LG G2 price drop after G3 and G2 phone durability

Search This thread

vklexer

Jun 4, 2012
Hello guys,
I was thinking about buying this phone, but recently i came across some info that this phone is EXTRA FRAGILE. I'm not a person that would want to replace my phone every year. Currently I have galaxy wonder, and i can say its not fragile at all. Dropped it more than 10 times and it still survives (ofcourse with a cheap 1$ case on it).
I've read that to break a g2, you just need to drop it 2 feet from the ground, and the screen cracks with no response to touch.

Also,
Should If i will buy this phone, should i expect a price drop after the May 27 when the g3 is released? Will the prices go down even further for the g2?

Thanks

geoff5093

Jun 13, 2011
I wouldn't say it's any more fragile than any other high end phone out there now. If you drop it without a case, chances are it will crack as the entire front panel is a solid piece of glass. I have a $10 slim case on my G2 and have dropped it several times accidentally, even from 5' on pavement, and it hasn't scratched it at all.

Retail prices most likely won't go down, but used prices probably will.

ossito2012

Jan 26, 2012
Rogers Park
I would agree with geoff5093. All phones should have a case including the HTC M7 & M8 and the S4 Active. I have been rocking the Slim Armor case from Spigen and dropped a few times without any problems whatsoever. The G3 from what I have read has a faux metal looking plastic body, that is the worst design in my opinion, why buy fake metal when I can get real metal in a HTC M8.

Rumored S5 Prime and Moto X+1 will be some serious contenders for phone of the year.

Sindroid

Apr 4, 2010
Bergen
Mine has dropped twice and not a nick or dent on it. Is how it hits that counts. Worst one is when it hits the floor FLAT. Kills screen instantly. Dropped my former M7 inside my locker at work. Hit a shoe and landed softly and i thought it was saved. Turned out the corner split apart. POS.. even had a thick flipcase. I like plastic better now.

As for price drop it is pretty ineviteable when a new model replaces it. But the G2 is pretty cheap today so i dont expect a major price drop. Also In fact it's one of the best second hand phones i have bought in terms of specs.

Last edited:

feza08

Sep 30, 2013
Ankara
i dropped mine a few times and nothing happened. but interestingly although lg uses gorilla glass, i have a loot scratches on my screen. i mean really a lot minor and major scratches. furthermore nothing similar happened to my previous phones which are nexus 4 and iphone 4. i even have scratches on my camera lens. but excluding this issue, yep its not that much fragile.

PloniAlmoni

Sep 1, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I dropped mine once while I was standing up with a cruzerlite TPU case. Nothing happened. It even bounced a few times. I don't recommend doing that but get a case...

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk