[APP] Easy Replace and/or Restart SystemUI.apk Utility - By Serajr - v2, 20/04/13

Search This thread

serajr

Recognized Developer / Recognized Themer
Apr 21, 2011
São Paulo - SP
Reactions: kingdj

kingdj

Mar 18, 2013
sweet city,pangkalanbun
hei budy.i wana thk u for ur great work n im using ur system ui since v7,1 till v9,1 n its awesome.bt can u tell me why everytime i open dis app n try to replace system ui its say "sdcard connected or the file isn.t on sdcard/root" btw im switching my memory or swap it,is that make any affect?????? thk u n regards.

Reactions: serajr

serajr

Apr 21, 2011
São Paulo - SP
hei budy.i wana thk u for ur great work n im using ur system ui since v7,1 till v9,1 n its awesome.bt can u tell me why everytime i open dis app n try to replace system ui its say "sdcard connected or the file isn.t on sdcard/root" btw im switching my memory or swap it,is that make any affect?????? thk u n regards.
Thanks bro!!!
This warning tells you that, or your sdcard is conected to pc, or it´s not but SystemUI.apk is not on sd card root, so check both!

Reactions: kingdj

Publiuss

Jun 29, 2012
Hi

I have installed your great mod, but sometimes it crashes.
Would be nice to have an option in this tool to force restarting instead waiting it restarts by itself (after some minutes sometimes).

Reactions: serajr

serajr

Apr 21, 2011
São Paulo - SP
Hi

I have installed your great mod, but sometimes it crashes.
Would be nice to have an option in this tool to force restarting instead waiting it restarts by itself (after some minutes sometimes).
Thanks bro!!
By clicking "Go to SystemUI settings page" button you can manually force stop it, once you´re at its settings page.

Reactions: Publiuss

Publiuss

Jun 29, 2012
Thanks bro!!
By clicking "Go to SystemUI settings page" button you can manually force stop it, once you´re at its settings page.

Hi

Thanks for your answer! :laugh:
But what I would to say is that I would just to "start" (not restart) systemui when it is crashed and is not active, in order to not wait that it restarts by itself.

serajr

Apr 21, 2011
São Paulo - SP
Hi

Thanks for your answer! :laugh:
But what I would to say is that I would just to "start" (not restart) systemui when it is crashed and is not active, in order to not wait that it restarts by itself.
Would be great buddy... but It´s impossible, once its a system core service, and only the system can manage it!!! We need to wait...

serajr

Apr 21, 2011
São Paulo - SP
Bro, I don't actually know how SystemUI works. But, if it runs as a service you can always use am startservice shell command to start SystemUIService.

You´re right bro!!
But in this case, system can´t run properly without status bar service, so immediatly after we kill its pid, system attempts to start it with major priority, see logcat:

06-07 11:51:56.649: I/WindowManager(305): WINDOW DIED Window{2bdd7630 StatusBar paused=false}
06-07 11:51:56.659: I/ActivityManager(305): Process com.android.systemui (pid 385) has died.
06-07 11:51:56.659: W/ActivityManager(305): Scheduling restart of crashed service com.android.systemui/.SystemUIService in 1250ms
06-07 11:51:56.659: W/ActivityManager(305): Scheduling restart of crashed service com.android.systemui/.ImageWallpaper in 11249ms
06-07 11:51:56.679: I/ActivityManager(305): Start proc com.android.systemui for restart com.android.systemui: pid=4531 uid=1000 gids={1015, 3002, 3001, 3003, 3007}

First two lines are proccess killed by RestartSystemUI.apk, others ones (red) are the system trying to restart it by itself, all in the same second. So if the SystemUI is delaying to restart, probably the system is with a high load of background data to process just before!! ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Due to the large amount of people who like to change/mod your status bar (aka SystemUI) and also to ease some rework of copy, rename, paste, set permissions and restart the phone, I decided to make this simple application that does it all in two clicks, without restart your phone!

How to install:

- Uninstall previous versions if needed
    - Install it as normal apk (All device supported, Gingerbread and above)

How it works:

Warning: Possible wallpaper loss!! If so, just reset it!!!

1 - Put your modded SystemUI.apk on the SD card root
    2 - Disconnect SD card (if not, the application will alert you)
    3 - Click on "Replace SystemUI.apk from SD card root and set permissions !!" button (wait and/or ignore any system error alert)
    4 - Click on "Restart SystemUI service now !!" button (the application will finish by itself)
    5 - Wait system restarts your new installed SystemUI.apk
    6 - Enjoy it!

If you want just to restart your SystemUI, simple click "Restart SystemUI service now !!" button!
    If you want just to go to SystemUI settings info page, simple click "Go to SystemUI settings page !!" button!

Screenshot:

attachment.php

Prerequisites:

- A Gingerbread and above rooted device

To do:

- You tell me

If you like it, just press "THANKS" button ;)
    Changelog

v2 - 20/04/2013
    - Now supports Gingerbread and above (thanks samsoul16 for suggestion)
    - New "Go to SystemUI settings page" button (thanks RavinduSha for suggestion)
    - New attachments
    - New screenshot

v1 - 15/04/2013
    - Initial release
    Thumbs

Thumbs
    @serajr

Would you be willing to share your java code to restart SystemUI? I've been trying to add a restart to my xposed mod and it causes SystemUI to crash in a loop, requiring a reboot. Are you using am startservice -n com.android.systemui/.SystemUIService or just a pkill of the pid?

Your app works fine though to restart SystemUI.

Ok bro... no problem!!
    Here we go:

PHP:
    	private void killPackage(String packageToKill) {

Process su = null;

// get superuser
    		try {

su = Runtime.getRuntime().exec("su");

} catch (IOException e) {

e.printStackTrace();

}

// kill given package
    		if (su != null ){

try {

DataOutputStream os = new DataOutputStream(su.getOutputStream()); 
    	            os.writeBytes("pkill " + packageToKill + "\n");
    	            os.flush();
    	            os.writeBytes("exit\n");
    	            os.flush();
    	            su.waitFor();

} catch (IOException e) {

e.printStackTrace();

} catch (InterruptedException e) {

e.printStackTrace();

}
    		}
        }

So just call it this way:

PHP:
        killPackage("com.android.systemui");

I thought just kill it, because it system process OS restart it again

You´re right bro... Thanks for support!!!!