Sony Ericsson MW600

Search This thread

fezster

Apr 6, 2010
Just been reading that the MW600 works on the Nexus One, but not sure about the Desire ?

Also, is it possible to get the song info displayed using either the built in media player, or a third party one ?

Zappza

Nov 16, 2008
Please report if music is stuttering. I prefer to use bluetooth headsets for music, but if the A2DP stuttering issues are not fixed yet, I am staying away from them.

A|ex

Oct 8, 2008
Hong Kong
MW600 works fine as a music player and no stutters as such but i only listen for about 40mins each day. Still having a few issues with song information and odd controls using third party player.

meepmeep_

Apr 12, 2010
@A|ex : "odd controls using third party player"

What do you mean by that ?
Could you do this functions : next/previous song, play/plause, volume with the mw600 ?

rolandsch

Feb 8, 2009
Can anyone confirm that the headset shows the songtitle on the Desire?
thanks

I have a (pre-release) MW-600. I can confirm the songtitles are NOT displayed with any of the pre-installed players. Play, pause, next, prev,ffwd frev do work perfectly and the audio quality is very acceptible once u switched the earbuts (not sure if they'll be better in the retail package).
Also what is NOT currently supported is the 'low latency'-mode (A2DP without error correction). Therefore you can notice that audio and video (or games) are not perfectly in sync (a small audio delay is noticeable).
I am sure Android 1.6 in the Xperia X10 will have these issues covered, since MW600 is shipped together with it in some retail packages - hope SE will be kind enough to share these bluetooth profiles in Froyo ... (or HTC will catch up, afterall HD2 supports all of the mentioned above).

Last edited:

Zappza

Nov 16, 2008
I have seen the X10 used with the MW600, and phonebook lookup does not work on it either.

NazAbdm

Mar 28, 2010
MW600 works fine as a music player and no stutters as such but i only listen for about 40mins each day. Still having a few issues with song information and odd controls using third party player.

how do you stream music to MW600? I paired my MW600 to Desire, but when I play music there is no sound in the headset...

kenkarniff

Jul 8, 2009
I can confirm that SonyEricsson MW-600 bluetooth headset works beautifully with HTC Desire. Tried to see how far away I could play music (through Spotify) and it didn't make any hickups at all about 25 meters away!

sun-drop

Sep 17, 2008
i'm also having problems with my MW600

the desire will pair to it, although it never asks for the pin ..but wont connect. so i can't transfer phone audio playback to the headset . useless :(

think maybe i have a faulty unit.

wont connect to my SE W610i, nor my ps3 ..errors out.

hmmmm

got mine from AccessoryJack ...

A|ex

Oct 8, 2008
Hong Kong
how do you stream music to MW600? I paired my MW600 to Desire, but when I play music there is no sound in the headset...

It should do it by default if its pair to the device, you can tell if its paid as the bluetooth icon on the phone has small triangles next to the bluetooth icon and hte mw600 has a picture of a phone on to say its paired.

if you play music via default music app or other it will stream/ play to the headphones.

it works with spotify, lastfm, mp3s etc fine.

If someone calls you hear the beep, and it auto holds the music.

Do you have the volume turned up on the device? I changed my headphones for better as the default ear pieces were so uncomfy and cheap.

flitjes

Apr 14, 2010
I was thinking when u use a blue-tooth headset will you lose your FM radio functions?

Because the wire of normal earplugs functions as the antenna for the FM radio?

I'd really want to know this because i listen to the FM radio allot so this is a really important thing to me.

NazAbdm

Mar 28, 2010
It should do it by default if its pair to the device, you can tell if its paid as the bluetooth icon on the phone has small triangles next to the bluetooth icon and hte mw600 has a picture of a phone on to say its paired.

if you play music via default music app or other it will stream/ play to the headphones.

I managed to pair it and stream music (I think battery charge wasn't enough when I was trying to pair it for the first time), quality is pretty good for me...

But I found the following BUG: when I have incoming call while listening to music (I use standard Desire music player), I can't hear caller's voice. If I stop music and call back, than it works fine.

Can somebody test it?

i juz got the MW600 today from mobilecityonline, but i got a few problems...
1) how can i pair MW600 with windows 7?? it keep sayin driver not found...
2) when i paired it with ps3, it doesnt stream any music or video sound at all which the ps3 is playing...
3) how can i get song title display on the screen when i pair it with my X1?? i tried using WMP, CorePlayer, and the experience panal... but all doesnt work...
4) i do c a clock once in a while, but the time is wrong, wat is the excatly buttons to display the clock and set the clock??

A|ex

Oct 8, 2008
Hong Kong
I managed to pair it and stream music (I think battery charge wasn't enough when I was trying to pair it for the first time), quality is pretty good for me...

But I found the following BUG: when I have incoming call while listening to music (I use standard Desire music player), I can't hear caller's voice. If I stop music and call back, than it works fine.

Can somebody test it?

This works fine for me using hte standard HTC music player, Do you pair the device to your phone as does it display as being paired on phone and device?

you should here the beeps in your headphones when someone is trying to call.

When they do call it sounds as if htey can hear you but you cannnot hear them, are you sure your using the device mic or the phone mic?

It sounds to me your device is not paired correctly or you have connected device to the phone.

A|ex

Oct 8, 2008
Hong Kong
i juz got the MW600 today from mobilecityonline, but i got a few problems...
1) how can i pair MW600 with windows 7?? it keep sayin driver not found...
What mode are you using to pair it with windows 7, this is not the win7 forum!
2) when i paired it with ps3, it doesnt stream any music or video sound at all which the ps3 is playing...
Again what mode are you using and have you read the manual? Again this is not a ps3 forum
3) how can i get song title display on the screen when i pair it with my X1?? i tried using WMP, CorePlayer, and the experience panal... but all doesnt work...
Install smartWatchM (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=362218), why post about the X1 in the HTC desire forum?
4) i do c a clock once in a while, but the time is wrong, wat is the excatly buttons to display the clock and set the clock??
You will find the answer to the time displaying etc on your other device but not in the HTC desire forum.

Top Liked Posts