How to Fix LG Security ERROR Issue.

Search This thread

kirstendec

Feb 21, 2016
I have a lg P760 which can't start the phone because of a security error. Also my lg can't connect my PC with a USB cabel. Are there any suggestions?

AirCombat

Oct 20, 2012
Toronto
aureliusr.mine.nu
Warning!

Everything seemed to be working fine -- I was able to get it into S/W Upgrade mode. Started the recovery process (by the way, you DO need a battery in, at least with the P769, or else the recovery process will halt when the phone tried to reboot).

Recovery process gets to %100, no problem at all. Now the phone is COMPLETELY bricked. Black screen, can't even get it into S/W recovery again. Connecting to USB just creates a USB connect/disconnect loop, and Windows says it is unrecognized.

Good ****ing support of your phones there, LG. What a load of ****. So glad this isn't my phone -- I was smart enough to stay with Nexus devices. Haven't had a single problem with any of them -- no Security error bull****, no stupid bloatware.

v=X=v

Jul 17, 2016
My computer doesn't recognize my phone. When i turn on the S/W upgrade mode, my computer give me message: "Your phone is damaged. Remory cannot be able to use". I got the "Security error" because of flash Clockworkmod.img by Flashify program. I can't even turn on my phone, because after the "Security error" disappear, my phone turn off. What should i do? Please help me!!! :(

t5678

Aug 11, 2016
If all goes well you should have a fully functioning factory restored LG phone.

1) Does this factory RESET/WIPE?

2) Or you mean just restore, as in fix the OS?

I do NOT want to factory wipe.
I just need to fix the OS to get past boot screen & security error. But I need to save my user data.

Please advise. Do these steps do 1 or 2?

xBane_

Feb 12, 2017
I cannot install the support tool.
It says that mfc100.dll is missing, and i tried redownloading and reinstalling and it still wouldn't work.

ShaivalShah

Mar 21, 2017
Phone not getting into S/W upgrade mode

I have followed steps mentioned and installed Mobile Support Tool, then installed USB driver and then went on to connect phone to PC using mircousb cable.
I have tried all 3 options, 1st pressing VOL- and then inserting microusb cable. 2nd pressing VOL+ and then inserting the cable
and lastly by pressing both VOL keys together and then inserting usb cable. but then none of the things seem to be working , as phone is not getting into S/W upgrade mode. :(

I observed that phone is getting frequently connected / disconnected with the PC and PC keeps on providing alerts of device connected / disconnected. Please help

madcat1990

Sep 27, 2012
Hamilton
Worked on my P870.

To get into S/W Mode just have your phone off, then turn it on (With a USB Cable connected) and press VOL UP+DOWN at the same time

beluah72

Jul 10, 2017
I have a LG-k371 I did a update on it last night was working fine today I went to power on it acting normal for second then says security error it keeps powering on and doing this over and over

grummel2005

Jul 25, 2012
Hello,
suddenly appears on my LG L9 (LG-P760) after the launch "LG Secuirty Error" and no further work.
what can I do?

LGMobileSupportTool I loaded >>> B2C188AppSetup.exe
Driver was installed for Windows 7 >>> LGUnitedMobileDriver_S50MAN310AP22_ML_WHQL_Ver_3.1 0.1.exe

if I now take out the battery press vol+ button and connect usb to computer comes shortly "S / W Upgrading Please wait while upgrading" then connects the phone in the support tool and then the connection dissolves immediately and the display is black again

if I let go of the button it stays black
if I continue to hold the button, the display will come from time to time and then go away again

I even managed to download the V20O_00.kdz from time to time (via the menu item "reset the upgrade error") but then the tool crashes after downloading the file and after unzipping it

would be really great if you could help me here

Thank you!!!!!
Martina

Last edited:

GentlemanGale

Feb 17, 2018
Howdy, I posted a new thread regarding my own problem with an Optimus L9 Security Error. The LG Mobile Support Tool tells me my device can only be updated OTA, and also that it is fully up to date. I have no idea what to try next because all of the guides that describe how to flash the stock MS769 ROM assume I can access my Developer Options in my Settings, but the device is of course stuck booting to the Security Error screen. I wen't into slightly more detail in my thread here:
https://xdaforums.com/optimus-l9/help/optimus-l9-ms769-security-error-please-t3750818

Apologies if creating a new thread was unnecessary. XDA, you are my final and only hope.
Thanks for any help in advance,
Gale

cobra1998

Dec 25, 2018
when I follow the downloaded program, will I lose everything on my phone, such as contacts, texts, etc?
I dont think I backed up my contacts
Thanks

vilson1980

Jan 16, 2016
p760

i have same problem too..... i try to upgrade my phone following your instrctions but on 50% stopt the update and my phone still show security error.... any sugestion please?

cryterion

Jun 7, 2015
Worked for me!

