[Q] CandyCatt

Search This thread

si1entONE

Mar 28, 2013
Hello XDA World,

I have had my i717(AT&T) for few years and over those years used roms with no issues at all, anyone else having issues with candycatt besides the known issues of flicker and or camera? I installed this rom to instructions standards, and to my own haha (even uber version).

Q:please anyone have an issue or fix for no data (can place/receive calls and text) no internet unless wifi?
Other roms (old/new) even with no MD5 i still get data.

My Candycatt:
Pros:
Great Rom
Smooth and Fast
Not a battery destroyer

Cons:
No Data (for me)
Flicker (trying a fix/patch found in thread)
Random Reboots

Update 4/14 241pm: I was At&t contract then switch to go phone, i called them first because was not getting 4g LTE they fixed it on there end, guess the go phone card (new) stated i had basic phone....at that time i reverted back to blackstar x1 everything worked except minor issues guessing do to md5.

Sincerely,
a not so noob, but still a noob :)

Last edited:

captemo

Jan 13, 2012
Kentucky
Hello XDA World,

I have had my i717 for few years and over those years used roms with no issues at all, anyone else having issues with candycatt besides the known issues of flicker and or camera? I installed this rom to instructions standards, and to my own haha (even uber version).

Q:please anyone have an issue or fix for no data (can place/receive calls and text) no internet unless wifi?
Other roms (old/new) even with no MD5 i still get data.

My Candycatt:
Pros:
Great Rom
Smooth and Fast
Not a battery destroyer

Cons:
No Data (for me)
Flicker (trying a fix/patch found in thread)
Random Reboots

Sincerely,
a not so noob, but still a noob :)

are you T mobile?

sounds like you just need a different modem

si1entONE

Mar 28, 2013
are you T mobile?

sounds like you just need a different modem

Thank you for the quick reply, I am ATT and went from contract to go phone 4g LTE prepaid. I called them and fixed issue few days ago because was not getting 4g LTE service or Data...it was an issue on there end guess there updated info said i had a basic bell phone.

When i reverted back to Blackstar X1 data worked fine, but rom had issues not sure if MD5 error or due to new version of JB/KITKAT.

captemo

Jan 13, 2012
Kentucky
Thank you for the quick reply, I am ATT and went from contract to go phone 4g LTE prepaid. I called them and fixed issue few days ago because was not getting 4g LTE service or Data...it was an issue on there end guess there updated info said i had a basic bell phone.

When i reverted back to Blackstar X1 data worked fine, but rom had issues not sure if MD5 error or due to new version of JB/KITKAT.

everything is clean, yes?

si1entONE

Mar 28, 2013
everything is clean, yes?

Yes it is, fallowed step by step as usual and directed on thread. Since having issues and 3+ installs and no fixes I checked and cleaned all xboxes through latest twrp. After instruction step by step I tried so many ways haha. Wipe after zip flash, wipe after ROM boot the whole 9 yards.

My phone says 4g LTE and standard os settings reads ATT network, with out WiFi browser and Google play state no connection. When I get time I will send photos of important settings and issues with this ROM and old black star to prove DATA works on other ROMs.

Sincerely
This noob

si1entONE

Mar 28, 2013
Yes it is, fallowed step by step as usual and directed on thread. Since having issues and 3+ installs and no fixes I checked and cleaned all xboxes through latest twrp. After instruction step by step I tried so many ways haha. Wipe after zip flash, wipe after ROM boot the whole 9 yards.

My phone says 4g LTE and standard os settings reads ATT network, with out WiFi browser and Google play state no connection. When I get time I will send photos of important settings and issues with this ROM and old black star to prove DATA works on other ROMs.

Sincerely
This noob

Problem solved (ATT GoPhone Sim) into I717 that was contract phone....I still do not know if it was a CK issue or switching to GoPhone 4g LTE sim plan but APN was not set up.

Thank you for your time and effort,
si!entONE

Reactions: captemo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sincerely
    This noob

Problem solved (ATT GoPhone Sim) into I717 that was contract phone....I still do not know if it was a CK issue or switching to GoPhone 4g LTE sim plan but APN was not set up.

Thank you for your time and effort,
    si!entONE