Clock issue

Search This thread

nickydash

Mar 24, 2008
Hey guys for some reason the calender icon no longer shows up next to my clock. Im not talking about the tab icon in the corner im talking about the actual bigger icon....no idea why can anyone help

outerdepth

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 13, 2008
Memphis
the calender icon next to my clock no longer shows up . Not the tab icon in the corner im talking about the actual bigger icon....

Yeah, I can help you, but WHAT icon do you want. As you can tell your statement contradicts itself. So which icon doesn't show up, the one next to your clock or the Bigger icon. You said the calendar icon next to you clock no longer shows up, but you want the bigger icon, HUH?!?

nickydash

Mar 24, 2008
no it dosent contradict it self because in the corner of each panel theres a tiny icon and then next to the clock theres a big icon so i clafied that, i need the big icon right next to the numbers of the clock. it was a calender or soemthing please help its drivin me nuts

outerdepth

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 13, 2008
Memphis
I think I know what you're trying to say

First off don't be so quick to jab, you are coming here for help you know. I was just pointing out that what you said really isn't describing your problem correctly.

That being said. I think what you are referring to is your alarm. It has a picture and it's right next to your clock as you call it or the time display portion of your Clock Panel. Anyway, it only shows when your alarm is present. Try turning on your alarm and see if that does it.

If that is not what you are talking about, then the only other thing I could think of is that you mean your tiny icon could be your inactive icon or your active icon. These would require registry edits to put them back on your screen. You need to go to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome\Clock and edit where it says the icon paths are. Not hard to do. Also you might want to edit the HKLM\Security\CHome\Default Settings\Clock portion of the iconpaths. This should fix that. If that is your problem. Other than that, you're on your own. Unless you can articulate yourself better or in a fashion in which all can understand you or your dilemma!!

Cheers!:cool:

no it dosent contradict it self because in the corner of each panel theres a tiny icon and then next to the clock theres a big icon so i clafied that, i need the big icon right next to the numbers of the clock. it was a calender or soemthing please help its drivin me nuts

Slick619

Jun 23, 2008
San Diego, CA
Clock falls behind

I'm having problems with the clock falling behind. I go to sleep, wake up, and the clock is about 20-30 minutes behind. I'm running the 6.1 rom. Any help is appreciated.

l0lcats

Jul 18, 2008
First off don't be so quick to jab, you are coming here for help you know. I was just pointing out that what you said really isn't describing your problem correctly.

That being said. I think what you are referring to is your alarm. It has a picture and it's right next to your clock as you call it or the time display portion of your Clock Panel. Anyway, it only shows when your alarm is present. Try turning on your alarm and see if that does it.

If that is not what you are talking about, then the only other thing I could think of is that you mean your tiny icon could be your inactive icon or your active icon. These would require registry edits to put them back on your screen. You need to go to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome\Clock and edit where it says the icon paths are. Not hard to do. Also you might want to edit the HKLM\Security\CHome\Default Settings\Clock portion of the iconpaths. This should fix that. If that is your problem. Other than that, you're on your own. Unless you can articulate yourself better or in a fashion in which all can understand you or your dilemma!!

Cheers!:cool:

So are you saying that, with knowing the right key in the registry, one could change that dinky looking transparent music note on the Music panel to, say, something with more class? I have several icons at my disposal (as I'm sure most here do) and would love to change that icon...Also, the tiny icon on the upper left corner of the home panel just next to the carrier (T-Mo) is just a calendar...it was something different before I hard reset the phone with this ROM installed. If you know these keys, please list them! I'd appreciate it ever so much!

l0lcats

Jul 18, 2008
Just find the folder of the panel you wish to modify and look for the key iconpath, within that folder. Direct it to your own icon.

FYI export the keys just in case you goof up something, you can import them again ;)

I see where the string for icon paths entry reads 2401;2401...should I just change that to \Windows\music.png?

Last edited:

l0lcats

Jul 18, 2008
ok well...it changed the small icon in the title of the panel but not the main icon

I want to replace the WM6.1 default transparent music note with the png I have placed in windows...where do I alter that or can I?

showaco

Aug 10, 2007
Waco, TX
ok well...it changed the small icon in the title of the panel but not the main icon

I want to replace the WM6.1 default transparent music note with the png I have placed in windows...where do I alter that or can I?

Try going to the reg to and changing HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome\CMusic\Images\chMusic_noalbumart and the same in Security reg for chome. I think those change the big default icon that shows when no album art is present.:)

l0lcats

Jul 18, 2008
Try going to the reg to and changing HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome\CMusic\Images\chMusic_noalbumart and the same in Security reg for chome. I think those change the big default icon that shows when no album art is present.:)

Thanks for the tip. For clarity, I speak of the transparent music note that is positioned just to the left of "Play All Songs" within the panel. Now I can't believe it'd be too hard to spot. I've flashed my phone with Kavana's so those with that ROM can't have too different a panel!

On that note, pun intended, I may have found it due to your suggestion Showaco! I should have investigated more. I mean it was right there!

Last edited:

showaco

Aug 10, 2007
Waco, TX
Thanks for the tip. For clarity, I speak of the transparent music note that is positioned just to the left of "Play All Songs" within the panel. Now I can't believe it'd be too hard to spot. I've flashed my phone with Kavana's so those with that ROM can't have too different a panel!

On that note, pun intended, I may have found it due to your suggestion Showaco! I should have investigated more. I mean it was right there!

so it was the chMusic_playallsongs, :eek:Missed it by that - much.:D