[ROM][4.4.2][OFFICIAL][d710] MoKee OpenSource Project

Search This thread

htrowpiks

Nov 1, 2012
cornfield
I have tried both 1-31 and 1-29 releases and I cannot get into APN settings. No voice dialer, even when I put it in the zip before flashing. Any ideas? Besides using a different MMS service? Also hangouts won't let me into APN either.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk

copota

Jun 29, 2012
USA
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Thanks for these great builds. I installed the latest, and so far so good.

A few questions...

1. I see a bunch of apps listed in the app drawer, I believe in Chinese or Japanese. Do we need them? If not, how can we get rid of them?

2. Do we need to install the Mokee Gapps? If so, why? Do they provide some extra necessary functionality?

3. Can we use PA GAPPS with this? I installed PA GAPPS mini, and it seems to work well, so far.

Thanks for your continued support!

HighxVoltage

Nov 24, 2013
Thanks for these great builds. I installed the latest, and so far so good.

A few questions...

1. I see a bunch of apps listed in the app drawer, I believe in Chinese or Japanese. Do we need them? If not, how can we get rid of them?
No. Titanium backup.
2. Do we need to install the Mokee Gapps? If so, why? Do they provide some extra necessary functionality?
No and no. It's the same thing as any gapps. Except without the google apps. (With the exception of the Play Store)
3. Can we use PA GAPPS with this? I installed PA GAPPS mini, and it seems to work well, so far.

Thanks for your continued support!
Of course, any Kitkat gapps will work just fine.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: copota

dirtyhewr

Jul 28, 2013
Tallahassee, FL
Anyone have any luck with the OTA updates? Mine don't work

Edit: for some reason it just started working... Lol

Blacked Out Mokee Rom 4.4.2
ART/Crossbreeder/OC/UV - 1.4/-25mv

Last edited:

kthomson205

Jan 11, 2013
The 'Ham

Nah, ota hasn't worked for me either. How did you get crossbreeder installed? I get error 7 every time. Says something about error setting permissions.:what:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dvargas2000

Aug 24, 2010
St. Louis, MO
MMS/SMS issue

Anyone having an issue with sending texts? I've tried the built-in MMS app, Google Voice, and GO SMS Pro. In each case, the message stays queued and not sent until I am in a wi-fi setting. Tried toggling from Wi-Fi to Data several times, but it seems to not pick up a data signal. Come home, and all the messages send once I am connected to wi-fi? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any help. This is the second Kit-Kat rom I've tried, and I seem to have this issue of SMS sending with each one.

Last edited:

dirtyhewr

Jul 28, 2013
Tallahassee, FL
Nah, ota hasn't worked for me either. How did you get crossbreeder installed? I get error 7 every time. Says something about error setting permissions.:what:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I don't use the recovery that comes with the ROM... Always had problems with it for some reason... Installed TWRP... never had a problem again...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

gamepro602

Feb 7, 2013
Mesa

Nah, ota hasn't worked for me either.

Funny it worked for me?

eredyvyv.jpg

? Powered By My Moga Pro ?

SuperGoober

Oct 7, 2013
Anyone having an issue with sending texts? I've tried the built-in MMS app, Google Voice, and GO SMS Pro. In each case, the message stays queued and not sent until I am in a wi-fi setting. Tried toggling from Wi-Fi to Data several times, but it seems to not pick up a data signal. Come home, and all the messages send once I am connected to wi-fi? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any help. This is the second Kit-Kat rom I've tried, and I seem to have this issue of SMS sending with each one.

Just for the heck of it try 8sms one time from the play store . Make sure you go through the setup .

lJesterl

Nov 7, 2008
problems with any 4.4 rom

I cant past the boot screen of any 4.4 rom. I rooted my epic d710 fl24 and used mobile odin to flash e4gt-el29-directboot and since the version of CWM was 2 old (5.x) i wiped everything and flashed hood pope to get a newer CWM, i wiped everything and flashed villuminati originaly and could not get past the cyanogen loading guy, it just spun and spun and spun after 3 flashes. I wiped everything and found this rom and liked it better so i tried this one instead. Same thing here I am stuck on the splash/loading image of the pig just blinking his eyes. I have been on that screen for about 30 minutes. I had ICS stock FL24. I dont know if its the radio, the kernal or the file structure of my system. I used the e4gt format zip to format and fix my structure. I have never had this much problem with a phone

lJesterl

Nov 7, 2008
It booted just fine for me, what files did you flash exactly

? Powered By My Moga Pro ?

