[CDMA] Droid RAZR Utility 1.8 [WINDOWS]

Search This thread

mattlgroff

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
Original thread source: http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/t...y-18-windows-for-verizon-droid-razrmaxx-only/

vL0oM.png

Droid RAZR Utility 1.8
RoaP5.png

Now includes the latest Motorola USB Drivers (install them before doing anything!) AND RSD Lite 5.7. As well as failsafe batches in a seperate folder if you are getting user-generated issues or computer-generated issues .

Functions of 1.8:
  1. Fastboot Restore 6.16.211 (ICS 4.0.4 Official OTA Software). Put the phone into AP Fastboot mode and run the option. (Power the phone on with holding both volume buttons + power button.)
  2. Ice Cream Sandwich Root 4.0.4. This root exploit by the awesome Dan Rosenberg roots our ICS 4.0.4. Have your phone plugged in with USB Debugging enabled and the USB Mode set to MTP or Camera. (If Devices still not found, please factory reset your phone for the root to work, this is of course if installing the drivers did not work).
  3. Install Voodoo's OTA Rootkeeper App. With the phone booted and on USB Debugging enabled (not USB Mode Mass Storage as well), this will install the app.
  4. Install Bootstrap Recovery App (ICS version). With the phone booted and on USB Debugging enabled (not USB Mode Mass Storage as well), this will install the app.
  5. Install Safestrap Recovery App (ICS version). With the phone booted and on USB Debugging enabled (not USB Mode Mass Storage as well), this will install the app.
  6. Flash 6.16.211 boot img (official kernel). Put the phone into AP Fastboot mode and run the option. (Power the phone on with holding both volume buttons + power button.) [This option is to undo Option 7]
  7. Flash 6.16.214 boot.img (leaked kernel). Put the phone into AP Fastboot mode and run the option. (Power the phone on with holding both volume buttons + power button.)

Help! Blah blah is not working!
  • Read the instructions above.
  • Read the readme files in the Utility.
  • Read the 1.7 Help Thread.
  • Go into the chatroom.
  • Post in a help thread.
  • Please do not contact me directly your question has probably been answers a million times already
  • But if you have to... then I guess go for it. I prefer email to Private Message: mattlgroff@gmail.com

Download (md5 is: 6972C7F233883784928E53F562E4456A )

Thank you firmware team for your 211 Fastboot files, and thank you wheelintoy from droidrzr.com for pulling his webtop partition for this utility.

aaronr95

Feb 6, 2009
Illinois
Ahhhhh crap! I literally was flashing 6.16.211 using the 1.7 utility and waiting for it to get done when i just saw this thread. Oh well. It just started up on ICS so I'll use it.

sk842018

May 29, 2010
indiana
Hey matt. I used ur update.zip for leaked 214, well im trying to go back to stock so downloaded yout awesome as ususl utility. Before i used the utility my kernel date was the 29th. I done option 1 and after it was done i looked at system info and im still on 214 but the build date for kernel is the.14th. Any thoughts! I installed the new drivers also before. Ive used utility 1.6and 1.7. and never had a issue. Need to call Verizon and need my phone all stock. At end i choose to erase.all data also. Thank you for this!!!

Alleus

Nov 18, 2009
Temirtau
problem

after using step 1 from droid razr utility 1.8 my droid razr boot normaly to start screen where language choose, after pressing start button phone write please wait for a few minutes ... and do nothing, no main screen, and nothing help, i'm make full wipe and all i knew. Please help to resolve the problem / ps sorry for my english

[Cruzer]

May 19, 2008
San Diego
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Oh. Really needed the gingerbread utility I think it was 1.6 or 1.7. You should be able to get to recovery and wipe data/and couch and should boot up. Hold both volume keys and power to force reboot and as soon as it flashes off hold both volume keys again to get to recovery

ok so I need to redo 1 again... then when it gets to the exclamation error again.. hold done both volume buttons.. then wipe data and cache then it should boot??

did I get that right..thanks

rich

sk842018

May 29, 2010
indiana
ok so I need to redo 1 again... then when it gets to the exclamation error again.. hold done both volume buttons.. then wipe data and cache then it should boot??

did I get that right..thanks

rich

If done option 1 already shouldn't need too again. Hold power and both volume keys to force your phone to reboot and as soon as it flashes off hold both volume keys and when see android with chest open press both volume keys again and than press volume down to recovery and than volume up to select it and wipe and try and boot up after wipe. Is battery charged.good?

