Search This thread

rohan32

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2011
New Jersey
rmathur.com
pax3u3k.png

paranoid_notabf8j0a.png

To be honest, this is not tablet mode at all, it has nothing to do with silly build.prop hacks. This is the first and only Android rom to feature true Hybrid mode. This rom lets you scale and project every app, every widget, even systemcomponents individually. Remember, android is modular, everything is an app: Lockscreen, navigationbar, dialogs, popups, keyboards, widgets, and your regular apps of course. Apps have the capability to switch into various designs or layouts according to the device they run on. This can result in a complete new experience as many apps will transform to the better.
Now for every element that you like chose a mode (PhoneUI, Phablet/Nexus-7UI, TabletUI) and/or a size. You are 100% independent of the system DPI which runs nicely in whatever value it has been assigned to. You do not need to boot your device into a certain DPI. Neither will most of the changes you apply require a reboot. You will not suffer from the myriads of troubles which normally haunt you under build.prop tablet mode. Your market, etc. will all work, apps won't shrink on you unless you shrink them yourself. This project will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the feel of it.

Video of this ROM in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp-JMBshwzE (thanks denversc!!)

Donate to me here

paranoid_instructions4zkp3.png

• Download Zip: Rom: http://goo.im/devs/rohan/evita/pa
  • TWRP: YOU NEED TO FULLWIPE IF YOU WERE USING ANOTHER ROM BEFORE
  • TWRP: Flash ROM ZIP
  • TWRP: Install Zip: Gapps: Download (find the latest one that carries the "jb" tag)
  • TWRP: Wipe Cache Partition
  • TWRP: Wipe Dalvik Cache & reboot
  • Edit your DPI settings to your heart's content!

paranoid_hintsu4kjw.png

paranoid_troublernbsn.png

• If you have an issue and you want to call our attention, here's what you do:
  • 1. Try everything you can, find solutions for yourself. Wipe caches, revert all your settings you have made, go back to your stock Kernel, factory reset if you have to or reflash the rom. Assume that the issue is on your side and try your best to isolate it.
  • 2. Search this thread and Cyanogenmods aswell (its our base) for possible reoccurences of your issue and hopefully solutions that may have come up.
  • 3. If you think the issue is important enough that we should cease our work and look into it, post your issue, BUT ...
  • ... stay friendly, do not demand anything, do not threaten
  • ... explain your issue as precise as you can, name the exact apps and conditions that cause trouble, help us to replicate the issue right away. If we can't there's no way we can fix it and your post will simply clutter the thread
  • ... collect evidence, keep in mind this is a developer thread so even if you are not one, do us the favor and research how to record logcat. logcat is the single most important help you can give us to resolve your issue.

paranoid_creditsjkkeh.png

• thanks to h8rift for CM10
  • thanks to xkonni and intervigil for their ville work
  • ParanoidAndroid Team
  • Cyanogenmod Team

Last edited:

rohan32

Nov 27, 2011
New Jersey
rmathur.com
I saw that ParanoidAndroid has released their sources, so I decided to port this sucker since I was bored and looking for something a little different :)
This is 100% compiled from source, as the ParanoidAndroid team has open sourced the ROM (finally!! :D)

Be sure to install the ParanoidPrefrences APK so that the Paranoid Settings part of Settings doesn't force close for you!

Last edited:

jhnsok

Jan 2, 2011
Rohan32, not to be creepy but Ive followed your development all the way from the hp Touchpad days.
You have truely grown.

Last edited:
Reactions: jphilippon

CirgioD

May 24, 2012
Washington
Rohan, thanks a lot for being bored and bringing this to our 1X...was hoping for some dev to port it :D:D:p
Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

XsMagical

Apr 13, 2011
Ft. Myers
RobbysLife.com
damn i had this cooked up last night and was going to post it but i didnt want to step on benjamin.j.goodwin toes but i guess there are no rules on xda, Congrats on the post :)

Last edited:

filthyfnj24

Jul 5, 2009
Only been playing for about 20 minutes and already love it. Either battery reporting is broken or I'm in for some phenomenal battery life. It hasn't dropped one % and I'm really hammering away setting everything up. Idk if this is a cm10 bug or not but led only blinks red for me.

Edit: light is fully functional, just took a reboot. Unfortunately battery life is looking to be right about what I was expecting from a jb rom. I slept for about 6 hours and it dropped 6%. I know 1% an hour isn't terrible but I've been spoiled by viper and king cobra, where I'd lose 1 maybe 2 % after 8 hours. Also, my battery held 100% for over 20 minutes of screen time then after began plummeting :( I love paranoid android so I'm making a nand now and will follow this thread closely. Thanks rohan!

Last edited:

timlambo

Jun 17, 2010
Looking forward to the development of this rom.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

rohan32

Nov 27, 2011
New Jersey
rmathur.com
damn i had this cooked up last night and was going to post it but i didnt want to step on benjamin.j.goodwin toes but i guess there are no rules on xda, Congrats on the post :)

Ah man my bad, isn't know that or else wouldnt have released it!