It had ICS on it stock with FL24 Modem/Kernel. Since my last post I held pwr + vol down to get into odin on my phone and used SPH-D710_FL24_CL1173404_REV2_Rooted_Nodata.exe to restore myself to stock. I installed mobile odin and used E4GT-EL29-directbootCWM-v3.tar.md5 to have CWM recover but it was way 2 old to flash 4.4 so I used it to flash the hood pope rom just to get a higher version of CWM, i used HOOD-POPE-10012013-d710.zip but even after just flashing the hood pope which is 4.3 it wont even boot past the splash screen. The only thing that ever boots past the splash screen is when I first ever restore my phone back to factory settings and its ICS.

Anyone still have the files they used to go from stock to mokee?

MonstaDriva

Aug 13, 2013
It had ICS on it stock with FL24 Modem/Kernel. Since my last post I held pwr + vol down to get into odin on my phone and used SPH-D710_FL24_CL1173404_REV2_Rooted_Nodata.exe to restore myself to stock. I installed mobile odin and used E4GT-EL29-directbootCWM-v3.tar.md5 to have CWM recover but it was way 2 old to flash 4.4 so I used it to flash the hood pope rom just to get a higher version of CWM, i used HOOD-POPE-10012013-d710.zip but even after just flashing the hood pope which is 4.3 it wont even boot past the splash screen. The only thing that ever boots past the splash screen is when I first ever restore my phone back to factory settings and its ICS.

Anyone still have the files they used to go from stock to mokee?

Don't despair , I think you just need to put el29 back on and don't worry about wiping right then , boot into el29 and flash one of the last two hood popes , not the older one your using . I think something was changed after that one with cwm because it never worked for me either . Use either Nov 22nd or possibly the one right before . After you flash it you can either boot hood pope or just go right back into recovery then you start wiping . first time I would reset data , go to mounts and system and format system , go back and wipe cache and then advanced and wipe dalvik . You don't have to do it in that exact order but I do usually wipe data first thing then the rest I do randomly . Let us know how it turns out or if you need more help . Your doing everything exactly right but are just using the wrong Hood Pope in my humble opinion .

Last edited:
Reactions: lJesterl

ttakacs

Mar 16, 2008
Don't despair , I think you just need to put el29 back on and don't worry about wiping right then , boot into el29 and flash one of the last two hood popes , not the older one your using . I think something was changed after that one with cwm because it never worked for me either . Use either Nov 22nd or possibly the one right before . After you flash it you can either boot hood pope or just go right back into recovery then you start wiping . first time I would reset data , go to mounts and system and format system , go back and wipe cache and then advanced and wipe dalvik . You don't have to do it in that exact order but I do usually wipe data first thing then the rest I do randomly . Let us know how it turns out or if you need more help . Your doing everything exactly right but are just using the wrong Hood Pope in my humble opinion .

If you continue to have problems with hood pope, flash the latest blasphemy kernel instead, boot into recovery and follow monstadriva's instructions from that point.

Reactions: lJesterl

lJesterl

Nov 7, 2008

Thank you so much guys! This evening I will give it a **** and let u guys know :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer:
    Code:
    All the firmwares, custom ROMs, official firmware updates, mods and tools mentioned here belong to their respective developers/owners.

You will be doing everything at your own risk. 

We nor the developers cannot be held responsible if you end up damaging or bricking your device.

UCEYFux.jpg

Introduction:
    MoKee OpenSource is based on the Google AOSP. We update our source code frequently to keep up with the latest development, and not forgetting to merge in special features of our own at the same time.

A small group of people from around the world who are interested in Android launched this project on the 12th of December 2012, and is committed to make this ROM better and better. Like most contributors of open source projects (Omni, CyanogenMod, Slim AOSPA etc), we are doing all these in our free time as our passion...:)

Since this project is open source, anyone interested can participate in the development (maintain new devices, contribute code etc). Newcomers are always welcomed! :)
    Read here for developer application; with this, you can host your unofficial MoKee builds on our server!