[Cruzer]

May 19, 2008
San Diego
Google Pixel 4a 5G
If done option 1 already shouldn't need too again. Hold power and both volume keys to force your phone to reboot and as soon as it flashes off hold both volume keys and when see android with chest open press both volume keys again and than press volume down to recovery and than volume up to select it and wipe and try and boot up after wipe. Is battery charged.good?

ok did all that.. and after it reboots again.. just see a black screen.. *note... in recovery screen.. said.. something like can't mount cache\recovery..*

sk842018

May 29, 2010
indiana
Oh. Really needed the gingerbread utility I think it was 1.6 or 1.7. You should be able to get to recovery and wipe data/and couch and should boot up. Hold both volume keys and power to force reboot and as soon as it flashes off hold both volume keys again to get to recovery

ok thanks will do

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

thanks update did it for me.. should put that on the OP page...

Rich

Ok spoke too soon... saw it finally writing to flash.. but now I still get a black screen.

Is it going all way through when do option 1? I know it takes a little time it should say you are stock 211 when finished

[Cruzer]

May 19, 2008
San Diego
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Is it going all way through when do option 1? I know it takes a little time it should say you are stock 211 when finished

yes its going through the menu no problem. before patch.. it wouldn't flash.. after patch to 1.81 it now flashes.. but after it flashes and reboots "just BlackSOD" haha.. long day.. am I suppose to be using 1.7 or 1.81 should do it for me.

Rich

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Original thread source: http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/t...y-18-windows-for-verizon-droid-razrmaxx-only/

vL0oM.png

Droid RAZR Utility 1.8
    RoaP5.png

Now includes the latest Motorola USB Drivers (install them before doing anything!) AND RSD Lite 5.7. As well as failsafe batches in a seperate folder if you are getting user-generated issues or computer-generated issues .

Functions of 1.8:
    1. Fastboot Restore 6.16.211 (ICS 4.0.4 Official OTA Software). Put the phone into AP Fastboot mode and run the option. (Power the phone on with holding both volume buttons + power button.)
    2. Ice Cream Sandwich Root 4.0.4. This root exploit by the awesome Dan Rosenberg roots our ICS 4.0.4. Have your phone plugged in with USB Debugging enabled and the USB Mode set to MTP or Camera. (If Devices still not found, please factory reset your phone for the root to work, this is of course if installing the drivers did not work).
    3. Install Voodoo's OTA Rootkeeper App. With the phone booted and on USB Debugging enabled (not USB Mode Mass Storage as well), this will install the app.
    4. Install Bootstrap Recovery App (ICS version). With the phone booted and on USB Debugging enabled (not USB Mode Mass Storage as well), this will install the app.
    5. Install Safestrap Recovery App (ICS version). With the phone booted and on USB Debugging enabled (not USB Mode Mass Storage as well), this will install the app.
    6. Flash 6.16.211 boot img (official kernel). Put the phone into AP Fastboot mode and run the option. (Power the phone on with holding both volume buttons + power button.) [This option is to undo Option 7]
    7. Flash 6.16.214 boot.img (leaked kernel). Put the phone into AP Fastboot mode and run the option. (Power the phone on with holding both volume buttons + power button.)

Help! Blah blah is not working!
    • Read the readme files in the Utility.
    • Read the 1.7 Help Thread.
    • Go into the chatroom.
    • Post in a help thread.
    • Please do not contact me directly your question has probably been answers a million times already
    • But if you have to... then I guess go for it. I prefer email to Private Message: mattlgroff@gmail.com

Download (md5 is: 6972C7F233883784928E53F562E4456A )

Thank you firmware team for your 211 Fastboot files, and thank you wheelintoy from droidrzr.com for pulling his webtop partition for this utility.

I can make one "soon"

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2
    Amazing :D

Thanks for sharing this ;)
    nice im gonna check it out
    http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/t...-verizon-droid-razr-and-droid-razr-maxx-only/

Go to that page. Its droid razr utility 1.82. And use that one

Sometimes it takes a while. If you have a good battery charge you could prob unhook phone and push power and it will most likely boot up. I'd download new utility even if it boots and run option 1 if on ICS. It sits there for a while it will eventually say finished you are stock 211. If have any other problems. Feel free to pm me.

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

I'd start downloading new utility anyways just in case. I had a problem where towards the end of utility running my daughter unhooked my phone and it booted up fine. I just booted up charged it a little more. Preferred 100%(at least no less than 50/60%). Than make sure USB debugging is still selected and than boot to AP FASTBOOT and run new utility.