[UPDATE 06/07/2010][APP][SOURCE]Wallpaper Changer - WaPaC 1.4

Search This thread

gonc3d

Dec 29, 2008
Bug in HD2

Nice piece of software, Rapid, I've been looking for something like this for a while. :)
Unfortunately is giving me an error. I uploaded a screen-shot of it, i hope it will help you figuring out what´s happening.

I have a HTC HD2, with ROM 1.66.410.1 and Manila 2.5.19211619.0

Attachments

• 2010-06-04_12-15-25-.jpg
    2010-06-04_12-15-25-.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 2010-06-04_12-15-46-.jpg
    2010-06-04_12-15-46-.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Rapid81

Dec 17, 2009
Nice piece of software, Rapid, I've been looking for something like this for a while. :)
Unfortunately is giving me an error. I uploaded a screen-shot of it, i hope it will help you figuring out what´s happening.

I have a HTC HD2, with ROM 1.66.410.1 and Manila 2.5.19211619.0

When did you get this error?
And I need the top of the Details of the error report, not the bottom.

Slim84

Mar 12, 2009
Prague
looks like a great app. been looking for such thing for a while juste one question I have, does it change the manila file so the BG is in HD or it just the regular wallpaper thats can be switched via Sense which is not in the full resolution and so not that clear and sharp?
Thanks

Rapid81

Dec 17, 2009
Hiya..
is it possible for you to make this work with the latest version of cookie's home tab?
According to him it should be pretty straightforward.. :)
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=6714417&postcount=7510

Thanks

I contacted with him.

looks like a great app. been looking for such thing for a while juste one question I have, does it change the manila file so the BG is in HD or it just the regular wallpaper thats can be switched via Sense which is not in the full resolution and so not that clear and sharp?
Thanks

I'm not changing any manila file, just the registry entry according to the wallpaper.

Rapid81

Dec 17, 2009
wohooo!!!

Thanks, that's good news..
According to cookie you just have to point to a different registry entry :)

Yeah, it's just different registry entry, but it have portrait, landscape and lockscreen wallpaper, and different all tab and home tab. Little bit difficult to set all of them separated. Needs different landscape folder selection, etc...

These are the separate settings:
All tab Landscape
All tab Portrait
Home tab Landscape
Home tab Portrait
Home tab Wide Portrait
Lockscreen

Every people want different settings (just home, all tab portrait, landscape and portrait and lockscreen, etc.). Any idea how to create a settings interface for that? :D

Romeo Fox

Apr 16, 2009
Dubai
Great job, congratulations and thanks you!!!

Since Cookie's version 1.8 (it was working on version 1.7.1) your application change only the wallpaper of the start menu.

I've now a different background between the lock screen and start menu. I would like to come back to original settings, i.e, same background but not able even by uninstalling your soft (which i don't want).

Any idea in meantimes before a fully compatible version :) ?

Thanks again

Renaud

Rapid81

Dec 17, 2009
Great job, congratulations and thanks you!!!

Since Cookie's version 1.8 (it was working on version 1.7.1) your application change only the wallpaper of the start menu.

I've now a different background between the lock screen and start menu. I would like to come back to original settings, i.e, same background but not able even by uninstalling your soft (which i don't want).

Any idea in meantimes before a fully compatible version :) ?

Thanks again

Renaud

The CHT's lockscreen uses a different wallpaper than any other part of the Sense or WM. I'm now consulting with Co0kie to make the WaPac fully compatible with CHT 1.8.X, because the 1.8.X versions are using a different reg entry for wallpapers.

Rapid81

Dec 17, 2009
fantastic news !!!. really hope you get this working with 1.8. good luck......

The CHT 1.8.X compatible version almost done. The new version will change the portrait wallpapers only at the moment. I'm working on a way to select different directories to portrait and landscape wallpapers, but I have no idea for it right now.

Attachments

• Pic1.jpg
    Pic1.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Pic2.jpg
    Pic2.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 15

dagosjt

Dec 12, 2006
Roma
Do you think it will be possible to have separate wallpapers for home tab and CHT lockscreen?

Honestly I've a lot of ideas, do you mind if I'll list you? :D

Rapid81

Dec 17, 2009
Do you think it will be possible to have separate wallpapers for home tab and CHT lockscreen?

Honestly I've a lot of ideas, do you mind if I'll list you? :D

If you watch the screenshot what I was posted before, you'll see the separate checkbox for home tab, all tab and lockscreen. ;) If you'll not check the "Same 4 all", you'll have different wallpapers on each one of them (if the random function works properly :D ).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wallpaper Changer - WaPaC 1.4
    Created by Rapid

Now OpenSource (see the bottom of this post)​

Because I don't have time to develop this application further and the current state of the program is fine for my use, I share the WaPaC's source by the community now.

