My XPERIA SL Won't START . HEEELP!!

Search This thread

michael1125

Mar 30, 2014
Hello.
I Have a sony xperia sl. Today i tried to update my android to 4.4.2 kitkat. I rooted my mobile and then i tried install a ROM from this forum from recovery mode. For about an hour it was starting (appears just the sony logo), so i restarted it (power button + volume down). Now it don't want start. No signals of life...I tried to charge the battery but nothing...Please heeelp me :-s, what can i do now?
Sorry for my bad english.

wxl104

Aug 11, 2011
shut down your cellphone,and go to fast mod,insyall the bootimg from the rom,and then goto recovery,install the rom,and reboot.I think it is OK

Sent from my Xperia S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

lowks

Feb 18, 2014
Hello.
I Have a sony xperia sl. Today i tried to update my android to 4.4.2 kitkat. I rooted my mobile and then i tried install a ROM from this forum from recovery mode. For about an hour it was starting (appears just the sony logo), so i restarted it (power button + volume down). Now it don't want start. No signals of life...I tried to charge the battery but nothing...Please heeelp me :-s, what can i do now?

try using sony update service. it is the safest way to recover.

chrissiong

Jun 16, 2012
Hello.

did you unlock your bootloader? Unlocked bootloader allows you to flash the custom kernel for your phone and it is vital for booting up custom rom like cyanogenmod, paranoid android, slimbean, etc. Every rom need a correct kernel for it successfully boot up, for example, if you are using stock rom(original rom from sony), you will need stock based kernel for it:) .Ok, now get back to the topic, you said that your phone had boot failed after installing a custom rom and only sony logo shows up. That means your kernel is stock kernel and not match with your rom so thats why your phone wont boot up. You will need to flash the boot.img included in your rom.zip before flashing the rom. Now try this tutorial to recover your phone:D http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1849170

Last edited: