Stop Waiting for TMO to Update to ICS!

Search This thread

gdwhite

Feb 9, 2011
Murrieta, Ca
If you are waiting for TMO to Update the Sensation to ICS you should stop waiting and update to ARHD. I am a ARHD user and have been applying each update as it comes down and have had no issues at all. Battery life has improved ten fold and Android 4.0.3 is great.

If you are concerned about the warranty issues with rooting, don't be. You are on the XDA forum, so I will assume that you have at least a basic understanding of how to operate your computer. It is a simple process and you would have to be a complete idiot to screw it up.

Take it from me, switch to ARHD and you will be beyond happy!

hdjx20

Nov 22, 2010
If you are waiting for TMO to Update the Sensation to ICS you should stop waiting and update to ARHD. I am a ARHD user and have been applying each update as it comes down and have had no issues at all. Battery life has improved ten fold and Android 4.0.3 is great.

If you are concerned about the warranty issues with rooting, don't be. You are on the XDA forum, so I will assume that you have at least a basic understanding of how to operate your computer. It is a simple process and you would have to be a complete idiot to screw it up.

x2 arhd is good stuff along with many other roms in the dev forum

demonsavatar

Mar 17, 2012
ARHD is Sense, 'tis not?

Yes, and the update from HTC will be Sense also...so no point in waiting? Getting off base install from TMO did wonders for the speed of my Sensation.

I know some people are concerned about losing Wifi calling, but it seems to work in ARHD and Virtuous ROMs just fine (btw Virtuous does NOT have Sense). I had one minor hiccup with it in an older ARHD version, but its stable now.

I was worried about losing my warranty, but if you follow the S-off/on procedure closely, you can revert your phone back to normal in case you need warranty service!

vasyllaw

Jul 13, 2011
Would love to update but the procedure seems extremely convoluted with unknown result. I am now trying to find a Youtube guide or something of this sort.

alireza_simkesh

Sep 4, 2005
Toronto
Im on ARHD right now but i would love to flash a stock ICS...problem is everytime i followed one of the guides out there i ran into a problem. I guess its because the guides are not for Sensation 4G.
Would be really nice if someone can put up a guide on how to flash a stock ICS on Sensation 4G tmo.

hortaja

Jul 3, 2010
Question for you all. My phone is stock. If I do one of these ICS ROMs, will that wipe out all the apps I have installed and their progress? Will it make my phone like brand new?

I'm ASSUMING if I wait for the T-Mobile ICS it will keep all of my apps and their info?

Thank you
Jerry

rebar71

Mar 26, 2012
Austin, TX
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 11
I got tired of waiting.

I tried AHRD first and it's good. I ran it for about a week playing with sebatian's and faux's kernels. I've been running Elegancia for the last week with Bricked kernel I like it more.

I want to try CM9 when it's fully operational for a pure AOSP experience. I also want to try a Sense 4 ROM, but I understand BT isn't fully functional yet and I need that in the car - and I'm reading bad reports on battery life at this point.

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

Question for you all. My phone is stock. If I do one of these ICS ROMs, will that wipe out all the apps I have installed and their progress? Will it make my phone like brand new?

I'm ASSUMING if I wait for the T-Mobile ICS it will keep all of my apps and their info?

Thank you
Jerry

Your data will be wiped and you'll be doing setup like a new phone.

Download Titanium Backup first and backup all your apps/data. You're apps should auto install after you flash the ROM - or you can install them manually. Then you can restore your app data from Titanium and your game progress will be back.

I don't know if waiting for T-mo's update will require the same backup or not. But give that firmware will be updated and a complete OS update, I don't see how your app data would be safe then either.

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
I don't know if waiting for T-mo's update will require the same backup or not. But give that firmware will be updated and a complete OS update, I don't see how your app data would be safe then either.

With a stock OTA update, the update is installed via the stock recovery. The stock recovery makes a backup first before flashing the update. After the update is flashed the stock recovery takes and installs all your apps and other data from the backup it made. This way when you flash the OTA the end user does not loose all their settings, apps, and personal ink saved on their device.

hortaja

Jul 3, 2010
With a stock OTA update, the update is installed via the stock recovery. The stock recovery makes a backup first before flashing the update. After the update is flashed the stock recovery takes and installs all your apps and other data from the backup it made. This way when you flash the OTA the end user does not loose all their settings, apps, and personal ink saved on their device.

Thank you so much for this info.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.