A few terms, what you need to consider, before you use the source and consider to develop it in the future:
    1. The WaPaC name needs to stay as it is, or if not and you use the source code, you need to mention it!
    2. You need to mention my name, as the original developer of this program and where are the sources came from
    3. You need to mention mohitsapru's name, as the developer of the scheduler component
    4. I need a PM (or email) about the releases where you used the source or the release of a new WaPaC version
    5. The future versions needs to be Windows Mobile version and Resolution free a.k.a. needs to work on every WinMo versions (5.0, 6.0, 6.1, 6.5, 6.5.X) and all resolutions!

I created a wallpaper changer application (WaPaC), to the scheduled wallpaper changing on WM's Today and on Sense. Tested on Samsung Omnia 2 with Sense 2.5 and everything is working fine.

The program is not a beta anymore, but still under development and may contains some bugs.

Changes in 1.4
    • No maximum files number anymore (maximum folders number is still 100)
    • A "Change NOW interface" added to select the needed UI to the change
    • Now the settings app shows the next time of the schedule
    • Random and continuously change setting added (you'll see randomizing popup window sometimes)
    • Intervals minimum set low to 1 minute with 1 minute steps
    • Besides the interval, now you can change the wallpapers at a specific time, like 8:00AM every day
    • The "back to the previous wallpaper" function is added and accessible with the "-prev" parameter and will change all choosen UI's wallpapers back to the previous one (not 100% if you use more than 1 directory for wallpapers storing).
    • The installer creates a "Change Now" and "Previous wallpaper" shortcut
    • Because I cannot create a setup.dll, the additional shortcuts is downloadable from the bottom of this post, but you need to edit the files, if you're not install the app to the device.
    • Several minor and major bugfixes

Changes in 1.3
    • The program is now compatible with CHT 1.8.X. You can change the wallpaper of the Home tab, All tab and CHT Lockscreen.
    • When you plug your phone to USB with Mass Storage settings, and the needed folder is not available to the WaPaC (or you deleted a selected folder), the app not crash.
    • Context menu added to the Selected Folders list to remove folders (if the folder is not available anymore, etc.)
    • The application is pops up a warning in the case you not select any UI, when you want to save the settings (not when you uncheck all).

Changes in 1.21
    • The folder changing bug fixed (when you tap on a folder and jumped to an other in the selected one)

Changes in 1.2
    • Redesigned interface
    • Separated setting for "Change on Windows start" (If you have an earlier version installed, then you need to uncheck and save, then recheck and save the "Start with Windows" option, because the shortcut contents is changed)
    • You can choose Minutes or Hours format at Interval settings
    • Interval changed to 5-1440 minutes or 1 to 24 hours
    • "Change NOW" button added
    • "Change only in idle state" option added (This means, if you're using the phone (the backlight is on) in the time when the scheduled change comes, the changing is delayed)
    • Maximum selectable folder number is 100

Changes in 1.1ß
    - Folderselection is now free
    - Maximum picture number changed to 10000/folder
    - No need to refresh the list when you put new pictures in a selected folder
    - Selected folders list stored and displayed after start and easy to modify.
    - You can add a folder to the selected folders list by checking the checkbox near the folder's name. You can remove by the same method.
    The program's not listing the directories with the following names:
    - Windows
    - Program Files
    - Application data
    - ConnMgr
    - Documents and Settings
    - Temp

Changes in 1.03ß (1.02 skipped, because some real trouble):
    - S2U2 background change added (not tested)
    - Settings saving corrected (HKCU\Software\WaPaC\)
    - Interval steps changed to 5 mins
    - Settings application supports all resolutions (tested on VGA, QVGA, WQVGA, WVGA, Square)

Changes in 1.01ß
    - Start with Windows option problem fixed
    - Clear Sense Background option added

Features:

- maximum 10000 pictures from multiple folders
    - changeable interval from 10 to 720 minutes (12 hours)
    - chooseable user interface to change background (Today and Sense)
    - same wallpaper for the 2 UI or not :)
    - start with Windows possibility
    - not use memory at all, the changing starts with schedule and then quit
    - separate settings application (only WVGA resolution supported yet)
    - you can start/stop the scheduling in the settings app

Special thanx:
    mohitsapru for his help

It is possible the program is working on other Sense, Manila or TouchFlo versions than Sense 2.5, if the wallpaper stored in the same place.

If you want to test it, download the cab and please give me some feedback and ideas, if you have any, to improve the app.

Download
    If you appriciate my work, don't forget to buy me a beer...
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=10789299

Big thanx to who's appriciated my work 'till now!
    • 5€ Matthiew Marks
    • 7€ donwhann
    • 5€ Joao Costa
    • 5€ Naga01