[Q] Root Help 2.2 Stock .6

Search This thread

Topgun966

Jun 11, 2010
Chicago
Had to replace my phone and it came with 2.2 the .6 stock. HOW CAN I ROOT THIS!! Its getting on my nerves. I have tried everything. I cant get the custom recovery to go and unlock the nand. PLEASE HELP!!!

M

MaliciousOne

You are screwed until someone finds a root exploit for 2.2

Sent from my EVO using XDA App

logie

Dec 19, 2007
Kalamazoo MI
I know how you feel.. Thankfully I got lucky in that my screen started coming up in the corners like adhesive wasn't working -- and when they swapped me out with another new unit (had been 10 out of 30 days) it had 2.1

kluster1999

May 25, 2008
My evo replacement came with 2.1 but when I rooted my phone, my nandroid would not restore.

I tried to format my sdcard but to no avail so I just did the OTA. Waiting on root just like you, brother.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

bigrushdog

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2007
I know how you feel.. Thankfully I got lucky in that my screen started coming up in the corners like adhesive wasn't working -- and when they swapped me out with another new unit (had been 10 out of 30 days) it had 2.1

I just got my replacement yesterday. I had waited 19 days! I booted up the phone in the sprint store, took a peak in software, and saw "2.1 update 1". I smiled and said "Thank you, sir".

anderd

Jun 15, 2008
Got my replacement today and it was of course a refurbed unit, but had 2.2 on it, so im in the same boat as the rest of you OTA'd guys lol. Sucks, as im impatient, but ill wait, dont think ill lose too much more of my mind between now and then :)

SilverZero

May 18, 2010
Two things you can do:

1) Start another thread asking if you can root 2.2. Those are SO in right now. Don't bother searching first, you'll just get confused by all the results.

2) Start another BOUNTY thread offering money you never intend to pay to the first dev who roots 2.2 for you.

That seems to be the route people are taking these days.

Topgun966

Jun 11, 2010
Chicago
Two things you can do:

1) Start another thread asking if you can root 2.2. Those are SO in right now. Don't bother searching first, you'll just get confused by all the results.

2) Start another BOUNTY thread offering money you never intend to pay to the first dev who roots 2.2 for you.

That seems to be the route people are taking these days.

lol my bad but CRAP there has to be a way to roll it to 2.1 :(