Features:
    • Odexed for faster performance (only in official releases, nightlies are deodexed)
    • Incremental updates
    • OTA updates - update on the fly!
    • Native exFAT support (Samsung devices only)
    • ListView animations
    • Multi window
    • Calendar - with lunar and solar calenders
    • Lunar calendar in lock screen
    • Task switching sidebar in recent apps (the list will increase if you install supported apps)
    • Bulk SMS recipients
    • Adjustable SMS font size
    • SMS sending delay
    • Smart dialing
    • Speed dialing
    • IP dialing
    • Custom carrier name
    • Network speed in status bar (upload and download!)
    • Built in timer in Apollo - determine when to stop playing music
    • MoKee NotePad
    • MoKee Setup Wizard
    • Active Display
    • HALO
    • Adjustable navigation bar height
    • Unique Power Saver functions!
    • Custom screen off animations
    • Smart capture

** Not yet merged
    • PIE control
    • Auto hide status bar
    • Preview option in launcher (similar to the preview function in launchers found in Play Store)
    • Many more! Since we are constantly adding new features, see changelogs to keep updated!

Screenshots
    The screenshots below gets outdated very fast! :D

MK44.x:

2tFSpek.png

35Y6QnH.png

tREm3P6.png

Multi-window:

6iphQej.png

ttUH12L.png

Screen Off Animations:

Scale down:

Fade out:

Unique features:

iyfbYjN.png

niT3NgO.png

NXzewkN.png

uM3Pk5Y.png

8Ma5v9o.png

7T938OH.png

Feature-rich settings:

WyJyDcc.png

g0s06G9.png

8tRw9gq.png

zIPB7Zj.png

wv7XQo3.png

DyxER9x.png

Links:
    Official Site:
    http://www.mfunz.com

Google Plus Community (join us for faster response!):
    https://plus.google.com/communities/112433388317801966872

Statistics:
    http://stats.mfunz.com

Bug Tracker
    http://issues.mfunz.com

Changelog
    http://changelog.mfunz.com

GitHub
    http://github.com/MoKee

Kernel Sources:
    https://github.com/MoKee/android_kernel_samsung_d710

Code Review:
    http://review.mfunz.com

Officual Releases (usually once per week):
    MK44.x:
    Removed - temporarily down

Incremental Updates For Official Releases:
    http://download.mfunz.com/ota.php?target=MK44.2-d710-140207-RELEASE&owner=&device=d710&type=release

MoKee Gapps(4.4.x):
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407566631

Installation Instructions:

1. Wipe data/factory reset
    2. Format /system
    3. Flash ROM
    4. Flash MoKee Gapps
    5. Reboot

Issues with themes:
    Please refer here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2577469

Donations:
    All donations will be used for bandwidth, you can see the current bandwidth usage here:
    http://traffic.mokeedev.com
    Current rate is 6TB per/month, extra at USD0.02/GB

So yea, show some "MoKee lurve" here:
    http://www.mfunz.com/en/donations :D

Credits:
    - MoKee Developers: http://www.mfunz.com/en/contributors
    - CyanogenMod
    - AOSP
    - Koush for open-sourced SuperUser
    - ParanoidAndroid for HALO
    - Slim Roms
    - OmniROM
    - @basketthis for the hosting space and build bot! :D
    - @omkarsathe92 for the videos! :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    MoKee OpenSource Project, a ROM for the Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Contributors
    Ryuinferno, martincz,mtb3000gt
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information

Created 2014-01-29
    Last Updated 2014-02-10
    Nightly downloads now available,,,enjoy
    New build released all up coming builds will be odexed for optimal performance enjoy
    I just tried doing this from my phone which is currently running Calkulin's E4GT v3.0 [ EL29, I get an installation aborted using clock work recovery...

Where does one get the proper modem or how does one avoid this? I'd love to try something new..

Thanks,
    -Nigel

Thumb through the E4GT KitKat ROM threads, and your question will be clarified!;)

Sent from my GT-P3110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app