[2013.01.05][ROM] PA-HD2 v2.54-2.9 [PARANOID | PAC][DataOnEXT | NativeSD][ODEX][SWAP]

Search This thread

kovjanos

Dec 22, 2009
Budapest

24qifb4.png

108iihj.png

What's that?

To install
  • Download package from:
  • CREATE BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING
  • Check known issues
  • System size: 180 MB for minimal, 290 MB for full, 360 MB for the full+odex install
    Note: Odexed system will be ~330 MB only, but the process requires some temp space under /system.
  • Installation steps:
    • 1. Choose kernel - tytung's JB kernel / marc1706's JB kernel
      2. Choose location - NAND, NAND with DataOnEXT; NativeSD on SD-EXT (with tytung's kernel)
      3. Select data connection - PPP, RMNET (only if bootloader is MAGLDR)
      4. Select SWAP or skip step
      5. Choose SYSTEM/DATA apps - keyboard, gallery, launcher, now/talk/tts, mail/music/maps/calendar, both 4.1 and 4.2 are available
      6. Select wipe method - dalvik-cache only, data/factory (NativeSD safe), none;
      7. Select ODEXing or skip step
      8. Select/Skip option to retain your PA-Preferences configuration
      9. Done - run installer

Use ROM Toolbox from PlayStore, go to Performance -> Memory manager; choose Presets -> Strict (or Aggressive). Apply and select "Apply at boot".

Note: The P.A.C. framework support is just an update on top of PA-HD2, you can't run the two versions parallel, the ROM will use the same PA-HD2 SD-EXT/NativeSD ID/sub-directory!

Hints

Issues
  • My other HD2 is broken, can't do testing or everyday development, but will try to add features and updates
  • On first boot the Google TTS will crash - if installed.
  • If you have low ringtone / missing notification sound issues on v2.52-1.x, use this workaround:
    • go to Settings->Sound->Volumes
    • unset "Link ringtones & notifications volumes"
    • set both of them to lowest values
    • set them to the expected values
  • The 2G notification toggle does not work. You have to go to Settings->Wireless&networks->Mobile networks (or long press 2G toggle) to turn on/off the 2G-only setting.
  • On v2.52-1.x don't use RMNET with MAGLDR+marc1706

If you can't boot the ROM, please repeat the installation with the following steps:
  • Install as before, choose the same options
  • After deployment finished, save the log files
  • On the next screen deselect the reboot option
  • Finish deployment and go back to recovery
  • Attach phone to desktop, mount usb, copy log from root of the SD to desktop and upload/share the file
  • Also add the following details to your comment: phone (512/1024), bootloader (cLK/MAGLDR), recovery, kernel, installation (NAND, NAND w/ DataOnEXT, NativeSD), or even partition layout...

Tools / Fixes
  • See 2nd post for tools for v2.52-1.x
  • v2.54-2.3 and up has the following tools included in the installer
    • Manage packed applications: install/remove or switch between 4.1 and 4.2 apps
    • Change kernel/connection: change the kernel (tytung's, marc1706's) and/or connection type (ppp, RMNET) w/o re-installing the ROM
    • reODEX: re-ODEX the system after changing system apps/framework
    • Swap install/remove: install/remove init.d script for swap
    • Change framework between PA and P.A.C. (depends on the changes applied under P.A.C.)
    • Change HTC-RIL library between HTC-RIL_2.2.1001G and HTC-RIL_2.2.0054HM

User Contributions
  • Power Button / Softkey for the PA-HD2 v2.54 - 2.x by wwchang
    Power button function for all PA modes including 600px & 360px as well as 720px menu & power 'invisible buttons' and support for NativeSD, DataOnEXT, and NAND installs.
    Package to be installed from recovery.

Download: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=33802706&postcount=757
  • Look&feel tuning - for 720px mode users only - for the PA-HD2 v2.54 - 2.8 by gogodu5sU
    - resized notification ticker
    - resized recent apps thumbnails & kill all button
    - resized navbar buttons + invisible&permanent menu button (right of recent apps button)
    - increased volume panel top padding
    - replaced some gb-orange with holo-blue
    - systemUI (workspace) optimized for 720px layout + 192dpi
    - button light fix included, to avoid them turning on when switching auto/manual brightness
    - panel button glow changes with navbar button glow

Download: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=34432998&postcount=764

Last edited:

kovjanos

Dec 22, 2009
Budapest
Change log:
  • PA-HD2 v2.54 - 2.9
    • Set HTC-RIL_2.2.1001G to default
    • Added missing ril files for manual network switching (2g/3g switching works as before, see above) (thx to tyr75)
    • Fixed issues around changing between ppp and rmnet
    • Marc1706 kernel updated to 0.1.2 (still experimental, report back experiences!)
    • Updated applications: Multiling Keyboard, GoogleNow, GoogleMaps, YouTube, GoogleMail, Term
    • 720p hw video playback extended, now supports what can be supported
    • Added step to installer to preserve paranoid preferences (enabled by default)
    • Some sysctl tuning to improve performance
  • PA-HD2 v2.54 - 2.8
    • Fixed error on searching mobile networks manually with HTC-RIL_2.2.0054HM.
      Note1: You don't need to reinstall, use the HTC-RIL switcher built in the installer
      Note2: Keep pressing "search...", sometimes it requires 5-10 attempt to list all the available networks
      Note3: If you have unstable mobile connectivity, switch back to HTC-RIL_2.2.1001G
    • Added step to choose HTC-RIL version during install
    • Added extra tool to switch HTC-RIL versions without reinstall
  • PA-HD2 v2.54 - 2.7
    • Fixed wifi tether (PA only, PAC not affected)
      NOTE: you don't need to re-install the system if you are on v2.54-2.6, just select the PA/PAC framework switcher, choose Restore PA and install, this will deploy the fixed PA framework.
  • PA-HD2 v2.54 - 2.6
    • Fixed missing DeskClock
      NOTE: you don't need to re-install if you are on v2.54-2.5, just select "manage exra apps", scroll down to DeskClock, select stock or 4.2 and install app.
    • Added DeskClock and GenieWidget to extra apps
    • During install, swap will be selected by default if swap partition exists
  • PA-HD2 v2.54 - 2.5
    • Upgraded Contacts and Contacts Provider packages
    • Option to configure swap during the installation
    • Added installer feature to switch between PARANOID (2.54) and P.A.C. (v16) frameworks
    • Fixed modversion to let ParanoidPreferences request root to save configuration changes
  • PA-HD2 v2.54 - 2.3
    • Fixed ADB not starting
    • New installer with built-in tools: manage apps, change kernel, reODEX, manage swap
    • Updated google apps
  • PA-HD2 v2.54 - 2.0
    • Upgraded to PARANOID ANDROID 2.54
    • Google 4.2 apps added to installer
  • PA-HD2 v2.52 - 1.4
    • Fixed installer for cLK
  • PA-HD2 v2.52 - 1.3
    • Fixed Terminal application crashing
    • Fixed SD-EXT mount toolkit
    • Fixed Install wizard Exit button
    • Fixed AROMA installer messing up deployment if SD-Card not prepared correctly
  • PA-HD2 v2.52 - 1.2
    • Fixed MAGLDR support
    • Added tytung's kernel: tytung_jellybean_r1
    • Added NativeSD support (only with tytung's kernel)
    • Added package: WifiTether
  • PA-HD2 v2.52 - 1.1
    • Installer enhanced to reduce storage requirements for "minimal install"
    • Added packages: MultiLing Keyboard, QuickPic, GooglePlayServices
    • ODEXing script modified to support more toolkits
  • PA-HD2 v2.52 - 1.0
    • Initial release

Old releases:

Old Tools / Fixes
  • re-ODEX for v2.52-1.x - update-1 (2012-November-08)
    Get the system re-ODEXed after changing system or user installed applications or changing framework. Use this fix from recovery.
    NOTE: On an ODEXed system you must move/remove the files together with the odex files otherwise system will be broken! Do not remove odex/apk/jar files without having a backup created from recovery!
    Make sure you have enough free space in SYSTEM! Create backup in recovery before flashing!

