[MOD] CirclesMod for Galaxy Nexus

Search This thread

Hooolm

Jul 28, 2010
Odense
hooolm.com
So of course I had to get a Galaxy Nexus. After having stared at its unimaginative statusbar icons for a few days, I felt there was a certain, circular aspect missing from its UI, so I took a deep breath and fired up Photoshop. I've kept the style similar to my previous versions of CirclesMod, but the icons are completely redrawn to make use of the Nexus' higher display resolution, and also incorporating some of my ideas from the Galaxy Tab 10.1.

Looks like this ...
ss_GNexus_CirclesMod_001.png

The most convenient way to get the Mod is via the Play Store, if you're running CyanogenMod 9, AOKP, Gummy or another ROM that incorporates the CM9 Theme Engine... I'm in the process of converting my themes to this format.

http://c0.dk/cmicsblue

My website holds all other versions, and I encourage you to bookmark this link, if you want to keep track of my Galaxy Nexus downloads :)
http://circlesmod.dk...?s=dl&vl=gnexus

Disclaimer zero: I'm pre-supposing that you already know what to do with flashable zips, and that you accept responsibility for your own actions. Use your head, keep your device backed up and so on and so forth
Disclaimer one: You're welcome to modify or repurpose my work as long as it's not generating income and I'm credited with a link to either http://circlesmod.dk or this thread.
Disclaimer two: As for updates and versions, I'm not gonna do massive change logs and follow seven forums to cover the "market". I can't and won't spend all my waking hours building for any and every half-hourly KANG out there, so I'm inclined to pick one or two major ROMs and support that... I'm inclined to spend most of my time maintaining my Play Store theme(s) as it allows me to hit the greatest amount of devices with the least amount of effort...
smile.png

Disclaimer three: I have the European GSM variant, also known as Maguro. Assume that my builds are for the GSM version. When in doubt, ask.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2007
This looks awesome. I am too nervous to try it on Android Revolution HD 2.1.0 but if anyone else gets it working let me know!

--FCOD

Hooolm

Jul 28, 2010
Odense
hooolm.com
I'm probably gonna try out Revolution too...I'm holding out for them fixing that reboot-while-plugged-in-equals-sleep-of-death-bug :)

Long term? Oxygen or CyanogenMod. In that order :)

N

NitrozKC

I'm probably gonna try out Revolution too...I'm holding out for them fixing that reboot-while-plugged-in-equals-sleep-of-death-bug :)

Long term? Oxygen or CyanogenMod. In that order :)

Don't go out of your way to support ALL the ROM's because I can guarantee alot more ROM's coming soon. I'm sticking with supporting MoDaCo (Which I'm doing now) and Android Revolution.

Big-A-Rob

Aug 11, 2010
Seattle, Wa
Awesome, I loved your work on the SGT. Going to try this out on Android Revolution 2.1.1. That has been my favorite ROM so far.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Big-A-Rob

Aug 11, 2010
Seattle, Wa
Looks to be working pretty good on Android Revolution 2.1.1. This does have the search and menu button mod from Modaco for anyone wanting to flash this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

mklass

Apr 3, 2010
Just installed this on Madaco's IR6. Also I'm using BRD Launcher 2.0 which is optimised for 240 DPI and it works great. One thing i have noticed is that when charging the yellow lightning bolt flashes twice displaying the percentage in-between very second. (Not sure if thats a feature or a bug) just thought i'd mention.

Is there any chance we could get a modded airplane symbol to?

minooch

Oct 16, 2008
Hooolm,

What app are you using to extract, zip, decompile & compile the apk.

Tried apktool yesterday, but had lots of troubles.

Wouldn't mind using it on 74K :D

Cheers,

Minooch

Hooolm

Jul 28, 2010
Odense
hooolm.com
Don't go out of your way to support ALL the ROM's because I can guarantee alot more ROM's coming soon. I'm sticking with supporting MoDaCo (Which I'm doing now) and Android Revolution.
Oh, I won't :) Since there isn't a stock Samsung or stock Sense ROM for the Nexus lines, people will tend to gravitate towards something like CM9, which suits me juuuust fine :)
Awesome, I loved your work on the SGT. Going to try this out on Android Revolution 2.1.1. That has been my favorite ROM so far.
Thanks man...much appreciated.
Looks to be working pretty good on Android Revolution 2.1.1. This does have the search and menu button mod from Modaco for anyone wanting to flash this.
Yeah, that was just part of the particular framework I baked for myself at modaco.com. Somehow I didn't think I'd like having my main action buttons jump around on me :)
As for AndroidRevolution, I'm a little bit intimidated by ROMs that want to completely reformat my device. I like having an easy exit strategy...having said that, people seem to be very content with that ROM.
Just installed this on Madaco's IR6. Also I'm using BRD Launcher 2.0 which is optimised for 240 DPI and it works great. One thing i have noticed is that when charging the yellow lightning bolt flashes twice displaying the percentage in-between very second. (Not sure if thats a feature or a bug) just thought i'd mention.

Is there any chance we could get a modded airplane symbol to?
Sure, although creatively there isn't much to do with that except slap an airplane over a circle :)
As for the charging flashing pattern, you're right - the xml is a leftover from one of my galaxy tab themes, where the lightning bolt would flash over the numbers like this...
flashing_2011-12-20_092050.png

That effect doesn't really work with the ICS overlay, it's just that one little thing I forget to change every time I build :rolleyes:
Hooolm,
What app are you using to extract, zip, decompile & compile the apk.
Tried apktool yesterday, but had lots of troubles.
Wouldn't mind using it on 74K :D
Cheers,
Minooch
Hey:)
I'm using APK Multi-Tool, specifically the nightly builds downloaded from GitHub. Works straight out of the box, just remember to register framework-res.apk, even though most of the magic is in SystemUI.apk.

D

Deleted member 3693611

i am using bixies 4.0.3 rom deodexed will this work`?

minooch

Oct 16, 2008
Hey:)
I'm using APK Multi-Tool, specifically the nightly builds downloaded from GitHub. Works straight out of the box, just remember to register framework-res.apk, even though most of the magic is in SystemUI.apk.

Thanks Hooolm, I will give it a shot tomorrow (today technically) at work :)

Found out about having to register framework-res the hard way.

If I get it working, are you cool with me using your pics for bigxie's 4.0.3? It's your work, so your call :D you could put it in your op if you like. This is *if* my brain doesn't fail me

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

jayxpx

Oct 20, 2010
Naples, FL
im assuming this is flashed through CWM? I am running Revolution HD 2.1.1 LTE and want to load this badly! love the way it looks!

Hooolm

Jul 28, 2010
Odense
hooolm.com
(...)If I get it working, are you cool with me using your pics for bigxie's 4.0.3? It's your work, so your call :D you could put it in your op if you like. This is *if* my brain doesn't fail me
Yeah sure :)
My base attitude there is, people are welcome to modify or repurpose my work as long as it's non-commercial and I'm credited with a link to either http://circlesmod.dk or this thread.
Works great on Android Revolution HD 2.1.1 LTE (4.0.2), Thanks!
I've built one on the 2.1.1 framework.
CirclesMod_GNexus_AndroidRevolution_211_b001-signed.zip

Thanks for the screen, I think I need to do the alarm icon :D

Reactions: EvoSideHustlAZ

Top Liked Posts