Votes: 231 40.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

mrp1375

Sep 1, 2013
Tehran
marezayeye.ir
Redmi Note 9 Pro
I've this problem with my Pure White Arc S.A crack near the proximity sensor on the left side and two cracks near the volume button on the side of phone.I own this phone since two months later and have no accidents like falling etc...
I think this happens because of expansion and condensation.

ManthanRB

Mar 23, 2012
London
I've this problem with my Pure White Arc S.A crack near the proximity sensor on the left side and two cracks near the volume button on the side of phone.I own this phone since two months later and have no accidents like falling etc...
I think this happens because of expansion and condensation.

I bought an housing from ebay no original housing but made by some third party, the finishing is like original & you cant figure out the difference, its been 3 Months now i am using the housing & there is no cracks or anything stupid.

Also the seller claims that its made more tougher than the original one.
yes i can feel the toughness!!

hades187

Jul 11, 2012
These cracks are the curse of the Arc.i can't unterstand Sony bringing out such a fail ... Have the same prob but dont want to kill my Arc by trying to change the Cover...

Sent from my Xperia Arc S (LT18i) using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NEW THING ( A EMAIL OF SONY) :

Our Blogs Support Forum Facebook
    Hi radheck,

In regards to your inquiry about the reinforced housing for the Xperia™ arc, we have investigated the issue and we are happy to confirm this. We are using reinforced components to make the Xperia™ arc.

If you require more information, or have any other questions, please reply to us at SEAnswers.Us@Support.SonyEricsson.com, or our Twitter account at http://www.twitter.com/SEAnswers.

Best regards, Lidia Sony Ericsson Social Media Team

IF YOU LIKE , PICK THANKS
    If you have this crack and would like the front cover replaced you should contact your local support team for more info. Now days a improved front cover is being used.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/corporate/common/contact/phonelist

The Arc S doesn't have the house cracking problem.
    Your welcome.

I must be honest, I also checked out other models and I then only found one that would interest me if I could choose a new one. And it would be the Samsung Galaxy S II... In the future maybe the Sony Xperia S. But I would wait a few months and see if it would suffer from the same problems as the Arc (s) ...

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
    I've contacted SE Belgium through facebook and they told me the crack is in fact a crack in the paint and doesn't affect the phone's safety...

Mine has also been sent for repair... still waiting though. Hope it's fixed permanently..

In Belgium your phone is repaired by Dynafix, so don't count on it getting repaired for free. But still, know your rights. In Belgium you have the right to DEMAND a free and instant replacement during the first 6 months after the purchase, unless they seller can prove you caused the problem by abusing your phone.

So, if it's not repaired, you can actually demand them to give you a new phone. Ask them if they have one in stock before you tell them you have every right to get a new phone.

And get a receipt. Your 2-year warranty period RESTARTS when you get a new device.

(warranty in Belgium is pretty awesome, shame nobody knows it)
    i have exact the same problem without dropping my phone -.- .

Pictures :

sam06252WKO9.jpg

sam0626JHYZJ.jpg

sam0628II9GC.jpg

that photo is identical to the crack on mine