Download: reODEX-PA-HD2-v2.52-1.x-u1.zip - 1.57 MB
    MD5: 86e25af5f7dbbb8a46edb79f15dbf7b3
  • Kernel / Connection Switcher for v2.52-1.x update-1 (2012-November-09)
    Flash different kernels and/or change between PPP and RMNET without re-flashing the whole ROM.
    NOTE: /system/default.prop will be removed/overwritten!
    Create backup in recovery before flashing!

Download: kernelswitcher-PA-HD2-v2.52-1.x-u1.zip - 11.33 MB
    MD5: e9a3059189b96d36eabc38e3eb010e78
  • Android 4.2 Keyboard for v2.52-1.x - update-1 (2012-November-08)
    Install the Android 4.2 Keyboard into PA-HD2-v2.52-1.x. Use this fix from recovery.
    The package can be used to remove any IME* (stock 4.1.2 or android 4.2) keyboards (MultiLing will be kept installed), install stock 4.1.2 keyboard or install android 4.2 keyboard.
    Make sure you have ~15 MB (for 4.2) or ~25 MB (for 4.1.2) free space in SYSTEM! Create backup in recovery before flashing!

Download: keyboard-PA-HD2-v2.52-1.x-u1.zip - 23.06 MB
    MD5: 3bdd783d5fba37e4e7cdcf87ac458498

Old User Contributions
  • Power Button / Softkey for the PA-HD2 v2.52 - 1.x by wwchang
    Power button function for all PA modes including 600px & 360px as well as 720px menu & power 'invisible buttons' and support for NativeSD, DataOnEXT, and NAND installs.

Last edited:

kovjanos

Dec 22, 2009
Budapest
OMG! Sitting in the middle of a storm with slow/unreliable net connection...
...I was managed to upload the file, but can't fetch it to verify MD5.

You can download the package from here: http://ul.to/w7ghbmy4 - DO NOT FORGET TO CHECK MD5! (e6b99a7d6dff97613254fad96831584f)

Let me know if uploaded package is OK!

J.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kujtim86 and __

wollice

Apr 13, 2011
weihai
can not download . .....................

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

can u pls make a mirror for those area where has internet restriction , like china . thank you very much

wollice

Apr 13, 2011
weihai
by the way , bro. there is a dev cooked a rom base on PACman HD2 v1.1 and make it has calling location functionality . so i am wondering how can i have that function in your rom ? do i need to just replace some files in ur rom with them from that rom ?if so , can you tell which files should i replace ? appreciate for your briliant job .

wollice

Apr 13, 2011
weihai
Oh, I see - d-h.st would be better?

J.

absolutely better .

we can download from d-h very fast . please make mirror over there . thank you

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

Give me more details and URL - I will check later...

J.

i am not sure if you can open this download URL . http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=90420&uk=4264349608

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

one more thing . bro . is ur rom of low sound issue fixed ? i mean the sound when receiving a call and the notification sound .

kovjanos

Dec 22, 2009
Budapest
is ur rom of low sound issue fixed ? i mean the sound when receiving a call and the notification sound .

No, unfortunately the sound issue exists, I think it's a CM based issue...
You have to

J.

Reactions: __

wollice

Apr 13, 2011
weihai
Ihave done full install and i got bootloop .. i did exactly according to your instructions . ......how can u help me ?

kovjanos

Dec 22, 2009
Budapest
Ihave done full install and i got bootloop .. i did exactly according to your instructions . ......how can u help me ?

1. Give more details: device, bootloader, recovery, partition layout, type of deployment.
2. Do a new clean install and "save log" if done. On the reboot step do not reboot but go back to recovery, attach device to desktop, enable usb storage in recovery, copy file from SD and upload log to somewhere...

J.

wollice

Apr 13, 2011
weihai
1. Give more details: device, bootloader, recovery, partition layout, type of deployment.
2. Do a new clean install and "save log" if done. On the reboot step do not reboot but go back to recovery, attach device to desktop, enable usb storage in recovery, copy file from SD and upload log to somewhere...

