support...

Regards

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.2, cm10.1, jellybean, tf101, tf101g

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)