How good would a 32g sd work??

Search This thread

flipq88

Aug 11, 2011
Ok so im thinking of buying a 32g sd for this phone cuz i really wanna put all my music on my phone and i have like 10g of music, wondering how well it would work, Ive bought an 8g and 16g sandisk at walmart and both have worked great, anybody using a 32g on their s2?? What kind? Thanks
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

jmacdonald19

Jul 12, 2008
Minneapolis
I'm using one... the speed isn't great but for music and videos and also for nandroid backups and such, speed isn't so much of an issue. I got it on sale from Newegg (I think the brand was A-Data or something like that) for $40, but I got it a while ago.

Rod3

Jun 12, 2009
Fort Worth, Texas
Just bought an 32gb Class 10 Samsung micro SD from Amazon for $50. Swapped it into my phone this morning. No problems, speeds are class 10 or better (see pic using SD tools app).

Reactions: flipq88

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717
i have both the 32 GB and currently using the 64 GB as my daily driver

they both runs great

the speed of the SD is not determined by size, but by its quality and Write Speed

there is a sticky with benchmarks you can see which cards performs better

Ok so im thinking of buying a 32g sd for this phone cuz i really wanna put all my music on my phone and i have like 10g of music, wondering how well it would work, Ive bought an 8g and 16g sandisk at walmart and both have worked great, anybody using a 32g on their s2?? What kind? Thanks

meek420

Dec 2, 2007
NY
32gb all the way!

I bought 2 x 32GB cards (1for my GS2 and 1 for my gf's GS2) 28 each on ebay... Class 4 though, but works awesome. Great for titanium backups/music...going on vacation prob buy a 64GB for vid and pics.

xxKamikazexx

Nov 11, 2011
Arlington, Tx
I have a Samsung 32GB class 10 that I bought at frys for like a total of 35$ and havent filled it up. I put all my apps like mc3 asphalt 6 and all those big games on my sd card. And then I have like 16GB of music on my ext card and the rest I just use it for like nandroids, roms and theme back ups and and place for some video recording.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Teo032

Apr 6, 2011
California
That's only a class 4. There were a couple deals with higher classes for around the same price. I would suggest going at least class 6. I think the max that our phone writes is 8? Not sure on that one.. I have a class 10 but i normally use a usb adapter to transfer files which is blazing fast compared to the data cable way.

dave2metz

Oct 10, 2010
Clearwater, Florida
I just bought a 32gb. class 10 microsd. Everything seems to work ok, but when I try to flash a Rom or do a nandroid backup it fails. Do I need to do anything special? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm using one... the speed isn't great but for music and videos and also for nandroid backups and such, speed isn't so much of an issue. I got it on sale from Newegg (I think the brand was A-Data or something like that) for $40, but I got it a while ago.
    I have a Samsung class 4 32gb and I only have like 3gbs left on it. I have used it for the last few months in my T989 with zero issues :cool:
    Just bought an 32gb Class 10 Samsung micro SD from Amazon for $50. Swapped it into my phone this morning. No problems, speeds are class 10 or better (see pic using SD tools app).
    i have both the 32 GB and currently using the 64 GB as my daily driver

they both runs great

the speed of the SD is not determined by size, but by its quality and Write Speed

there is a sticky with benchmarks you can see which cards performs better

No problem with my 32GB Sandisk. About to jump onto the 64GB train