J.

i am now doing reinstall . my configuration as below :
clk bootloader
recovery 320M
device:EU-leo

full install with data one ext and odex

2nd time , change recovery size to 340M and custom install without check the last two option for tts.
i am waiting to boot ...........

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

i am now doing reinstall . my configuration as below :
clk bootloader
recovery 320M
device:EU-leo

full install with data one ext and odex

2nd time , change recovery size to 340M and custom install without check the last two option for tts.
i am waiting to boot ...........

2nd time .boot successfully .

my little observations for now :
1, no rom control in settings ,which was able to change alot things for softkey , wish you can take that from PAC 1.1 rom .
2, i found there is very few free internal space i can not install any apps.
3. i feel kinda lag than original rom

kovjanos

Dec 22, 2009
Budapest
my little observations for now :
1, no rom control in settings ,which was able to change alot things for softkey , wish you can take that from PAC 1.1 rom .
2, i found there is very few free internal space i can not install any apps.
3. i feel kinda lag than original rom

1. you mean the AOKP Rom Control? - No, until PAC is only mixing PA and AOKP without real merge, I'll try to stay with clean PA.
2. on EU-leo you have to use DataOnEXT type of deployment. The rom could be stripped down to ~175MB, but it's still big to share NAND between SYSTEM and DATA...
3. Wait a few minutes, do a reboot than wait a few mins - especially if you are on SD-EXT as starting up apps trying to access SD in parallel which is quite painful for SD.

Please note, that animations are turned on, to get more resps, go to Settings->Developer options, scroll down and set animation/duration scales to off (window, transition and animator).

J.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

24qifb4.png

108iihj.png

What's that?

To install
    • Download package from:
    • CREATE BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING
    • Check known issues
    • System size: 180 MB for minimal, 290 MB for full, 360 MB for the full+odex install
      Note: Odexed system will be ~330 MB only, but the process requires some temp space under /system.
    • Installation steps:
      • 1. Choose kernel - tytung's JB kernel / marc1706's JB kernel
        2. Choose location - NAND, NAND with DataOnEXT; NativeSD on SD-EXT (with tytung's kernel)
        3. Select data connection - PPP, RMNET (only if bootloader is MAGLDR)
        4. Select SWAP or skip step
        5. Choose SYSTEM/DATA apps - keyboard, gallery, launcher, now/talk/tts, mail/music/maps/calendar, both 4.1 and 4.2 are available
        6. Select wipe method - dalvik-cache only, data/factory (NativeSD safe), none;
        7. Select ODEXing or skip step
        8. Select/Skip option to retain your PA-Preferences configuration
        9. Done - run installer

Use ROM Toolbox from PlayStore, go to Performance -> Memory manager; choose Presets -> Strict (or Aggressive). Apply and select "Apply at boot".

Note: The P.A.C. framework support is just an update on top of PA-HD2, you can't run the two versions parallel, the ROM will use the same PA-HD2 SD-EXT/NativeSD ID/sub-directory!

Hints

Issues
    • My other HD2 is broken, can't do testing or everyday development, but will try to add features and updates
    • On first boot the Google TTS will crash - if installed.
    • If you have low ringtone / missing notification sound issues on v2.52-1.x, use this workaround:
    • The 2G notification toggle does not work. You have to go to Settings->Wireless&networks->Mobile networks (or long press 2G toggle) to turn on/off the 2G-only setting.
    • On v2.52-1.x don't use RMNET with MAGLDR+marc1706

If you can't boot the ROM, please repeat the installation with the following steps:
    • Install as before, choose the same options
    • After deployment finished, save the log files
    • On the next screen deselect the reboot option
    • Finish deployment and go back to recovery
    • Attach phone to desktop, mount usb, copy log from root of the SD to desktop and upload/share the file
    • Also add the following details to your comment: phone (512/1024), bootloader (cLK/MAGLDR), recovery, kernel, installation (NAND, NAND w/ DataOnEXT, NativeSD), or even partition layout...

