Found A Holster?????

Search This thread

amg212

Mar 29, 2006
New Jersey
Just got mine in NJ today. Outstanding build, beautiful fit. When the phone is put in with the top aligned with the clip (as I believe it is supposed to me) there is no problem getting to the USB port. All side buttons are completely accessible.

swayze1

May 10, 2006
Seidio Case received

I just recieved an e-mail confirming that my case was shipped... unfortunately I am out of town on business. As far as the quality goes, I think Seidio is probably the best with the holsters from my experience with a variety of holsters for the 8525 (Hermes). If anyone has gotten their holster for the Kaiser and has pictures, please post for us to see. I cant wait to check it out when I get back!

PS- I guess Seidio started shipping before the pre-order date on the site (11/19)

jbilbo

Oct 26, 2007
Birmingham, AL
Got mine today. Thank you Seido for a quality product! I didn't expect that I could use a thin skin (like InvisibleSHIELD) and still use the holster (included instructions make note of this). Now I got to figure our which one works best!

Note: The website does mention that this holster is meant for un-skinned Tilts which contradicts the instructions I received in the box.

TiltedAz

Oct 19, 2007
Mine came today too. I'm very happy with it. I'm working on my one handed release technique.

TheFuzz

Feb 28, 2006
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Just received my Seidio case today! This is exactly what I was hoping for. Buying the right case is so very subjective, but for me it is perfect. It has a very secure feel when the phone is clipped into the case. There is very little chance of it falling out. In fact the only way it could is if you inadvertently hit the spring loaded clip. The clip itself is very well made and has just the right amount of tension for keeping the phone secure. It clips easily onto your belt and keep the phone in a very neutral position. The belt clip rotates 90 degrees in both directions for horizontal carry. The interior part of the case, which is where the face of the phone would be resting is lined with heavy felt. More than enough to protect the phone. I would worry somewhat about it wearing out over time. The look of the case is matted black, definitely not shiny in any way.

All in all, this is an outstanding case, very well made and durable. Perfect match for those who want to carry the Tilt/Kaiser on their belt.

Also, I have the full body protection Invisibleshield on my device and this does not in any way interfere with the usefulness of the case. In fact, the rear shield adds a bit of glossy finish to the phone, so, it looks kind of cool in the case on your belt! At least that is my opinion.

Last edited:

pepeto2001

Nov 23, 2006

DancherBoi

Oct 19, 2007
Peoria, AZ
I am in the software development field. When anybody asks me if something is possible, my answer is always "Yes, anything is possible." But I always follow that up with..."If you have the right talent, money and time."

That being said, I have tried unsuccessfully before to modify a hoster for a different phone. I had money (to buy a new one after I screwed up the original). I had time. But was missing talent.

That being said, I have found it best practice to keep away from altering products so I find the product that best suits my needs assuming I will be living with it unaltered. You really have to look at the overall usefulness of the buttons you want exposed while still in the holster. For example, it's really not beneficial to have the camera button accessible while the device is in the holster because you are either blocking the lens or the screen depending on which way you have your device in the holster. The only caveat to that is if you have your camera button re-mapped to another function that makes more sense for it to be used while in the holster.

homegeek

Nov 17, 2007
After reading the reviews and watching the video review I have decided to try the holster. I hope this one is better then the Krussell case I tried.

Jun 26, 2007
Here is what I did with my Seido Holster, I wish that the Tilt had a notch on the back side of the battery cover so that perhaps the holster's would snap in there and wouldn't require a spring. Anyway, I thought that the top portion of the holster was too bulky. I modified it a little, what do you all think?

Attachments

• Seido1.jpg
    Seido1.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 102
  • Seido2.jpg
    Seido2.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 76
  • Seido3.jpg
    Seido3.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 79

TiltedAz

Oct 19, 2007
I'd guess that mod will make the spring loaded latch flimsier.

One change I'd prefer would be a more comfortable belt clip, like my blackberry for work. A bit wider and less protrusion into the belt/hip so there's slightly less potential pressure per square inch so to speak.

BennTech

Mar 10, 2006
Seidio Review with Pics

Finally got my review done with pics, available in this thread. Sorry it took so long, but I spent some extra time on the pictures so potential buyers could make an informed decision. Enjoy!

Cool mod, midyatspor1000! Don't think I'll make my latch narrower, but I might follow your lead and round over the tab a bit to reduce accidental openings (read my review--yikes!).

BennTech

Mar 10, 2006
As pictured, the phone sits in the holster face-out with the release tab on the phone's right side. The top left and bottom left corners of the holster extend upward to keep the phone in place against the release tab on the right. Looks like a tight fit with the PTT button on the top left.

The corners and the release tab have a very small overhang to hold onto the phone. The corners don't seem to extend very high or curve inward at all. Perhaps the overhangs slip between the screen and phone? That would potentially allow keyboard access while holstered, but seems like it will make insertion more precarious, not to mention making the overhangs very thin and fragile.

There's a triangular recess on the inside from the corners to the release tab. Through the camera and GPS cutouts you can see the top of the beltclip. If you look very closely in the middle of the triangle, you can see a very faint circle, which I presume matches a mount on the back for rotating the beltclip.

This has turned into a Seidio holster discussion, but following thompson's original post, this orginally started out with a post about a horizontal holster from Wireless Galaxy. Well, folks, yesterday I finally got the horizontal holster (it's actually a Wireless Solutions product).

All my above assumptions from the photo were accurate. The most notable is that the clips do indeed fit between the screen and phone, and thus, the Wireless Solutions holster allows slide-out keyboard access! In fact, unlike the Seidio, you have full access to every button and port!

Unfortunately, first impression of the holster is that it's crap. Feels cheap compared to the Seidio (but then again, it is cheap compared to the Seidio). :) The worst thing is that the tabs that allow keyboard access also pry the phone apart to an alarming degree. It's so bad that I keep my screen slid open about 2mm while it's holstered. Also, despite what I thought about horizontal holsters being easier to insert/remove, this one is not. It almost requires 2 hands to remove. For insertion, I always have to double-check that it's properly seated before removing my hand.

Besides the full button/port access, the only positive thing I can say about this holster is that they did a better job on the beltclip than Seidio. Both holsters have a similar wheel design, but Seidio's has raised ridges and side stiffners that scratch your belt, while this holster's wheel is smooth and rounded.

I'll do a full review with pics similar to my Seidio review in about 2 weeks.

Bronx31

Jul 19, 2007
NYC
I went to the Att store around my way and to my surprise, they had the exact same one, for $19.99. I went on and purchased it, since my Mogul holster I was using broke the same day. It works preaty well. the plastic is kinda of thin, but it holds the phone Damn well... I'm sure that it was made to put the phone in screen out. The way it turns on your belt is askward to me, the screen when turned on is facing the opposite way, but I think it's b/c of the keyboard being able to slide out, which works most beautifully by the way. I'm glad i purchased it. I've had it about a week, and have yet have the phone come out(knock,knock)..You can even take out the stylus, and have access to all ports. When the kb is out in the holster, I have NO problem typing whatsoever. I would highly recommend this. I have fat fingers, and work delivering bread, so I hit it alot. NO PROBLEMS!!