xperia sd card fix remount sd as internal

Search This thread

nosmaster

Aug 12, 2010
here i have a fix for xperia phones that are not allowing the users to use there sd card correctly.for this fix you need to have root

before attempting this i advise you do the following as i hold NO responsibilty
1. backup any files that require modification
2. make a full backup.zip and move this from sd to pc
3.backup all of your apps from internal memory so that after the change you can restore all app data to the "new" internal storage

assuming you have root and follow above

use any root explorer to browse to system/etc
find vold.fstab and rename to .bak
download vold.fstab for your device
transfer to phone (internal or sd)
use root explorer to copy file from (where you placed it ) to system/etc
reboot phone
recover all app data
now sd card should be working fully as internal storage

if you require a fix for the phones not here please send me vold.fstab and i will modify the file

Please note these files for the moment are for stock ICS

Last edited:

santhosh5639

Oct 3, 2010
Mangalore
LG G6
Realme 5 Pro
I think u must change the permission of the copied file to rw-r-r.... Is it not necessary....???

cant use sd card as MSC connectivity... Works only MTP connectivity...???

It is like swapping internal memory to External memory and vice verse rite...??

Reck1993

Apr 14, 2012
Phnom Penh
Sorry for question , but I don't really understand what it need to fix? Could u explain?

Sent from my ST27i using xda app-developers app

nosmaster

Aug 12, 2010
Sorry for question , but I don't really understand what it need to fix? Could u explain?

when using the sd card on the xpeira go the sd card wont be used for apps as standered all apps and app data are sent to the inernal
memory and not to your sd card this means when you have filled your small internal memory (4gb) no more apps games can be downloaded if you find that this is the case you can use is this to swap your sd card and internal memory around so that if u have a 32gb sd card like i do you can use this to store all the information on your phone (as you hope to be able to do with your sd card )

nosmaster

Aug 12, 2010
the files on this thread is modified it was worked for other goes do you mind sending me your vold.fstab and i will have a look

v4n3llu5

Jun 26, 2012
I agree it works on Xperia Sola. But what happens when I pull out my sd card from phone? One more question - how to return to the state before the change? I suspect that I know how but I prefer to make sure :p

Last edited:

nosmaster

Aug 12, 2010
I agree it works on Xperia Sola. But what happens when I pull out my sd card from phone? One more question - how to return to the state before the change? I suspect that I know how but I prefer to make sure :p

you have to turn phone off to safely unmount the sd card to restore deleate the file and restore the old backup you made

spectrun00

Nov 13, 2012
not working

not working on my xperia go
i followed all the step given

on find vold.fstab and rename to .bak
- firstly i renamed as vold.bak

-then after not working i tried rename as .bak only (thought it would be work)

should i remove sd card files and rename ext_card as sd card
anyone can help me?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

nosmaster

Aug 12, 2010
rename it vold.fstab.bak and then move the file from the zip file to ur system/etc reboot the phone (all the apps that were installed on the internel memorey wil not work you need to back up the apps first before you swap them over

Reactions: Wayhome

spectrun00

Nov 13, 2012
rename it vold.fstab.bak and then move the file from the zip file to ur system/etc reboot the phone (all the apps that were installed on the internel memorey wil not work you need to back up the apps first before you swap them over

still not working..i had followed with proper step
i tried many times and transfer all my data from sdcard to ext_card
when i reboot, i opened the game and the data games i have to redownload back, whereas the data already on ext_card

Last edited:

nosmaster

Aug 12, 2010
after swaping the files and rebooting try going into recovery and wipe cashe and davik then reboot seems like your phone hasnt re read the system folder

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    here i have a fix for xperia phones that are not allowing the users to use there sd card correctly.for this fix you need to have root

before attempting this i advise you do the following as i hold NO responsibilty
    1. backup any files that require modification
    2. make a full backup.zip and move this from sd to pc
    3.backup all of your apps from internal memory so that after the change you can restore all app data to the "new" internal storage

assuming you have root and follow above

use any root explorer to browse to system/etc
    find vold.fstab and rename to .bak
    download vold.fstab for your device
    transfer to phone (internal or sd)
    use root explorer to copy file from (where you placed it ) to system/etc
    reboot phone
    recover all app data
    now sd card should be working fully as internal storage

if you require a fix for the phones not here please send me vold.fstab and i will modify the file

Please note these files for the moment are for stock ICS
    changelog

28/11/2012
    added xperia j

8/12/2012
    replaced xperia go file

21/12/2012
    added xperia sx (untested please give feedback)

when using the sd card on the xpeira go the sd card wont be used for apps as standered all apps and app data are sent to the inernal
    memory and not to your sd card this means when you have filled your small internal memory (4gb) no more apps games can be downloaded if you find that this is the case you can use is this to swap your sd card and internal memory around so that if u have a 32gb sd card like i do you can use this to store all the information on your phone (as you hope to be able to do with your sd card )
    I'm trying to use this in the new fxp 201 version but everytime i try to use it the phone gets stuck at the boot logo and the Ext sd card in the recovery gets unmounted with no way to mount it back since it says there is an error mounting it.. Any help? TIA

Works like a charm on fxp 201 and Xperia Sola - you just need to change every entry of 'ext_card' in the new vold.fstab to 'external_sd' (as that is the path fxp uses). Tested, works
    please redownload the mod file for go and follow the instructions as normal seems that somehow the original file i uploaded was the unmod version