Tools / Fixes
    • v2.54-2.3 and up has the following tools included in the installer
      • Manage packed applications: install/remove or switch between 4.1 and 4.2 apps
      • Change kernel/connection: change the kernel (tytung's, marc1706's) and/or connection type (ppp, RMNET) w/o re-installing the ROM
      • reODEX: re-ODEX the system after changing system apps/framework
      • Swap install/remove: install/remove init.d script for swap
      • Change framework between PA and P.A.C. (depends on the changes applied under P.A.C.)
      • Change HTC-RIL library between HTC-RIL_2.2.1001G and HTC-RIL_2.2.0054HM

User Contributions
    • Power Button / Softkey for the PA-HD2 v2.54 - 2.x by wwchang

• Look&feel tuning - for 720px mode users only - for the PA-HD2 v2.54 - 2.8 by gogodu5sU
      - resized notification ticker
      - resized recent apps thumbnails & kill all button
      - resized navbar buttons + invisible&permanent menu button (right of recent apps button)
      - increased volume panel top padding
      - replaced some gb-orange with holo-blue
      - systemUI (workspace) optimized for 720px layout + 192dpi
      - button light fix included, to avoid them turning on when switching auto/manual brightness
      - panel button glow changes with navbar button glow

Download: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=34432998&postcount=764
    Change log:
    • PA-HD2 v2.54 - 2.9
      • Set HTC-RIL_2.2.1001G to default
      • Added missing ril files for manual network switching (2g/3g switching works as before, see above) (thx to tyr75)
      • Fixed issues around changing between ppp and rmnet
      • Marc1706 kernel updated to 0.1.2 (still experimental, report back experiences!)
      • Updated applications: Multiling Keyboard, GoogleNow, GoogleMaps, YouTube, GoogleMail, Term
      • 720p hw video playback extended, now supports what can be supported
      • Added step to installer to preserve paranoid preferences (enabled by default)
      • Some sysctl tuning to improve performance
    • PA-HD2 v2.54 - 2.8
      • Fixed error on searching mobile networks manually with HTC-RIL_2.2.0054HM.
        Note1: You don't need to reinstall, use the HTC-RIL switcher built in the installer
        Note2: Keep pressing "search...", sometimes it requires 5-10 attempt to list all the available networks
        Note3: If you have unstable mobile connectivity, switch back to HTC-RIL_2.2.1001G
      • Added step to choose HTC-RIL version during install
      • Added extra tool to switch HTC-RIL versions without reinstall
    • PA-HD2 v2.54 - 2.7
      • Fixed wifi tether (PA only, PAC not affected)
        NOTE: you don't need to re-install the system if you are on v2.54-2.6, just select the PA/PAC framework switcher, choose Restore PA and install, this will deploy the fixed PA framework.
    • PA-HD2 v2.54 - 2.6
      • Fixed missing DeskClock
        NOTE: you don't need to re-install if you are on v2.54-2.5, just select "manage exra apps", scroll down to DeskClock, select stock or 4.2 and install app.
      • Added DeskClock and GenieWidget to extra apps
      • During install, swap will be selected by default if swap partition exists
    • PA-HD2 v2.54 - 2.5
      • Upgraded Contacts and Contacts Provider packages
      • Option to configure swap during the installation
      • Added installer feature to switch between PARANOID (2.54) and P.A.C. (v16) frameworks
      • Fixed modversion to let ParanoidPreferences request root to save configuration changes
    • PA-HD2 v2.54 - 2.3
      • Fixed ADB not starting
      • New installer with built-in tools: manage apps, change kernel, reODEX, manage swap
      • Updated google apps
    • PA-HD2 v2.54 - 2.0
      • Upgraded to PARANOID ANDROID 2.54
      • Google 4.2 apps added to installer
    • PA-HD2 v2.52 - 1.4
      • Fixed installer for cLK
    • PA-HD2 v2.52 - 1.3
      • Fixed Terminal application crashing
      • Fixed SD-EXT mount toolkit
      • Fixed Install wizard Exit button
      • Fixed AROMA installer messing up deployment if SD-Card not prepared correctly
    • PA-HD2 v2.52 - 1.2
      • Fixed MAGLDR support
      • Added tytung's kernel: tytung_jellybean_r1
      • Added NativeSD support (only with tytung's kernel)
      • Added package: WifiTether
    • PA-HD2 v2.52 - 1.1
      • Installer enhanced to reduce storage requirements for "minimal install"
      • Added packages: MultiLing Keyboard, QuickPic, GooglePlayServices
      • ODEXing script modified to support more toolkits
    • PA-HD2 v2.52 - 1.0
      • Initial release