Did you build from source or use apktool? If you source built I would be more than happy to work with you :)

Also, anyone notice any issues so far? I don't use this ROM as my daily driver so I won't have much interaction with it.

Reactions: ChongoDroid

rohan32

Nov 27, 2011
New Jersey
rmathur.com
Only been playing for about 20 minutes and already love it. Either battery reporting is broken or I'm in for some phenomenal battery life. It hasn't dropped one % and I'm really hammering away setting everything up. Idk if this is a cm10 bug or not but led only blinks red for me.

It blinked green for me when I was testing it, is your battery low or something?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    pax3u3k.png

paranoid_notabf8j0a.png

To be honest, this is not tablet mode at all, it has nothing to do with silly build.prop hacks. This is the first and only Android rom to feature true Hybrid mode. This rom lets you scale and project every app, every widget, even systemcomponents individually. Remember, android is modular, everything is an app: Lockscreen, navigationbar, dialogs, popups, keyboards, widgets, and your regular apps of course. Apps have the capability to switch into various designs or layouts according to the device they run on. This can result in a complete new experience as many apps will transform to the better.
    Now for every element that you like chose a mode (PhoneUI, Phablet/Nexus-7UI, TabletUI) and/or a size. You are 100% independent of the system DPI which runs nicely in whatever value it has been assigned to. You do not need to boot your device into a certain DPI. Neither will most of the changes you apply require a reboot. You will not suffer from the myriads of troubles which normally haunt you under build.prop tablet mode. Your market, etc. will all work, apps won't shrink on you unless you shrink them yourself. This project will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the feel of it.

Video of this ROM in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp-JMBshwzE (thanks denversc!!)

Donate to me here

paranoid_instructions4zkp3.png

• Download Zip: Rom: http://goo.im/devs/rohan/evita/pa
    • TWRP: YOU NEED TO FULLWIPE IF YOU WERE USING ANOTHER ROM BEFORE
    • TWRP: Flash ROM ZIP
    • TWRP: Install Zip: Gapps: Download (find the latest one that carries the "jb" tag)
    • TWRP: Wipe Cache Partition
    • TWRP: Wipe Dalvik Cache & reboot
    • Edit your DPI settings to your heart's content!

paranoid_hintsu4kjw.png

paranoid_troublernbsn.png

• If you have an issue and you want to call our attention, here's what you do:
    • 1. Try everything you can, find solutions for yourself. Wipe caches, revert all your settings you have made, go back to your stock Kernel, factory reset if you have to or reflash the rom. Assume that the issue is on your side and try your best to isolate it.
    • 2. Search this thread and Cyanogenmods aswell (its our base) for possible reoccurences of your issue and hopefully solutions that may have come up.
    • 3. If you think the issue is important enough that we should cease our work and look into it, post your issue, BUT ...
    • ... stay friendly, do not demand anything, do not threaten
    • ... explain your issue as precise as you can, name the exact apps and conditions that cause trouble, help us to replicate the issue right away. If we can't there's no way we can fix it and your post will simply clutter the thread
    • ... collect evidence, keep in mind this is a developer thread so even if you are not one, do us the favor and research how to record logcat. logcat is the single most important help you can give us to resolve your issue.

paranoid_creditsjkkeh.png

• thanks to h8rift for CM10
    • thanks to xkonni and intervigil for their ville work
    • ParanoidAndroid Team
    • Cyanogenmod Team
    How to set the workspace mode

untitled-2jvzs3.png

How to change an apps Layout and size

untitled-1biqpb.png
    Just wanted to give you guys an update...

PA moved to a pure AOSP base instead of CM in 4.2, which makes my life very hard, as all the hardware that we have in our device by default isn't supported in AOSP. I spent the last 5 hours or so hacking together a build, going through error after error and i finally got it building and booting.

The new PA is called AOSPA (AOSP + PA)

Current issues are:

1) Virtual keys are always present... not sure if I can disable them somewhere in PA's overlays (probably can, havent played with it)
    2) No data (probably due to no APNs set, can change this by adding the AT&T PTA APN most probably
    Maybe more

I'll fix those two up and then release. Just wanted to say I finally got it booting today... very happy :D and now I can work on a pure AOSP ROM as well.
    Source for my device tree and stuff will take a LONNNG time since I hacked so many things to get it building. I'll also work towards getting us official again in 4.2.
    PA 2.55

PA 2.55: http://goo.im/devs/rohan/evita/pa

Changes:
    Show/hide PA Settings shortcut
    Updated SuperSU
    Various other CM updates and bugfixes; should be on par with CM 10.0 stable in terms of stability

This is the last release from the PA team before 4.2
    This build just became official :)
    http://review.paranoid-rom.com/#/c/110/

Well, that was a lot easier than AOKP to make official XD