[Q] USB Driver w/ adb support for XE16.11 on Windows 7

Search This thread

hedgehogjim

Apr 28, 2014
I'm unable to see my Glass device with the Android adb utility on Windows 7 since updating to XE16.11.

When I connect Glass to my laptop I'm able to see the Glass file system as one would expect but running "adb devices" shows no connected devices. I am able to connect Glass to my Mac successfully and have it be visible to adb.

When Glass was running under XE12, I was able to see it on Windows through adb using the modified USB driver at this URL ([www_androidfilehost_com/?fid=22979706399752791).

With Glass running XE16.11, adb is not working whether I use the standard Google USB driver or the modified driver that worked with XE12. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Glass version: XE16.11
Laptop: Windows 7 64-bit

Thanks,
Jim

celblazer

Dec 28, 2010
I'm unable to see my Glass device with the Android adb utility on Windows 7 since updating to XE16.11.

When I connect Glass to my laptop I'm able to see the Glass file system as one would expect but running "adb devices" shows no connected devices. I am able to connect Glass to my Mac successfully and have it be visible to adb.

When Glass was running under XE12, I was able to see it on Windows through adb using the modified USB driver at this URL ([www_androidfilehost_com/?fid=22979706399752791).

With Glass running XE16.11, adb is not working whether I use the standard Google USB driver or the modified driver that worked with XE12. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Glass version: XE16.11
Laptop: Windows 7 64-bit

Thanks,
Jim

You have do download the latest SDK There is a new driver in there for Glass. It's adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20140321

hedgehogjim

Apr 28, 2014
You have do download the latest SDK There is a new driver in there for Glass. It's adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20140321

Thanks Celblazer...

It turned out that I was ultimately able to get things working by resetting Glass, deleting the USB driver associated with it and then just reconnecting Glass to laptop. The automatically installed driver ended working just fine then.

Thanks again,
Jim