I know this was posted a long time ago, but just wanted to say this saved me after looking up how to fix this for two hours so thanks!

quangmsc

Apr 9, 2011
LG Tool stuck.JPG

Downloaded the attached rar file in the sticky post and installed but the update is stuck forever.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have made this tutorial due to me not finding any other tutorials on fixing the problem presented in this guide. Dear admins if there is another guide on how to fix this problem please feel free to do what you must to this thread. Thank You

First of all is if you have the security error problem on your phone I can assure you that it is NOT bricked and can be fixed.

Also I am not and will not be accountable if this guide does not fix your phone. I also will not and should not be held accountable if this guide is to further damage anything of your phone.

PROCEED WITH CAUTION; Please Pre-Read this guide and understand it before proceeding.

Okay so I will guide you through on how to fix the security error problem most people have on their LG devices. I had encountered this problem on my friends LG MS769 (Optimus L9 – MetroPCS). This guide should work for mostly any LG phone.

This happened to me when I was flashing a custom recovery for the phone. I had successfully rooted the phone using a guide located at:

androidforums.com/optimus-l9-all-things-root/759935-how-root-metropcs-l9-lgms769.html

By following the above guide you will be able to successfully root and install SuperSU on you LG MS769. But keep in mind that even though it will root the phone is will NOT, I don’t know how to emphasis this as much, it will NOT: Unlock the BootLoader, Flash a custom recovery, or let you install a Custom Rom.

But let us come back the topic at hand. Okay so to fix this problem we will need the following.

• LG Mobile Support Tool -- B2CAppSetup.exe -- Attached
    • A reliable Internet Connection
    • A computer with Windows XP/Vista/7/8 – (Untested on Windows 8)
    • TIME and PATIENCE --- We will be downloading a file about 500MB give or take some.

Okay let us begin in our endeavors of fixing our problems. :)
    1. First use the below download link to download the LG Mobile Support Tool
    2. After downloading that place it on your desktop and run it as administrator
    3. After you run B2CAppSetup.exe it should automatically open the Mobile Support Tool, if not there should be a new .exe created on the desktop called LGMobile Support Tool just double click and open that.
    4. Let the program update and install any necessary files that it requires. (It should automatically start to update and install, it should just prompt you with a UAC window)
    5. Once you see the program open, click on the Install USB Driver button on the top left-hand side
    6. Then a new window will come up asking for you for the phones carrier and the phones model number.
    7. Once you are successfully done installing the drivers, we can proceed to the restoration process of the phone
    8. Okay now we need to put the phone in S/W Upgrade Mode.
      a.Remove phone battery, if it does not have a removable battery make sure phone is off
      b.While holding down the VOLUME (DOWN or UP or BOTH) BUTTON(S) insert the microUsb in the phone while also having the USB side connected to the computer already. (To enter S/W mode it varies phone to phone which volume buttons must be pressed, try all three options)
    9. Once the phone is in S/W Upgrade Mode the computer will start to install the drivers and the LG Mobile Support Tool will automatically detect it and start the restore process
      a.Keep in mind that this process takes its time and should more than likely complete successfully giving you a working phone
      b.NOTE: I have read some people calming that the process gets stuck at 4% and does not go on. If it does happen to get stuck at any percentage let it stay there for a while and see if it does go on, if not I would recommend retrying once on the same computer and if it still does not work I would give a second recommendation to try on another computer. Other than that I would suggest you contact you phone carrier or LG. :(

If all goes well you should have a fully functioning factory restored LG phone. Congratulations!!!!

Hope this guide was of help and I wish you best of luck in your further endeavors. :good:
    I have the same problen and ican not enter download mode did you fix it or not?

yeah fixed it. you must use LGMobile support tool, download it and install it on your computer, open it and click update drivers, choose the right driver for metropcs lg optimus l9 and install it. now you you have to enter s/w mode on the phone to do that take battery out to turn it off and put it back press and hold volume up while plugging it to your computer don't release until I switch to s/w mode ( or may be volume down I don't quiet remember, try both).
    once connected let the tool detect it then press "option" then choose "update and restore" now kick back and let it do its magic until it finishes rebooting.
    hope that helps good luck.:good:

Thanks for the information but to enter S/W update mode I think after remove battery your should hold VOL+ then connect usb cable, not VOL-. Plesae update this, I'll link it in my signature:good:
    Thanks I looked this up and fixed the instructions above :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
    Security Error corrected!

Thanks for this info! I was able to update the SW from the LG Support Tool program but I had to switch to another computer to do it, and after several tries it finally took.

For this LG-P769 I had to hold the volume up button with the battery out and it went into the SW update mode on the phones screen. The update stopped after 33% update and I had to disconnect and install the battery, start the phone and let the Security Error extinguish, then plugged the USB cord back in and click the retry button of the tool, then it updates. Yes!

Note, wait until the phone reboots to the normal operating screen even though the tool says its done. This tool approx. 2 more minutes.

The phone is no longer rooted but it kept all the original apps except "Superus".