Old releases:

Old Tools / Fixes
    • re-ODEX for v2.52-1.x - update-1 (2012-November-08)
      Get the system re-ODEXed after changing system or user installed applications or changing framework. Use this fix from recovery.
      NOTE: On an ODEXed system you must move/remove the files together with the odex files otherwise system will be broken! Do not remove odex/apk/jar files without having a backup created from recovery!
      Make sure you have enough free space in SYSTEM! Create backup in recovery before flashing!

Download: reODEX-PA-HD2-v2.52-1.x-u1.zip - 1.57 MB
      MD5: 86e25af5f7dbbb8a46edb79f15dbf7b3
    • Kernel / Connection Switcher for v2.52-1.x update-1 (2012-November-09)
      Flash different kernels and/or change between PPP and RMNET without re-flashing the whole ROM.
      NOTE: /system/default.prop will be removed/overwritten!
      Create backup in recovery before flashing!

Download: kernelswitcher-PA-HD2-v2.52-1.x-u1.zip - 11.33 MB
      MD5: e9a3059189b96d36eabc38e3eb010e78
    • Android 4.2 Keyboard for v2.52-1.x - update-1 (2012-November-08)
      Install the Android 4.2 Keyboard into PA-HD2-v2.52-1.x. Use this fix from recovery.
      The package can be used to remove any IME* (stock 4.1.2 or android 4.2) keyboards (MultiLing will be kept installed), install stock 4.1.2 keyboard or install android 4.2 keyboard.
      Make sure you have ~15 MB (for 4.2) or ~25 MB (for 4.1.2) free space in SYSTEM! Create backup in recovery before flashing!

Download: keyboard-PA-HD2-v2.52-1.x-u1.zip - 23.06 MB
      MD5: 3bdd783d5fba37e4e7cdcf87ac458498

Old User Contributions
    • Power Button / Softkey for the PA-HD2 v2.52 - 1.x by wwchang

EOL

Hi,

Please note, that I stopped working on this release.

...on the other hand:
    Code:
    Building ParanoidAndroid v3.00

============================================
    PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
    PLATFORM_VERSION=4.2.2
    TARGET_PRODUCT=pa_leo

I hope I'll have enough time in the next few days to make it free from major bugs (and hope kernel's wifi will be fixed soon).

J.
    FYI: finally got the 4.2.1 + PA 2.99 built w/o error... I'm trying to hack some proprietary files together and put it into an installer, but that's a *****. Beside the fact that ROM developers are sharing almost nothing back + PA now is AOSP, I'm not sure is AOSPA3+ will be a good alternative.

J.
    v2.54-2.0

Hi,

Here is the new package: PA-HD2_v2.54-2.0.zip - 255.32 MB MD5: be88b5848ac6efc2d6e5c94337909e98

1. CREATE FULL BACKUP FROM RECOVERY! before flashing
    2. If you are doing an upgrade w/o wiping your data (of course you don't want to loose your settings and apps), make sure
    - you select wipe dalvik at least
    - you select all the extra apps for /data/app (e.g. google apps) otherwise they will be removed (not all if you updated from market)
    - you select apps only compatible with your current applications - e.g. if you downloaded GooglePlayMusic 4.1.2, clean up (remove app) before installing 4.2 from installer.
    3. Make sure your PARANOID PREFERENCES are backed up as rom upgrade removes the settings.
    Please note: it could be happened, that you have to merge your settings back manually - test if restoring preferences from PPreferences works...

Currently there is only tytung's kernel included, not sure if I'll have time to add marc1706's kernel - feedback please!
    I tested only cLK+tytung+NAND-DataOnEXT+PPP - please leave some notes if you tested additional configs!

J.