[APP][2.3+] Castaway for Chromecast

Search This thread

awjones

Sep 22, 2010
Hi All,

Castaway is a Chromecast app that I have been working on for a while now.

Castaway offers the following:

- Cast Google+ photos and videos from your Android device to your Chomecast
- Cast local photos and videos from your Android device to your Chromecast.

Please give it a try and let me know what you think.

Thank you!

XDA Video Review:
http://youtu.be/YRhYniIk5Sc

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.primetimedev.castaway.free

ohSiUyS3_6Q9m2DXef6KwmK-inPqkXFyCrucjyUvc_JYn4aHP8ncxpAM0lK0KclxWvU=h310-rw

QE2Jo5faLNu6Ebz2yAaQynlwgfm59sQWysFtz1CpSZD0yTJTREGZcVRtQx9wq0PFRIKr=h310-rw

Last edited:

zul8er

Jul 1, 2008
Why do I not get an option to connect to my Chromecast?

u6yru2ed.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

awjones

Sep 22, 2010

u6yru2ed.jpg

Is your phone on the same network as your Chromecast? Also, you may want to try to reboot your Chromecast. I had to do that a few times during development in order to see my Chromecasts.

Reactions: zul8er

zul8er

Jul 1, 2008
That worked. Thank you. Had to restart my device and my whole network, but it found it.

vamsi209

Nov 15, 2010
wow!!!tanks for this awesome app

has been totally waiting for this app!! thanx buddie ,and can you specify what all format videos can it play??

thanks again man

gooberdude

Oct 27, 2010
Uhm, DLNA works for me... also Samsung link and Miracast Airshare or MS WHDMI do a fine job as well. I just don't justify a buying a Chromecast for my tablet or phone. Though I am sure your app does a fine job for phones and tablets that are too old to have such things built in.

Alucai Vivorvel

Oct 8, 2011
Hamilton
Uhm, DLNA works for me... also Samsung link and Miracast Airshare or MS WHDMI do a fine job as well. I just don't justify a buying a Chromecast for my tablet or phone. Though I am sure your app does a fine job for phones and tablets that are too old to have such things built in.

Look, not everyone has or wants a new Samsung device. And if you don't even have a Chromecast and have no interest in getting one (I don't have one yet simply because they're not sold in Canada) then what are you even doing here? The developer obviously worked hard on this, just leave them alone and let them do their thing, whether you appreciate it or not.

At the developer: any plans on adding in music streaming in the future? Or does Google look down upon that? I know you're going to be busy adding in sorting and filenames for now. The fact that your app exists at all is pretty amazing, but streaming music would be a Godsend.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk

awjones

Sep 22, 2010
Look, not everyone has or wants a new Samsung device. And if you don't even have a Chromecast and have no interest in getting one (I don't have one yet simply because they're not sold in Canada) then what are you even doing here? The developer obviously worked hard on this, just leave them alone and let them do their thing, whether you appreciate it or not.

At the developer: any plans on adding in music streaming in the future? Or does Google look down upon that? I know you're going to be busy adding in sorting and filenames for now. The fact that your app exists at all is pretty amazing, but streaming music would be a Godsend.

Yep - I plan on adding another tab for music. Right now I'm just trying to let the dust settle a bit and fix any bugs that are reported. I am also researching the ability to cast photos from your G+ account.

awjones

Sep 22, 2010
Cast Google+ photos / videos

FYI - I just updated Castaway to v1.4... This version will allow you to send Google+ photos and videos to your Chromecast.

Please let me know what you think or if you run into any issues.

Thanks!

rogerchew

Aug 15, 2010
Awesome app man! been waiting for this. I tried the free version and wanted the ability to rotate videos, since all videos that i recorded in portrait mode were being played in landscape on the tv. i thought buying the full version would give me this option, but it didn't work. So i refunded.... bring the rotate video feature and I will purchase!

Duckie1217

May 20, 2012
Hi All,

Thank you!

XDA Video Review:

Is Tom Hanks in this? LOL. Just kidding. Really cool app. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All,

Thank you!

XDA Video Review:

Yep - I plan on adding another tab for music. Right now I'm just trying to let the dust settle a bit and fix any bugs that are reported. I am also researching the ability to cast photos from your G+ account.

u6yru2ed.jpg

Is your phone on the same network as your Chromecast? Also, you may want to try to reboot your Chromecast. I had to do that a few times during development in order to see my Chromecasts.