[APP] [ROOT] [4.4+] Emoji Switcher

Search This thread
I was searching for something today that resulted in my locating this app and it definitely intrigued me for sure.

I took a look within the apk and the Source Code (within the Github repository) and I had located what's going on regarding the Malformed URL Error.

The app obtains the Emoji file(s) from a URL that no longer exists. This is why the app isn't working as designed.

It looks like the bad URL has been down for quite a long time AND it even looks like the OP Dev hasn't been updating the app on Github nor has been on XDA for quite some time as well.

It seems to me, personally, that this is pretty much an abandoned project...

With the Source Code on Github, I'm pondering, myself, whether or not to pick up on this project as a continuing development but, I haven't made any ultimate decision yet.

Sometime soon I'll do a little dabbling with this via Github and see if it's something I would consider picking up using an alternative URL.

Hmmm...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UNLESS asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Commodore 64.

Reactions: xj0

schnitz76

Jan 18, 2015
Woke up this morning to find a play protect warning saying this app is a click fraud app and I should uninstall it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181229-035141-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20181229-035141-01.jpeg
    83.3 KB · Views: 238
Woke up this morning to find a play protect warning saying this app is a click fraud app and I should uninstall it.
If you've got the version installed that's directly from the developer/trusted source (meaning not from a 3rd party) then you should select not to notify you again (aka ignore) and double check that the Play Protect didn't disable/remove it.

One of my developments (The SELinux Switch App) kicks in the Play Protect as well and the users of that app has to disable the Play Protect.

One of the reasons why the Play Protect is (more than likely) doing this is because this app is not from the Play Store and/or (basically) from a source that Google doesn't have some type of control over (in one form or another).

I'm still interested in continuing this development myself but, at this time, I've just been involved with a handful of "time consuming" projects and such.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UNLESS asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Enigma Machine {aenigma = Latin for "Riddle"}.

Reactions: jayden2009

xj0

Nov 12, 2015
I was searching for something today that resulted in my locating this app and it definitely intrigued me for sure.

I took a look within the apk and the Source Code (within the Github repository) and I had located what's going on regarding the Malformed URL Error.

The app obtains the Emoji file(s) from a URL that no longer exists. This is why the app isn't working as designed.

It looks like the bad URL has been down for quite a long time AND it even looks like the OP Dev hasn't been updating the app on Github nor has been on XDA for quite some time as well.

It seems to me, personally, that this is pretty much an abandoned project...

With the Source Code on Github, I'm pondering, myself, whether or not to pick up on this project as a continuing development but, I haven't made any ultimate decision yet.

Sometime soon I'll do a little dabbling with this via Github and see if it's something I would consider picking up using an alternative URL.

Hmmm...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UNLESS asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Commodore 64.

That would be much appreciated. When I have some free time I'll try messing around with it but I have very little android app experience.

Top Liked Posts