MIUI for Nexus 7

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Xiaomi just released a Beta MIUI V5 for Nexus 7 2013, maybe one of our talented devs can port it over?

Way ahead of you :good:

Been trying to get it to boot on the Grouper for about a week. I will let ya know how far I get with it in a couple days. May need some help on this one though since the devices are so different. Im really diggin that tablet UI though. About damn time Miui did that :p

Here are the screen shots if you want to see what it looks like: http://en.miui.com/thread-16879-1-1.html
    Coming soon, I promise. I'm fixing a keyboard bug at the moment then I will upload

Have at it! Let me know what you think

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2700212
    So I have good news and bad news.........

Good News = I finally got a logcat at boot!!!!

Bad News = I cannot yet decipher it so I have to reach out to the community over in the Q&A section.

Im still working on it boys and girls :)
    Can you say Miui v6 for the grouper? Finally!

Working out some very minor bugs but will be uploading as an alpha for now even though it seems really stable. Oh and it's based on KK 4.4.2 ;)

This would not be possible without the assistance of my buddy @pspunderground
    i think that the problem might be again with dalvikVM, it goes on until dalvik and then it's aborting VM ang goes on in loop again... of course it's as far as i understood from logcat
    Code:
    D/dalvikvm(  128): Trying to load lib libjavacore.so 0x0

D/dalvikvm(  128): Added shared lib libjavacore.so 0x0

W/dalvikvm(  128): Unable to register: not native: Llibcore/icu/ICU;.getBestDateTimePattern:(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/String;

E/dalvikvm(  128): JNI posting fatal error: RegisterNatives failed for 'libcore/icu/ICU'; aborting...

I/dalvikvm(  128): Can't dump thread 1: threadObj not set

E/dalvikvm(  128): VM aborting

F/libc    (  128): Fatal signal 6 (SIGABRT) at 0x00000080 (code=-6), thread 128 (zygote)

I/DEBUG   (  126): *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

I/DEBUG   (  126): Build fingerprint: 'google/nakasi/grouper:4.4/KRT16S/920375:user/release-keys'

i think it may be the same problem as from last_kmsg

I was actually able to get past this one. The issue was that the core.jar smali: Llibcore/icu/ICU was looking for this smali code:.getBestDateTimePattern and it didnt exist in the MIUI ROM so I swapped out the core.jar from the AOSP ROM and it fixed that.

Now I am getting error related to another smali in framework.jar. The weird problem is that I added the smali code but it still wont get past the error. I even replaced the entire file which should have worked because it was supposedly a non-required smali and it still throws the same error. I will upload the new logcat so ya'll can see it.